User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree179Likes

Thread: What do most of you redeem your $170 worth of points on one transaction?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    Beauty Boutique. They have everything I need when it comes to skincare and cosmetics. The price piles up fast, especially the nice brands like Stila, Estee Lauder, Dior, or Guerlain. I figure that since the points are "free" or bonus, then I might as well get the luxury cosmetics.

and if you are a guy, then the products at Beauty Boutique make great gifts for mom, spouse, partner, teenagers, boss, etc.

I do exactly what you do (i hope you are a girl, lol), that is, i redeem for higher end beauty/skin care products. Infact optimum points is the only reason how i started using higher end make up and other products.

And all of you have very nice strategies for redemptions. I too make a list of my needs, must haves, wants for redemptions. Sometimes it gets hard to reach the maximum dollar value but still i manage to shop for my redemptions because...?.free feels awesome!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Beyond buying things for your family some options are tradings points for gift cards/coupons with other sc members, gifting points to charities, using points for food bank/toy drive items, or as mentioned gifts for others. If you want to spoil yourself I have bought jewelry there and get so many compliments on it. They also have books and magazines and great seasonal items.
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Personally I redeem for electronics (some for me, some as gifts) - but I wait for the higher redemption amounts ($220 for 95000).

I also take part in the beauty redemption, but at the lower amount (I think it was 40k for $80, or something like that), as I don't have any use for perfumes or high end makeup.

For my family, we can afford to buy groceries, so we do that and earn points instead of spending points on them. But I'm also like you in that I'm kind of stuck on what to redeem my points for - I have everything electronic I could possibly want, and I'm not interested in redeeming on beauty supplies if they aren't offering a better promo for it.
    amira84 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a fun post!! I never have a problem reaching $170 or $210. I buy mostly food (milk, butter, eggs, pizza, chicken strips, pop, chips... basically all the stuff I buy in order to get the points), but I've also redeemed for batteries, rechargeable toothbrush heads, cosmetics, diapers, formula, wii games, smaller electronics, birthday or Christmas presents etc. $170 goes quicker than you think Always a rush when you do a redemption - never gets old!

One thing you may want to consider, if the camera you want is on sale on a 20x day (or when you have a personal email coupon for 20x), you can redeem for $170 and still get points on the rest.
    Momof3girlies, Silk and amira84 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

We do a couple of $85 redemptions during the year and a few $170 redemptions at the holidays. For the lower amount, I can make it easily stocking up on OTC meds, toiletries, paper products grocery staples such as milk, butter, cheese, peanut butter (whatever is needed and well-priced) and household staples. For the higher amount, I've sometimes applied this to electronics or other big-ticket redemptions but usually we get all of the normal stuff along with a healthy dose of holiday gifts such as chocolates, luxury toiletries, books or magazines.
    amira84 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Never made it to $170 level in my entire life

How about beauty stuff like moisturizers?
    Silk, torontogal12 and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I usually do a few redemptions a year at the beauty boutique and a few on stuff we need. And I usually save some points for those "I just want to go shopping for the heck of it" moments, where I redeem for stuff that I wouldn't normally buy.
    annedougherty and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

You'll always need toilet paper etc and it won't go bad. I've never had the larger redemptions but I've bought alot of cheese (shredded and froze ) especially mozzerellisima. I do splurge on items that I just want like others, that I would never pay out of pocket for.
    torontogal12 and amira84 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I always check the purses out (maybe buy 1 per year). But if nothing looks good always food, tp, pop, butter, coffee. Do not want to throw point away by buying stuff I don't want.
    Silk, torontogal12 and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Since I am done with diapers and formula, I use my points as I need them without waiting for a bonus redemption day. I usually use them for kids toothpaste, food, household items, etc.
    Silk, csaund21 and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I don't have any issues spending $170 at SDM. i usually redeem for a mix of food, beauty and household basics
    Momof3girlies, Silk and amira84 like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I stock up mostly on foods. Currently I'm eyeing on headphones as we needed several of them at home.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Stuff you can use, so you can actually save money.

toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, laundry detergent on sale, cleaning supplies, shampoo and other toiletries, feminine products, shredded cheese, milk, salmon. Some stores carry produce. It's pretty easy to spend $170, and you're actually saving money by using points this way.

I have kids, as well as kids in the family, so I usually redeem for $100 at Easter for treats and toys (this stuff adds up!). I've also been redeeming for Halloween, and bought full-size chocolate bars to give out for free. Usually redeem around Christmas for stocking stuffers, chocolate and nuts, and gift sets.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Personally I redeem for electronics (some for me, some as gifts) - but I wait for the higher redemption amounts ($220 for 95000).

I also take part in the beauty redemption, but at the lower amount (I think it was 40k for $80, or something like that), as I don't have any use for perfumes or high end makeup.

For my family, we can afford to buy groceries, so we do that and earn points instead of spending points on them. But I'm also like you in that I'm kind of stuck on what to redeem my points for - I have everything electronic I could possibly want, and I'm not interested in redeeming on beauty supplies if they aren't offering a better promo for it.
    SDM now carries Clarsonic Brushes. You can get one of those. Are they considered electronics? LOL
    Silk likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I also go for $85 redemptions so it's more attainable and you're not wasting points on high priced filler stuff you won't use.

Do you use high-end creams/cosmetics/perfumes? They would make nice gifts.

SDM also sells high end blow dryers and hair straighteners.

You might be able to use Jewellery, magazines, books, vitamins?

Polysporin is pricey if you use that. I redeem for it.

Some stores are selling ground beef/fruit/ other groceries now. Try to get basic things that are often cheap. You can even get baking soda and fresh bread.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Feb 3rd, 2015 at 12:07 AM.
    amira84 likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information