• 2 Post By SavvyLady
  • 2 Post By Shwa Girl
  • 1 Post By ticul
  • 1 Post By super807

Thread: why am I such an Idiot!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ughhh... I am such an idiot! Dh and I are going on a Celebrity Cruise on March 29 flying right out of London Direct to Florida...which is why we booked this cruise. Dh has been telling everyone his favourite part is flying right from London, no going to Toronto or Detroit. So today I get a call from Celebrity saying that they have oversold the flight portion of our trip and could we please help them out. So they offer free transportation from our house to Hamilton, free overnight accomodations in Hamilton, dinner voucher for a nice dinner, $500 shipboard credit, an upgraded room from our current balcony room to a concierge balcony room and a limousine ride home from Hamilton at end of cruise.

So I say, i have to call DH to make sure he is okay with this as he is excited about flying from London and will get right back to them. Dh is onboard, I am dreaming of massages, cabana rentals, free shore excursions ( we already have drink package and tips included). So less then 10 minutes later I call back and sorry we have found you 2 seats on the plane, offer no longer available.

ughhh so bummed, Cant believe I am such an idiot!.

Okay rant over... still lucky to be going and dh isn't mad...but still bummed. We are first on waiting list if something comes up again.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    walkonby, Shwa Girl, ticul and 4 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh man!! I am crying right along with you!! How can they dangle that awesome offer under your nose, and then snatch it back?!!
    Well I guess you never really lost anything, but STILL would have been great!! Btw, you are NOT an idiot, you were being careful not to upset DH and his wishes. Points given for that, lol.
    Purdee, GoJays, ticul and 3 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh that blows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

don't be too upset. I'd have done the same thing. Enjoy your cruise!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You were being considerate...go gentle on yourself.

(There are so many scams these days; I always think it's best to step away and think about something that seems "too-good-to-be-true.")

Hope you have a fantastic vacation.
    GoJays, ticul and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Celebrity is my favourite cruise line, have fun.
    ticul and terry2144 like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I wonder if they moved on to other passengers and they took them up on the offer? Either way you are still going to have an amazing vacation!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You are still going to have a fantastic time!! I was buying concert tickets and was on my home phone with someone, she found 2 seats and I wasn't sure if they were good, she said she couldn't hold them so I called my husband from my cell phone while I still had her on the phone and I was able to get the tickets..I know this is nothing like your situation, but if something like that happens again, if you can, use another phone while keeping them on the line!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, on the positive side, you have chosen a great cruise line that tried to make their customers happy when their booking plans changed. Plus, on the way back, if there is lots of snow, those with the limo rides may not find it too pleasant. You will probably be home before them

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Awwwww, after all this, I sure wish you a wonderful trip with lots of good memories.....................................
    terry2144 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I think you are actually better off not having taken them up on the offer.

The extra day of travel before even getting to start your cruise is not really that fun. Likely by then you will be impatient to get to your cruise, and travelling by land vehicle to Hamilton, spending a night in the hotel, etc. will make it seem like it's taking you forever to get there. Plus, if you do that, you need to have more winter clothes with you to stay warm. If you fly directly from London, you don't need big warm winter jackets, just something warm enough for the plane. On your return, I think flying directly back to London will make you much happier too. Once a vacation is over and we leave our destination, many of us just want to get home. Flying to Hamilton, clearing customs there, then having to get into a car for the drive to London will be tiring for those doing it.

Dh and I like direct flights. That's why, even though we could get vacation packages for cheaper by flying from Toronto, when we go south, we opt to fly direct from Ottawa. The extra cost is worth it, compared to extra time (which means taking more vacation days), plus extra time travelling. When we lived in Northern Ontario, we didn't have the option to fly direct. Driving from Sudbury to TO was a pain. When we moved to NW Ontario and had to drive 300 km to Thunder Bay to take a flight to Toronto, overnighting in Toronto and then flying south was even more of a pain. It was our only option at that time, so worth it, but would not do again as we have direct flight options.
    terry2144 likes this.

Thread Information