User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Cashiers not honouring the scanners code of practice! :(

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I feel like eveyr second time I go into a Loblaws and something scans incorrectly they get frustrated when I point it out and then go to correct the price - when I point out the scanning code of practice they rool their eyes and say "Oh yeah, I was waiting to see if you ask...do you like care about these things??"....
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws
    Ciel, macw1960 and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

If they are giving it to you free then they are honoring it but may have been told my management not to automatically do it.

Lots of people do not know about it.

I always make sure to SCOP if the price is rung in higher and I don't get frustrated as it is free which means more money in my pocket.
    Zonny, Ciel, Midnightly and 2 others like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Do enter their store survey site shown on the receipt to remark on the SCOP situations you have encountered at the store. Maybe email the Retail Council of Canada too, but start with the store survey.
    macw1960 and terry2144 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Remember, per the scanning code of practice, "on a claim made by the customer"....keyword: CLAIM. You have to make the claim - that's why it isn't automatically done.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Everyone just assumes the cashier is out to get them, even though most of them are just trying to follow the rules. I'll admit there are lots of evil little old ladies. But it doesn't mean everyone is trying to ruin your day. Just open your mouth and say something to the cashier. It they complain, then you have an actual reason to be upset. Easy peasy.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    156 (100%)

This is funny because for years, my Superstore used to do it automatically and if I as so much to just starting to remind them, they immediately said "yes, I am doing it now!" So I never said anything, until about 8 months ago, this same lady stopped doing it "automatically". She sort of looking at me and waiting for me to make the claim. And I m like, do u want me to ask ? Finally she told me it's the new policy, they cannot suggest or educate a customer about SCOP. And they will not process a code 33 (SCOP) until a customer officially said, "I am requesting a SCOP". So now I said the magic words every time it happens.
    macw1960 and all about saving like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Just a side note..I was in walmart the other day and overheard a customer asking where the self scanners went to. The cashier replied that someone from head office had them removed because people were abusing them. She didn't elaborate because the customer just said "hmmm" and walked away. (I assume maybe because of SCOP issues?) I didn't have time to go and see if the scanners were still installed. Anyone else notice price scanners missing at Walmart?
    GoJays, macw1960 and terry2144 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Yes, some stores train their staff to just correct the price, UNLESS they ask for the SCOP. A bit shady IMO. If you don't want your store to participate, then don't!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I have had to ask for a SCOP every single time except once. At every store, cashiers don't offer it and I'm guessing they're trained that way
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I'm jealous that you all come up against that so often! I've only ever had it happen once. A friend of mine went to go get the bounty at walmart last week and it came up wrong so she asked for scop and got the bounty for nothing and then made $4 on ch51! So jealous....

Harley
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

I work for a loblaws and at our store cashiers are not allowed to SCOP. They have to call a manager to have the price checked and the manager decides whether or not they get it for free. Cashiers have zero say in the matter.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Who would I go to if the manager refuses when the price should be adjusted? Consumer Protection BC?

Quote Originally Posted by harley View Post
    I work for a loblaws and at our store cashiers are not allowed to SCOP. They have to call a manager to have the price checked and the manager decides whether or not they get it for free. Cashiers have zero say in the matter.

Harley
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marchBB View Post
    Who would I go to if the manager refuses when the price should be adjusted? Consumer Protection BC?
    No idea who you would go to. Cashiers at our store are bottom of the food chain so to speak. As far as we have been told it is up to the CSM on duty and sometimes it goes well, sometimes not so much.
    Midnightly, macw1960 and terry2144 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There 's a SCOP number to call with your complaint, not that I have it handy, but it's in the code wording. Someone will know it.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Not often at all for me. Last year, I had one.
    Quote Originally Posted by all about saving View Post
    I'm jealous that you all come up against that so often! I've only ever had it happen once. A friend of mine went to go get the bounty at walmart last week and it came up wrong so she asked for scop and got the bounty for nothing and then made $4 on ch51! So jealous....
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information