User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Cashiers not honouring the scanners code of practice! :(

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecats View Post
    At Walmart, NO staff member wants signs to be incorrect --- it all hurts when it comes time for profit-sharing since it goes against the store's profit.
    I don't know how to respond to this.. I really don't understand why this is directed to me.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry if I hit reply with quote instead of reply.

Just indicating that at Walmart, SCOP's affect profits at the store, lowering the amount of profit sharing each employee at the store gets. Too many SCOP's hurts the bottom line when it comes time for payout of profit sharing for the last fiscal year. So no Walmart employee wants signs to be incorrect...or the registers not updated with the correct prices.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecats View Post
    Sorry if I hit reply with quote instead of reply.

Just indicating that at Walmart, SCOP's affect profits at the store, lowering the amount of profit sharing each employee at the store gets. Too many SCOP's hurts the bottom line when it comes time for payout of profit sharing for the last fiscal year. So no Walmart employee wants signs to be incorrect...or the registers not updated with the correct prices.
    ah now it makes sense :O) I think the people who get overcharged pay lot more than the few they pay scop to.. if the loss was that great, the store would hire enough staff to handle the signage and such.. the issue isn't so much the staff they have, just the store values the $$ over paying them. When the cost of scop becomes higher than the cost of paying employees they will hire more employees to handle things.... that seems to be how business operates
    Midnightly likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    477 (100%)

I went into walmart today. I bought a picture frame and it rang in for $6.00 instead of $5. I asked for the SCOP and the customer service rep said that they aren't participating anymore and the laws have changed. I noticed all the SCOP signs are removed from the tills as well. When I called head office they told me they should still be honoring it. Has anything changed with the SCOP that we aren't aware of?
    terry2144 and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by linny View Post
    I went into walmart today. I bought a picture frame and it rang in for $6.00 instead of $5. I asked for the SCOP and the customer service rep said that they aren't participating anymore and the laws have changed. I noticed all the SCOP signs are removed from the tills as well. When I called head office they told me they should still be honoring it. Has anything changed with the SCOP that we aren't aware of?
    The store just doesn't want to follow SCOP like they volunteered to do.They are just making up a story to get out of giving you the picture frame for free.
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, Mar 3rd, 2015 at 05:37 PM.
    Durham Couponer and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

So what do you do if store does not follow scop?

I went to Superstore today and I was over-charge for something by 3 dollars. At the till, I paid and went straight to Customer service where the store manager went to check the price. I followed him and saw him tearing the tag apart so I went behind him, freaking him out. I aske for SCOP and he said 'he does not know' and just gave me change back. I went to supervisor and he ignored me too and said 'its too late'. I did not like how I was treated but I do not think I can do anything. IF anyone wants to help me out, please message me as I have the receipt and everything.

I forgot to right 'super' in front of store hehehe
    Last edited by Arvilish; Sun, Mar 8th, 2015 at 11:20 PM.
    dededi likes this.

Harley
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post

I went to store today and I was over-charge for something by 3 dollars. At the till, I paid and went straight to Customer service where the store manager went to check the price. I followed him and saw him tearing the tag apart so I went behind him, freaking him out. I aske for SCOP and he said 'he does not know' and just gave me change back. I went to supervisor and he ignored me too and said 'its too late'. I did not like how I was treated but I do not think I can do anything. IF anyone wants to help me out, please message me as I have the receipt and everything.
    What store? Not all stores follow SCOP. It is voluntary.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I went to store today and I was over-charge for something by 3 dollars. At the till, I paid and went straight to Customer service where the store manager went to check the price. I followed him and saw him tearing the tag apart so I went behind him, freaking him out. I aske for SCOP and he said 'he does not know' and just gave me change back. I went to supervisor and he ignored me too and said 'its too late'. I did not like how I was treated but I do not think I can do anything. IF anyone wants to help me out, please message me as I have the receipt and everything.
    Perhaps phone head office?
    Poirot likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    Perhaps phone head office?
    I am too chicken to do that

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

If the scanned price of a non-price ticketed item is higher than the shelf price or any other displayed price, the customer is entitled to receive the first item free, up to a $10 maximum. If a Code of Practice problem cannot be resolved at the store level, please call 1-866-499-4599 to register your complaint.
    Poirot and Arvilish like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am too chicken to do that
    Don't be chicken to call they wronged you.They treated you badly.Fight back by calling SCOP and the head office.Next time when you SCOP refuse to take change and don't sign anything until you get the SCOP money in your hand.
    Last edited by Poirot; Mon, Mar 9th, 2015 at 05:43 PM.
    Arvilish likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My question is this - in Zehrs, if the item has a pink sticker indicating a discount percentage - is this considered a stickered item? I've had this happen twice - no price on the pink sticker (the price was located on the shelf) but the supervisor the cashier called claimed the item is "stickered" and no longer qualifies for any further discount (eg SCOP). Is this correct?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by list465 View Post
    My question is this - in Zehrs, if the item has a pink sticker indicating a discount percentage - is this considered a stickered item? I've had this happen twice - no price on the pink sticker (the price was located on the shelf) but the supervisor the cashier called claimed the item is "stickered" and no longer qualifies for any further discount (eg SCOP). Is this correct?
    Yes. The cashier is correct. Scop does not apply to stickered items.
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Tue, Mar 10th, 2015 at 06:43 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Don't be chicken to call they wronged you.They treated you badly.Fight back by calling SCOP and the head office.Next time when you SCOP refuse to take change and don't sign anything until you get the SCOP money in your hand.
    I was about to call with receipt in my hand until I noticed, they did not charge me for my Garnier $7 cleanser! HA Karma [dances like crazy]; I lost about $1.50 in SCOP but I think I will pass! Karma is a cool friend! Manager was trying to lie by tearing the receipt and pretending like it was not the 'right price'! SCOP is so hard to request; I think I have rarely been successfully whenever I initiate...oh well

[Is it bad that I am sooo happy though]

Thanks everyone!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information