User Tag List

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By saveadollardiva
  • 4 Post By olivercat
  • 3 Post By olivercat
  • 2 Post By LisaLisaBoBisa

Thread: FREE Snow and Ice Removal For Seniors and Adults With Disabilities-Toronto Area

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I didn't know about this until I came across this.

If you are living in the core area of Toronto(Toronto, York, and East York), you can apply for free snow and ice removal services.
    Print and submit this application form or call 311.

Click here for more information on FREE Snow and Ice Removal in the Toronto area.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    nani likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Just for clarification, it only covers snow removal on the sidewalk in front of your house. It does not include your private walkway (entrance) or driveway. If you have anyone living in the home under 65, without a disability, they are required to clear the sidewalk. Very misleading on the city's part, because it makes people believe that they do not need to help a elderly or disabled neighbour, because they can get their own walkway shovelled for free.
    I have a relative in Toronto that applied for this service, not understanding the fine print. When the city discovered that my sister-in-law was only 64 (her husband is 70 and very ill), they sent them a bill for the snow removal service!
    Angela273, hcao, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    Just for clarification, it only covers snow removal on the sidewalk in front of your house. It does not include your private walkway (entrance) or driveway. If you have anyone living in the home under 65, without a disability, they are required to clear the sidewalk. Very misleading on the city's part, because it makes people believe that they do not need to help a elderly or disabled neighbour, because they can get their own walkway shovelled for free.
    I have a relative in Toronto that applied for this service, not understanding the fine print. When the city discovered that my sister-in-law was only 64 (her husband is 70 and very ill), they sent them a bill for the snow removal service!
    Thanks olivercat for the info!
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

what I should have included in my post was that I really want to thank saveadollardiva for posting this link. Any post that can help a disable person in any way is appreciated. I know they do not work for everyone, but if you do not post, maybe someone out there is missing this helping hand.
    So, thank you again.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by olivercat View Post
    what I should have included in my post was that I really want to thank saveadollardiva for posting this link. Any post that can help a disable person in any way is appreciated. I know they do not work for everyone, but if you do not post, maybe someone out there is missing this helping hand.
    So, thank you again.
    Thanks olivercat! But, there is no need to thank me. I agree with you, if a post can help anyone, even if it is just one person, then, posting it makes a world of difference. I hope all my post help at least one person.
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

My dad was signed up for this but they NEVER did it.. Hoping others have a better experience.. Thanks OP
    Angela273 and saveadollardiva like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Snow Angel program in Hamilton, ON had more requests for shovellers than there were volunteers available to shovel snow last year (and that was the year of the snow dump/ice storm).

Really, it comes down to knowing your neighbours and figuring out if you can offer some help with driveway or walkway clearing. There is a point of knowing how much to do and determining if someone is taking advantage (there are all kinds of people in the neighbourhood).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information