• 3 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 2 Post By seylz_gurl
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By saveadollardiva
  • 2 Post By amira84

Thread: Funny Rant

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I've been awake a total of 12 hours in the past 72 hours. Needless to say, now I"m AWAKE!! A friend and I decided to shop at SDM around 1AM to take advantage of 20x the points and a few good deals.. The cashier was new so suggested he'd just subtract the total of the coupon from the price..which means I wouldn't get my points... I walked him through entering the manufacturers coupons so the F1 shows on the receipt. I asked for subtotal pretax before entering coupons.. he is nervous and thinks I won't get the points.

He rips out the receipt and points out excitedly that I got the points. yaY for both of us.

I come home, go to scan my receipt for snapbygroupon to get the $36 for 6 x Pledge.. the top of my receipt is missing, so no store name and 4 items are missing. I call the store no answer..

I bag up my purchases drive back to the store, a totally different new cashier lol.. anyways between us , we figure out how to print me a duplicate .. YaY

I come home.. get my stuff inside.. amid 2 barking dogs, its now 4am.. and NO purse..

Yep had to go all the way back to the store to get my purse.. .. on the plus side, my total order came to 29.33 , I earned 12,500 points and $36 on snapsaves.

I'm also now on friendly terms with the security guard lolll
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Ciel, walkonby, DianneS and 12 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wow Millie! Nice shop and way to show'em how it's done. Sounds like you were able to keep a sense of humour through all of this!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by terry2144 View Post
    Wow Millie! Nice shop and way to show'em how it's done. Sounds like you were able to keep a sense of humour through all of this!
    Thanks Terry.. I've found life is much easier if I laugh at it.. I can't always do it but I try.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was laughing along till I read about you leaving your purse there! So glad you got it back. Nice when a shopping plan comes together, well sort of. ha ha
    abbasgirl, Ciel, MillieH and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good job! That sounds like it would have been frustrating.
    Being gracious goes a long ways.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    I've been awake a total of 12 hours in the past 72 hours. Needless to say, now I"m AWAKE!! A friend and I decided to shop at SDM around 1AM to take advantage of 20x the points and a few good deals.. The cashier was new so suggested he'd just subtract the total of the coupon from the price..which means I wouldn't get my points... I walked him through entering the manufacturers coupons so the F1 shows on the receipt. I asked for subtotal pretax before entering coupons.. he is nervous and thinks I won't get the points.

He rips out the receipt and points out excitedly that I got the points. yaY for both of us.

I come home, go to scan my receipt for snapbygroupon to get the $36 for 6 x Pledge.. the top of my receipt is missing, so no store name and 4 items are missing. I call the store no answer..

I bag up my purchases drive back to the store, a totally different new cashier lol.. anyways between us , we figure out how to print me a duplicate .. YaY

I come home.. get my stuff inside.. amid 2 barking dogs, its now 4am.. and NO purse..

Yep had to go all the way back to the store to get my purse.. .. on the plus side, my total order came to 29.33 , I earned 12,500 points and $36 on snapsaves.

I'm also now on friendly terms with the security guard lolll
    wow, what an adventure!
    training a cashier
    purse found
    made a new friend-- security guard

thanks for the funny rant
    MillieH, torontogal12 and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh Millie, that was one of the times if you didn't laugh you'd cry. glad it all worked out for you!
    MillieH and saveadollardiva like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Funny rant thanks for sharing! Glad everything worked out in the end LOL
    MillieH likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Awesome points and great job!
    MillieH likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That was really a fun rant/brag. Glad you found your purse and everything worked out in your favour.

Oh and that reminded of our very funny experience.

once we (my husband and I) were going to RCSS for grocery shopping. Half way to the store I remembered that I forgot mastercard at home. We drove back home, he was not very happy and pleasant about me forgetting the card, he went in the house, put the card in his jeans, went to the washroom for pee, decided to wear shorts instead of jeans and we went to rcss. At the store he remembered that he put the card in his jeans and he changed his jeans. Lol.

Let's just say that, after that, he had to hear all those lovely things he said to me on our first trip back home.
    Last edited by amira84; Tue, Feb 24th, 2015 at 01:24 AM.
    francine1985 and beckie.c like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Millie. you are definitely a "glass half full" kind of person! Love your positive attitude
    So many coupons....so little time!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ohhh so nice
    realy thanks for nice shairing for funny..

Thread Information