• 1 Post By salady
  • 1 Post By Purdee
  • 1 Post By Tommycoupons
  • 2 Post By CrazyQT

Thread: Ups!!!! Argh!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ughh UPS is a scam! $3.74 Duty $3.30 GST $30.20 Brokerage Fee $1.51 Brokerage GST on a item valued at $62.25
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm not sure, but I don't think it's the carrier that is the problem - don't they all have guidelines that need to be followed for items ordered into Canada?
    terry2144 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ya their own guidelines. I usually get things sent via USPS or DHL and they don't charge insane fees like this. The brokerage fee is from the carrier UPS

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

It's not just UPS. Any courier would have to charge you import fees unless you pay Express Plus, or Ebay's Global Shipping Program etc.
    terry2144 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

unless everyone jacked up their fees recently I have never been gouged like this. USPS/Canada Post charged me $5 fee once not $30. Greedy UPS will never get my business again
    terry2144 likes this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Yep, daylight robbery. This is why I avoid ordering from places that use UPS, DHL, FedEx and other courier services. Stick to the ones that use USPS/Canada Post when you can.
    Tommycoupons likes this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have heard of other stories like this. Perhaps it depends on the item.http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cybe...line-1.2852813

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

I bought 1 hoodie from china and it was shipped by DHL as per the seller (I had no choice). I was charged with all the same fees and it came out to be about doubling the actual cost of the hoodie. Craziness!! So I avoid DHL at all cost. Thanks for the heads up on UPS. Will be adding them to my blacklist.
    Tommycoupons likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by terry2144 View Post
    I have heard of other stories like this. Perhaps it depends on the item.http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cybe...line-1.2852813
    It was a part for my car. I don't really care about the $7 in duty and GST, but $30 plus GST "brokerage" fee which is in essence the charge to pay the $7 for me ahead of time is insane and should be criminal! Basically I got charged 87,600% interest as they "lent" the money for one day!
    terry2144 likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wow that's crazy. I'd be pretty upset too. Sorry this happened to you.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My husband orders a lot from the states and has never been charged those crazy fees..I'll tell him about it in case this is a new charge..thanks. Also, my daughter once ordered some clothes on line and didn't tell us about it, when the package came they wanted almost $100 for duty, ups fees etc..I was ripping, the driver says this happens a lot when kids order things!! when I told her she owed me an extra $100, she said on the site it said ,"free shipping to Canada"!!! We always told them if they want to order anything to check with us first..live and learn!! ( She was 20 at the time)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

This is exactly why if I ever order from the USA I always have it sent to the closest USA UPS store to the Canadian border and go across and pick it up myself. This is only beneficial if you live close to a USA/CANADA border, which I do.
    Tommycoupons and terry2144 like this.

Thread Information