• 1 Post By AddyB
  • 1 Post By greeny
  • 1 Post By anisa
  • 1 Post By alicehagans

Thread: I need a hair straightener I can take to Europe

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a Chi straightener but it doesn't allow for an adaptor. I need to buy a fairly cheap (but good) hair straightener I can take to the U.K. with me. I have seen some that say "dual voltage". Do those work in the U.K. and would I still need to purchase an adaptor? Thanks in advance !
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Yes, dual voltage will work in the uk so you would need a plug adapter. I was just at home in July and I ended up buying a straigthener there for under 20 quid. It was worth it for me for the number of times I go home. You can even get them for 15 quid.
    greeny likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Just buy one when you get there. The UK will have good selection. I find with small electronics it is better to buy something that is made for the 220 market, rather than buying a dual voltage one in Canada to take on your trip. My dual voltage hairdryer works beautifully in Canada, overseas on the 220 setting, it sucks.
    There is even a small Boots store in Heathrow you can check if you want

Dont forget to check out all the cult British beauty items we dont get in Canada. Im envious, I have a small list for the next time I am able to get my hands on UK stuff. Please let us know if you buy any nice beauty goodies there! Enjoy your trip
    Last edited by anisa; Fri, Apr 17th, 2015 at 10:20 AM.
    greeny and Midnightly like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

^ Conair dual voltage travel dryer that folds in half and has a retractable cord.
    I was using it in Asia. I just wasn't getting the power I normally get, and I made certain to follow the directions when switching from 110 to 220.

I had a lot of bad hair days
    greeny likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    ^ Conair dual voltage travel dryer that folds in half and has a retractable cord.
    I was using it in Asia. I just wasn't getting the power I normally get, and I made certain to follow the directions when switching from 110 to 220.
    I had a lot of bad hair days
    So sorry to hear you had so many bad hair days Anisa. Are you thinking of getting it exchanged for another one?
    greeny likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Just buy one when you get there. The UK will have good selection. I find with small electronics it is better to buy something that is made for the 220 market, rather than buying a dual voltage one in Canada to take on your trip. My dual voltage hairdryer works beautifully in Canada, overseas on the 220 setting, it sucks.
    There is even a small Boots store in Heathrow you can check if you want

Dont forget to check out all the cult British beauty items we dont get in Canada. Im envious, I have a small list for the next time I am able to get my hands on UK stuff. Please let us know if you buy any nice beauty goodies there! Enjoy your trip

I just ended up using my cousin's hair straightener and saved some money lol. I did go to Boots but didn't see any beauty products we don't already have here...I guess I should have looked harder. Thanks I really enjoyed my trip and can't wait to go back !
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

My hubby is traveling soon and I am getting him to pick up some Dove UK body lotion, because we don't have dove lotion here and there is this amaaaazing one that I cannot fnd exact dupes to.

So excited lol
    greeny likes this.
    R

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I’d recommend Karmin

Name:  karmin-flat-iron-white-g3pro-wh.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  33.0 KB
    greeny likes this.

Thread Information