User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: poor quality products... with DANGEROUS results

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Purchased a coffee maker from PC and used it for the first time this morning. As I am pouring the first cup the handle broke SENDING HOT COFFEE EVERYWHERE! Scared me so bad!!! Pictures (pre and post break) posted over at my original $11.97 coffee maker post in the brag section. Nice brag! DO NOT BUY THIS PARTICULAR COFFEE MAKER AS IT IS DANGEROUS!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ticul and terry2144 like this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponingtosurvive View Post
    Purchased a coffee maker from PC and used it for the first time this morning. As I am pouring the first cup the handle broke SENDING HOT COFFEE EVERYWHERE! Scared me so bad!!! Pictures (pre and post break) posted over at my original $11.97 coffee maker post in the brag section. Nice brag! DO NOT BUY THIS PARTICULAR COFFEE MAKER AS IT IS DANGEROUS!!!
    Thank God you were not badly burned due to the coffee! Take it back to PC and tell them to give you your money! Hope you have a better day.
    ticul, Stifler and terry2144 like this.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For $12, we can't really expect it to be quality and solid. Although, you should definitely return it to get your money back. May want to invest in a higher quality coffee maker...they usually last for a long time so it may be worth the extra money. Glad you weren't burned.

Edit: You actually got it for a good price....they make everything CHEAP today.
    Last edited by Stifler; Tue, Feb 3rd, 2015 at 10:19 AM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, it was $11.97 on clearance... was $39.99 regular price... not expensive to begin with... HOWEVER... our last PC coffee maker was $29.99 purchased back in 2005 and used this whole time without any problems...it is still going perfectly. Surprised at your response Stifler. Surely didn't expect to purchase a PC product that we have only had good experience with to be defective in this way. Myself or gosh forbid one of the children if they were near to me could have been badly burned.
    Last edited by couponingtosurvive; Tue, Feb 3rd, 2015 at 10:04 AM.
    walkonby, ticul, Stifler and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So sorry that happened and glad you aren't injured. If it is PC brand you should complain to the PC head office. They are good at responding when it comes to manufacturer defects (I had this problem with a broken part and they really went above and beyond to get the part from the manufacturer).

When it comes to fixing in-store service though, they're infuriating.
    ROMEO, LIVE SIMPLE, ticul and 1 others like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^ Just saw the coffee maker....it looks fairly decent. I thought it was one of those really inexpensive ones in my original post above.

Guess you cant get your money back bc on clearance...what you can do though....(go buy another unit with the same holder that fits and return it with the one you broke) Go to Wally...they return everything.
    ticul and saveadollardiva like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, thank God your are ok. Do contact them as this can happen to someone else too.............................

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm glad you weren't injured and sorry this happened to you. I would definitely contact PC and tell them the details. I hope they refund you're money.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gosh, scary indeed!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Glad you are okay. I bought a popcorn popper before Christmas and it was inferior so I returned it. Guess the small appliances are not up to PC standards. Wonder if they plan to try to move this product through SDM?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought a fan from them in the summer, as soon as we turned it on the motor started to burn and set off my smoke alarm! My mom bought the same model with no problems - lesson learned, quality control is ultra poor and I will NEVER buy a non-name brand appliance ever again - our safety just isn't worth the risk!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^yes when it comes to appliances or electronics not worth risking a fire. glad you are ok.
    Last edited by seylz_gurl; Tue, Feb 3rd, 2015 at 06:16 PM.
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Oh my gosh that could have turned out really badly. So glad you only ended up with a mess. Would hate to think what could have happened with children close by. Definitely contact the location you purchased it from and at least get your money back.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponingtosurvive View Post
    Yes, it was $11.97 on clearance... was $39.99 regular price... not expensive to begin with... HOWEVER... our last PC coffee maker was $29.99 purchased back in 2005 and used this whole time without any problems...it is still going perfectly. Surprised at your response Stifler. Surely didn't expect to purchase a PC product that we have only had good experience with to be defective in this way. Myself or gosh forbid one of the children if they were near to me could have been badly burned.
    I would not be too disappointed if an inexpensive product didn't work for long. I don't think putting you at serious risk is acceptable. I think they should be falling all over you...thankful that you are safe.I recently heard a discussion on the radio about the man who sued Corning over exploding cookware years ago. He was permanently injured from this and finally won. I would be contacting head office.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you for posting this, I have seen them mark down a lot of their appliances in the past and I have always been curious about quality. I am glad to hear you are okay, and thank you again for the warning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information