User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By morningrose
  • 1 Post By lilo0003

Thread: Suggestion needed to take decision

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

My elder son is 11 years old and he wanted to buy GTA for his PS4. We gave him $100 Walmart gift card for Christmas and today he came to us asking to take him to Walmart. I just saw reviews and it said 17+ and I showed him that but he said all his friends play that and there is nothing to worry about.DH said he has to wait another 5 years at least so he was very upset and started spending time alone from past 3 hrs( he is one who would like to hang with us in living room). So I went to his room ,he was with tears saying that they would write like that,DH asked me to take decidion,don't understand now and need your suggestion help as now here for me in Canada except this wonderful SC community.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, I think 11 is too young. I've seen the games - my son got his first one when he was 16.
    They really deal with way too mature themes for anyone younger.

You have to just talk with him about that 'everyone else is' doing it thing - that will come up again and again. No, not everyone is - some may be - but just explain that he isn't going to be one of them. There are TONS of other very fun games he can be playing.

Good luck - just as he's getting closer to the teens is a challenging time, but if you set limits now and stick to them, it really pays off in the long run!
    abbasgirl and morningrose like this.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Thank You ,I know only some may have games because of elder siblings.I will convince him over the weekend.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have 2 boys an 11 year old and a 14 year old. It was my 14 year old who said no way on this game. My rule is no M games for an 11 year old and in fact the older one must got his 1st M game and his brother is not allowed to even watch him play. GTO is full of violence sexuality as in prostitution and it's pretty graphic.
    i find kids will always try the but everyone else does it line and I know it's BS
    good luck helping him understand why it's not suited to an 11 yr old. If it helps I let my younger son buy Destiny, it is a T game but it seems ok so far..
    morningrose likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Thank you for letting me know abt GTA game.

Thread Information