• 3 Post By sirandrewr
  • 3 Post By FallenPixels
  • 3 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By terry2144

Thread: Suggestion for new category

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't find any information on how to get the most out of shopping for each and every grocery store. I live within walking distance of 4 stores that sell groceries. I would have to take a bus which requires a lot of planning for other stores.
    With the help of SC I have become pretty good at SDM and even help out my community with my money making trips. I would like to become really good at the other stores as well. I tried searching but couldn't find anything specifically on each and every store. Every store is unique in its rules and this would become a very helpful information section.

Metro - snail mail air mile personalized coupons, website printable coupons, flash email coupons, cash register receipt survey - contests & free air mile points, great clearance sales, accepts manufacturers coupons, take out meal deals, bonus air mile deals in flyer, in store demonstrations, lots of manufacturer coupons on display

Freshco - max 2 item price match on local grocery competition, accepts manufacturers and printed coupons
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, FreshCo, Metro
    Last edited by sirandrewr; Wed, Feb 11th, 2015 at 03:07 PM.
    Ciel, ticul and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Apart from the various points cards, I haven't found that much difference between stores in general
    Ciel, ticul and terry2144 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Loblaws banner stores-usually two or three of their banner stores share some grocery specials in their Flyers. Zehrs tends to have no-tax weekends sometimes the same weekends as Real Cdn Superstore (RCSS) does. Fortino's flyer specials don't always follow the RCSS/Loblaws deals except pop and the odd PC item and Fortino's has not had a no-tax weekend in three years.

Shoppers Drug Mart flyers-if you buy certain products there, you will notice they tend to be on special about once per month. Do be aware that sometimes things maybe a certain sale price one week and the following week's flyer might have them 50 cents higher or lower. Not sure why but something to remember when you preview the next flyers here on SC. If you have your Optimum card registered online and have supplied an e-mail address, you should be getting two or three e-mails each week for pts day or Optimum bonus point coupons for the new flyer. If you enter any Shoppers contests or surveys, always indicate that you want to receive their offers etc by e-mail.

Club Sobeys is winding down, so either redeem your points, rack them up or donate them so they don't get lost. Sobeys will go to an Air Miles program on March 23--there is an option to convert 14 Club Sobeys points for 1 Air Mile reward mile if you decide to jump on the new program bandwagon. However, as far as I know, it is separate from Metro's Air Miles program though both banners are owned by the Sobeys parent company.

Food Basics and Metro both carry the store brand of Irresistibles products (good to know for when the frozen fruit goes on sale for $3.99 at either store). Metro tends to list St. Hubert's family size pies and cheese sticks in flyers (Sobeys lists the pies only and the same with Fortino's).

If you are in London or Toronto area and are a full-time post-secondary student, Sobeys and Loblaw's likely offer a 10% discount on groceries in the university cities at certain stores.
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Feb 9th, 2015 at 04:05 PM.
    ticul, sirandrewr and terry2144 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I do alot of shopping at rcss because of the in store points combined with pming. I drink alot of diet pepsi so shoppers usually has great prices on this When I combine sdm personalized offers with sales,coupons and get xwusx I can rack up the points. For alot of items I shop nf because of low prices. Not sure if this helps but I think it could be personal to what you buy. I like the meat at metro so if there is a good sale I will go there. If I have a points offer for that meat I will go to rcss.
    ticul likes this.

Thread Information