User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: So Tired All The Time Lately!

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

OK, so, my work schedule recently changed. Have to work late a few days out of the week to cover someone. But, even though I am now kind of use to the schedule, I am finding that I am still always tired! I go to bed at a decent time (9:30pm) usually, yes, I am like a child I need at least 7-8 hours sleep lol. I drink coffee to help me wake up each morning, but, for some reason I am so tired by the end of the day to pretty much not want to do anything else but sleep! Yes I still cook dinner and do other things around the house that need to get done. DH helps out a lot as well. But, it's like all I want to do is sleep and or just nap lol. Even days were I am not working late I am tired!

I am just tired of being tired lol. Any ideas on how I get some more energy other then coffee lol.

Thanks for letting me rant.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by saveadollardiva; Wed, Feb 25th, 2015 at 05:25 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh hun... fighting being tired all the time is awful. Maybe it is just all this snow and cold weather getting you down... I know I have had it with brrrrrrrrr conditions. Are you eating well? A good lunch and then a snack around that 2-3 o'clock time. Are you fighting a cold or anything... maybe someone in the house has something going on and you are fighting it? For me I am constantly tired, but it is from low iron (have to be so careful to take my supplements and eat well or I quickly get out of wack). Is your iron levels within normal? Or maybe you are still adjusting to your change in schedule? Hope you are feeling more yourself soon. The clocks change early in March and the weather has to get better soon right? Take good care of yourself.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponingtosurvive View Post
    Oh hun... fighting being tired all the time is awful. Maybe it is just all this snow and cold weather getting you down... I know I have had it with brrrrrrrrr conditions. Are you eating well? A good lunch and then a snack around that 2-3 o'clock time. Are you fighting a cold or anything... maybe someone in the house has something going on and you are fighting it? For me I am constantly tired, but it is from low iron (have to be so careful to take my supplements and eat well or I quickly get out of wack). Is your iron levels within normal? Or maybe you are still adjusting to your change in schedule? Hope you are feeling more yourself soon. The clocks change early in March and the weather has to get better soon right? Take good care of yourself.
    Thanks couponingtosurvive for the well wishes! I am not fighting anything cold or anything like that. I do eat well. I am currently not taking any supplements...maybe I should give that a go and see what happens? I think your right to about the weather. Maybe I have the tired winter blues. But I will try maybe some supplements to see if that helps. I am hoping the change of time works out for me. Thanks for the advice!
    amira84, terry2144 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Make sure you are eating healthy foods - you`ll notice in a week your energy level is tenfold what it was prior to. An apple will give you more energy than a coffee

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This terrible weather doesn't help.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yeah the cold, dark, snow and freezing weather doesn't help much.

But winter is almost on its way out..spring should be here soon. Just nature & greenery all around also helps a lot in addition to warm temps

I love Spring & Summer . I think coffee helps you in the short run , but in the long run after the effect goes..you sometimes feel more tired than before, its almost like a mild drug withdrawal sympton

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks everyone for the advice! I am feeling a bit better today. Think maybe I just need to take a "timeout day" and just relax and take care of myself. Thank you all though for your concern
    terry2144 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow...can't believe you started this thread. We were just discussing this at work yesterday. All of us have no energy whatsoever. DH and I fall asleep around 7:30 - 8:00 p.m. We are in bed by 8:30. We've gained weight. Ugh....I'm really thinking it's the weather. We can't think of anything else. Hope this changes real soon with spring on the way. Hope you're feeling better Diva.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    Wow...can't believe you started this thread. We were just discussing this at work yesterday. All of us have no energy whatsoever. DH and I fall asleep around 7:30 - 8:00 p.m. We are in bed by 8:30. We've gained weight. Ugh....I'm really thinking it's the weather. We can't think of anything else. Hope this changes real soon with spring on the way. Hope you're feeling better Diva.
    Thanks toronto166. Ya I think it does have a lot to do with the weather. I can not wait for spring to get here as well. I am feeling a bit better today. But, now, I am having some stomach issues UGH I feel like my stomach is knots now. Don't know why? Hopefully drinking some tea will help it.
    toronto166, terry2144 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It could be the cold weather. Also I find if eat unhealthy I'm more tired. Eating a healthy well balance diet helps. Taking time to relax too. Peppermint tea helps my stomach. I hope you feel better soon.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

My husband was saying that this week how tired he was all the time and how even when he sleeps eight hours he is still tired. We moved from Ontario to Regina and the weather is totally different and we have more cold days than we ever had in Ontario. Plus with him he has darker skin so I find that he needs more vitamin D than me. He use to suntan in the winter time but here its too cold.
    I am pretty sure he has a mild case of seasonal affect disorder because once the weather turns nice he goes back to normal. We were told by a doctor here take lots of vitamin d, vitamin b12 and vitamin C plus a few others to combat the weather plus work out three times a week no mater how tired you are.

Feel better. Have some tea and relax in the bath tub

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think there is flu season too. Sometimes you don't get full fledged flu as your body is resisting it, so you just get some symptons of flue like body aches, feeling tired etc ..but you don't really have a fever, runny nose, cough etc.

So you are half fluish

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Try drinking more water and eating healthier foods that give you energy like Banana's, oranges, Apples, Almonds, yogurt eggs ect if you don't already do that. I find myself to be tired a lot too so I drink Emergen-C and my partner does as well. We find that it helps very much. Best wishes

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thanks everyone again for the great advice! I feel a bit better today, took a bath last night, have not taken one since I was 16 lol. It helped me relax and made me feel a bit better. Feel asleep right after.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I find Epsom salt very relaxing in your hot bath water. You get a big can/bottle kind of thing for 8 bucks..you put some everyday in the bath tub , it helps you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information