User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Fees going up at TD CT - March 2

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

If you bank with TD Canada Trust, their fees & minimum deposits are going up March 2

example: chequing account with a $1000 minimum balance, will be $1500 to 2000 minimum balance

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/docume...6-20150115.pdf

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/produc...ounts/fees.jsp
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Also in the links, if some of your accounts gave free cheques or pass book updating, please read to make sure that is still happening. Some of the TD CT accounts are not giving the cheques free and some make you print your transactions online.

Also, getting a single cheque from the teller, may/may not be possible any more

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ya Scotiabank did the same thing with minimum balances in Jan.. Greedy Banks!

Actually Scotiabank cheap chequing account comparable to the TD one the min went from $1000 to $1500
    looks like TD went from $1500 to $2000.

Wow TD sucks!
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Mon, Feb 23rd, 2015 at 03:30 PM.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

They make billions in profits each year..mostly from Investment banking & Mortgages & bonds & stocks & Mutual funds..but they can't stop nickle & diming ordinary folks with these chequing account & savings accounts fees.

In the grand scheme of things this is a very insignificant part of their profits, but they want those also & want to increase them.

The billions is not enough for them..that they even want to increase these charges & limits for evry day mom & pops
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Ya Scotiabank did the same thing with minimum balances in Jan.. Greedy Banks!

Actually Scotiabank cheap chequing account comparable to the TD one the min went from $1000 to $1500
    looks like TD went from $1500 to $2000.

Wow TD sucks!
    Someone was saying that two groups would be most affected -- seniors and those in rural areas.

Seniors may be loyal to their bank for decades and moving to a new bank may be a lot of work and effort.

In rural areas, if you need to go into your bank for any reason, you may only have a choice between TD CT and one other. If the second bank offers the same service, many may stay with TD CT rather than move.

The online banks are an option for some - PC Financial, Tangerine (formerly ING) and others.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Luckily I have a Grand Fathered plan from BMO , unlimited transactions ..for only $ 1,000 min. balance. Its in the contract & they can't change it.

This plan has been discontinued for past 10 yrs..LOL..no NEW customer's can get it & only old ones who are already on it can keep it As is. But if you make one slight change here & there & this plan will be gone forever..I won't get it back. They want me to make that mistake..ha ha.

They try to get people off this plan by offering them other plans, but I am not budging.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Luckily I have a Grand Fathered plan from BMO , unlimited transactions ..for only $ 1,000 min. balance. Its in the contract & they can't change it.

This plan has been discontinued for past 10 yrs..LOL..no NEW customer's can get it & only old ones who are already on it can keep it As is. But if you make one slight change here & there & this plan will be gone forever..I won't get it back. They want me to make that mistake..ha ha.

They try to get people off this plan by offering them other plans, but I am not budging.
    Glad you got a good deal.

Reason why I started this thread is that people should NOT let a bank take their money.
    THERE ARE OPTIONS.
    Don't be loyal to just one bank, or else they can do as they please.
    Find the best banks with the best deals for your hard earned money.

Take that TD CT!
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

If you are planning to tranfer your RRSP from TD to another bank, after March 2, there will be a transfer fee.
    Check to see if there is a fee going on now, before transferring. If there is a fee, you can always ask the new bank if they will cover the fee to get your business.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just started a new thread on a new bank. You might want to look it over
    Robert Ganzhorn, Mortgage Agent, FSCO#11129
    Dominion Lending Centres - YBM Group
    [email protected]
    Join my mortgage group on smartcanucks
    Each office independently owned and operated

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    If you bank with TD Canada Trust, their fees & minimum deposits are going up March 2

example: chequing account with a $1000 minimum balance, will be $1500 to 2000 minimum balance

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/docume...6-20150115.pdf

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/produc...ounts/fees.jsp
    just go to pcfinancial everything is free! no minimum!
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You know I think it is ridiculous that we have to pay them to have them keep our money when they are clearly getting benefit from our money for lenting it out. That is why I refuse to give my money to banks who charges a fee to keep my money.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    GET $5 OFF Herbal and Nutritional Items Coupon Code: XIF785 http://www.iherb.com Low shipping charges to Canada Save about 30-40% Off retail prices. 14,000+Brand-Name Herbal & Nutritional Items Pay No TAX on items!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What I'm concerned about is next year with the federal government going to direct deposit cheques. When one gets a paper cheque from the Gov't, it can be cashed without a fee. Now if you don't have a bank plan to cover a set amount of withdrawals (counter or ATM), it's a fee to access the money that is in the account>less money to have.

Wonder if the free cashing thing is about the jump the shark now. I have not heard of the free cashing of a direct deposit payment from the gov't, just know there is a bank charge involved.
    @tjthemanto -family member has an RBC account that was discontinued years ago that had no fees. He's not budging yet.
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw the fee increase from TD and let them know how disappointed I was. I don't like paying unnecessary bank fees and I told them. They agreed to go back to the old fee schedule for my account after I voiced my concern. I encourage everyone to visit their local branch to have a discussion about bank fees, they are unnecessary most of the time and can add up fast, but TD is usually pretty reasonable at waiving them if you say something
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    http://www.ourbigfatwallet.com - Saving, Investing & Frugal Living

Free Groceries! Use the referral code CRCAL-WESJAD at Spud.ca to get $20 off your first grocery order of $50 or more (a 40% savings)

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in Canada View Post
    I saw the fee increase from TD and let them know how disappointed I was. I don't like paying unnecessary bank fees and I told them. They agreed to go back to the old fee schedule for my account after I voiced my concern. I encourage everyone to visit their local branch to have a discussion about bank fees, they are unnecessary most of the time and can add up fast, but TD is usually pretty reasonable at waiving them if you say something
    awesome
    good idea to let voices heard
    they probably got much negative press too

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Freestuffrighthere View Post
    just go to pcfinancial everything is free! no minimum!
    Tangerine Bank is another option too. Plus a few smaller banks I think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information