User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Changes Coming to Personalized SDM Coupons - not confirmed

Trading Score
    119 (100%)

Today I was doing some shopping at my local SDM with my personalized coupons. My cashier today apologized for the delay when scanning my Optimum card (it took more than the usual few seconds) and explained that Optimum "team" was doing some work on the Optimum program. She said in the future you will no longer need to print the coupon out! The cashier said they would be electronic and automatically placed on your Optimum card. Thought I would share this with the SC group, keeping in mind this is not official or even confirmed in any sense but it certainly sounds like a PC Plus program! Stay tuned folks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by a2lloyd; Wed, Feb 18th, 2015 at 08:32 PM.
    strew, hcao, dizzyb and 23 others like this.
    Dropbox Referral Link Here

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I was told this a few months ago. Good news is no more forgetting my prints on the desk (happened to me today and at least once each week) bad news they have complete control over x# of uses multiples etc.
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Wed, Feb 18th, 2015 at 06:51 PM.
    jsmile, macw1960, ticul and 5 others like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That would be wonderful!

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

that would be awesome! our printer doesnt work anymore..
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the info! Looking forward for this to happen
    macw1960 and ticul like this.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.... what more can I say........

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Can be a good thing or a bad thing. What if the person who puts everything in the system doesn't let us use departmental bonus points coupons on a bonus points flyer promo day (for example, we can use "8000 bp wus $30 on food &snack" on a 20x flyer promo day these days but what if they dont allow to let us do this anymore in the future?)
    that will be horrible.
    jsmile, macw1960, peachies and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    Can be a good thing or a bad thing. What if the person who puts everything in the system doesn't let us use departmental bonus points coupons on a bonus points flyer promo day (for example, we can use "8000 bp wus $30 on food &snack" on a 20x flyer promo day these days but what if they dont allow to let us do this anymore in the future?)
    that will be horrible.
    What if it automatically does. Fingers crossed it all works out better for us in the end. We can hope.
    uanoor, macw1960, sdddmd and 3 others like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

There will be no more having to convince anyone one of anytjing AND best part i will be able to use manufacturer coupons everytime . I have been allowed in the past but nlt willingly
    Season 40 Winners At War

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that will be horrible.
    I think it may already be happening. I had 9500 pts removed from my account yesterday. The only explanation I can come up with is that I used the 8000 bp coupon and a 1500 vib coupon on a 20x day a couple weeks ago It was a campaign adjustment -9500. I figure they checked out my account and removed the double dipping of points. Anyone else have points removed this week?
    macw1960, ticul, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post
    I think it may already be happening. I had 9500 pts removed from my account yesterday. The only explanation I can come up with is that I used the 8000 bp coupon and a 1500 vib coupon on a 20x day a couple weeks ago It was a campaign adjustment -9500. I figure they checked out my account and removed the double dipping of points. Anyone else have points removed this week?
    Noooooooooo
    macw1960, ticul and terry2144 like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I heard you will be allowed to choose between printing them off and also electronically. This is just in case someone doesn't have a smart phone or someone doesn't have a printer. So...hopefully this is a win-win.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nalaric View Post

ok i have to say that you have to call and ask them why did they take back these points. You didn't do anything wrong. You used a product bonus points coupon (1500 pts), a department bonus points coupon (8000 pts) on a transaction bonus pts (20x wus $50.00) day. I know their coupons say "not to be used in conjunction with any other POINTS offer) but that's complete nonsense.
    There are different categories in their system (as their receipt tells us), these categories are:
    base points,
    Product bonus pts,
    Department bonus pts,
    Transaction bonus pts etc.

If we go by their words (rules) that any points offers can't be used with any other pts offer then they shouldn't even offer 20x/15x/10x on different products during their 20x wus $50.00 days. They shouldn't offer "5000 pts wus $50.00 on lise watier makeup" during any transaction bonus pts day, or they shouldn't offer 8000 pts on vichy serum, or 15x on any Fekkai hair care, or 20x on any QUO make up brush sets etc on any transaction bonus points day(20x wus $50.00 OR 18500 wus $75.00). That's a complete contradiction of their own pts promo/coupons rules.

Whoever made the coupons, pts system was a very wise person and knew their process very well but whoever made their optimum pts rules and coupons rules was not so smart. He/she came up with generic rules and just copied/pasted it on every coupon and promotion.

one example of their not being so wise and smart with their coupon rules is their new line in food and snack coupon. "8000pts wus $30.00 on food and snack" says "offer applies to one product only". WTH? Do they even carry a $30.00 milk jug or $30.00 cereal box or $30.00 eggs carton? I feel like lol-ing on their faces in front of their head office.
    Last edited by amira84; Wed, Feb 18th, 2015 at 10:18 PM.
    macw1960, walkonby, sdddmd and 4 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ok i have to say that you have to call and ask them why did they take back these points. You didn't do anything wrong.
    scared to call.... blurry lines. Not sure I want to know. Easy come (sometimes). Easy go?
    macw1960, ticul and terry2144 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can confirm that the changes are happening because my store is the first test market and it starts at the end of this month.
    They know me there so it was explained how it was going work. Every week we have to go on their website and enter our optimum points card number to load the offers.
    I made 4 very small transactions and got 4 surveys today.
    I can already see some problems because of the snack/candy and snack/food coupons sometimes get rejected. I wouldn't know otherwise. This will eliminate long lines, fraud and abuse towards staff ( I'm surprised that the store doesn't call the police from what they have told me). A plus for me would be getting the SDM promotions that I never get when I use my personalized coupons.
    I just noticed on my receipts it says Digital Coupon Not Available - 9001 below all the points information.
    Last edited by sirandrewr; Thu, Feb 19th, 2015 at 01:27 AM.
    uanoor, macw1960, ticul and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sirandrewr View Post
    I can confirm that the changes are happening because my store is the first test market and it starts at the end of this month.
    They know me there so it was explained how it was going work. Every week we have to go on their website and enter our optimum points card number to load the offers.
    I made 4 very small transactions and got 4 surveys today.
    I can already see some problems because of the snack/candy and snack/food coupons sometimes get rejected. I wouldn't know otherwise. This will eliminate long lines, fraud and abuse towards staff ( I'm surprised that the store doesn't call the police from what they have told me). A plus for me would be getting the SDM promotions that I never get when I use my personalized coupons.
    I just noticed on my receipts it says Digital Coupon Not Available - 9001 below all the points information.
    Oh boy this is gonna be a headache till we figure it all out.
    macw1960, ticul, amira84 and 1 others like this.
    Season 40 Winners At War

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information