User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Stockpile Fire Hazard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

This seriously happened!!!!

A shampoo bottle slid in my stockpile and knocked over a glade Hawaiian breeze aerosol to the floor.

It literally bounced and sparked a flash of a flame in the air!!

It then started to make a sizzling sound. I seriously thought it was going to explode in fire!!! The bottom of the product was burnt black!

I kept my fire extinguisher close by and called the 1-800 emergency line. I was told to not touch it and call back customer service in the AM to find out what danger I was in. Hell no was I leaving this ticking time bomb in my apartment overnight. I used oven mitts to transport it and buried in deep in the snow

#FML

I moved all my aerosols (hairsprays, air wicks, glades etc.) to the bottom shelf of my stockpile! I don't want to risk any falling when I'm not home!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ericaraina View Post

A shampoo bottle slid in my stockpile and knocked over a glade Hawaiian breeze aerosol to the floor.

It then started to make a sizzling sound. I seriously thought it was going to explode in fire!!! The bottom of the product was burnt black!

I kept my fire extinguisher close by and called the 1-800 emergency line. I was told to not touch it and call back customer service in the AM to find out what danger I was in. Hell no was I leaving this ticking time bomb in my apartment overnight. I used oven mitts to transport it and buried in deep in the snow

#FML

I moved all my aerosols (hairsprays, air wicks, glades etc.) to the bottom shelf of my stockpile! I don't want to risk any falling when I'm not home!!
    Thank god your ok and nothing happened! God when did stock piles become dangerous?
    Ciel, ticul, terry2144 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Holy S%^&balls...Glad it wasn't worse. Should that have happened? I know they are flammable but come on.
    Ciel, annedougherty, ticul and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

WOW! Talk about Final Destination that's just crazy. Glad your okay
    Ciel, walkonby, r0c0upons and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow that is scary! Now I know why there was such a HV offer on snap with them lol. Just wondering but is the area where you stockpile is close to a heater ect. something that could make any area more warmer then normal? Because I was reading a news story where someone's house burned down because of a aerosol near a cloths dryer. Good thing you caught it in time!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

thanks for posting this warning to all of us. We really do NOT know that much about these " smellies " after all. Glad you were not injured!!
    Ciel, Shwa Girl, ticul and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Oh my...thanks for sharing your story - what a warning to us all!
    I just took out some boxes and will be putting air refreshers in them (and other aerosols), at least they will be in a contained space and won't be knocking anything over.

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

The aerosols were about 4ft from the ground on a bookshelf. It landed/bounced on a wood floor.

The only electrical thing near it is a humidifier but it is several feet away. The aerosols really weren't on my shelf for too long. I got them from the snapsaves deal. 2 bottles fell and only 1 sparked.

I was told there is an ingredient inside that contains alcohol. I find that strange because it doesn't say that the product is flammable like the hairsprays do. It just says it can explode with pressure.

I boxed up those glades and will be giving them away immediately!! I want to keep my hairsprays though so those are now in drawers and on my bottom shelves. Don't want to risk my cat touching them though so I may go pick up some new steralites at walmart this weekend.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ericaraina View Post

#FML

I can't believe something like that could happen.
    Ciel, walkonby, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wowsers, that's crazy.

That's our fave stink blaster, too - it's the only one we use!
    Ciel, ericaraina, ticul and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Frightening. Glad you got it out of there.
    Ciel, ericaraina, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Crazy! So glad I wandered past this thread! I never would have thought either. And really?? Their recommendation til they got back to you is ridiculous! I am glad you got it and all others out where it cant ignite anything else. So lucky and thankful something worse didnt happen. So do you expect any sort of response from them?
    Opening a fee-free Tangerine account using my Orange key: 43034602S1 You will receive a $50 bonus from Tangerine. Get another $25 bonus when opening a Savings account and making automatic deposits for 6 months AND get another $25 from me! PM me for details.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Glad you're okay!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's scary! Glad your okay!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

OMG, Thank God you are ok. It is the first time I read something like this. I have a tiny stockpile so, only 4 bottle of febreeze and they are in a safe place too. Ericaraina, thank you so, so, much for sharing your story with all of us. What a eye openner....................
    Last edited by ticul; Tue, Feb 24th, 2015 at 09:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information