User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Okay walmart, enough, make up your mind!!!!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Thank you for the support. I was hoping in a way that more people would comment on their disappointment that maybe someone from Walmart might read this and straighten everything out. The wi-fi too is an issue, and users (DH and I too) are an issue...(lol).

Quote Originally Posted by toronto166 View Post
    Wow Oscarandme...It's unfortunate that you had to go through all of that. At the end of the day, all you really want is consistency within the store itself. Can't be one week one rule and one week another rule. Also would be nice if there was better communication within all levels in that store. Hope things work out the next time you go. Good luck!!

By the way, I'm just like you....I have to print everything out as well because sometimes the wifi doesn't work too well.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Walmart is normally pretty good but every once in a while I do have an issue; only take price matching from paper flyers, will only price match three items, won't take coupons with the price matching, and once they wouldn't give me the full value of the coupon because I would only be paying GST for the item. Now I feel bad for holding the lineup and for arguing with the cashier but I feel it's necessary. I shop for a number of group homes and shelters throughout the city and I have to make their dollar stretch as far as possible. Really annoys me when the same store will say it has multiple different policies on the exact same subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    oscarandme and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

ilovecats I understand what you mean but how many years has Walmart over-priced items too? Don't get me wrong, love WALMART and I was and still am a major fan but they have no problem over-charging when they can, and the produce here at least is not always the best and they have no problem selling it and their turnover must be astronomical because wherever, whenever we go to a Walmart they are always busy. I cannot believe that the few people who coupon or price match can even make a dent in their profits.

And they want to play the game, these are some of the rules they impose on themselves. I am not a good person to explain things but in the bigger picture, I think all those years and all those stores that they cannot give informed consumers a break if they are still shopping there, not somewhere else and still buying their products, that should be another column in their accountants spreadsheet. I cannot have pitty for Walmart losing money. They and other stores have no pitty if I or another shopper who only has so much to spend and cannot afford all of what they really need because of their prices. So many times I see before me families/people that do not seem to know or how to seek out the best deals or manage their money as I was till I met Smartcanucks.com and those savings could be going towards something more important in their lives, does a big chain store consider that when their consumers come through their doors?

I understand what you mean but...

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecats View Post
    You're lucky if you find one that does Canada wide, since Canada wide ended November 27/14 with the new Ad Match Reference Chart the stores received. Head Office definition of Local (which is the policy as per the website and flyers) is "within the city". But because they allow store managers discretion, one store manager could limit to just the city the store is in, another might state within 60km of the store, another might state all of the province the store is in. There is no out-of-province or U.S. flyer ad matches per that reference chart. I know my local store, it's basically major competitors that are ad matched - no more of the little stores, asian/chinese stores, etc.

Frankly, when they did allow Canada wide (at one time Head Office told me they were looking at the legal implications of making Canada wide policy - since they retracted the Canada wide with that new chart in November, that seems to indicate they found legal implications and therefore, stopped Canada wide), it created nightmares for some stores, including rude customers bullying cashiers and staff to get their matches (when the ad didn't match up with what they were purchasing), tying up cashiers for an hour or two, shelf clearing, etc. Going down to local or within the province has helped stopped some of that. If it went back to straight local, like it was prior to September 2013, it wouldn't bother me in the least.

Canada wide, Walmart Canada was losing money - when you're not paying the price in the store, matching flyers from another province (mainly Ontario, where prices are lower anyways because Ontario is better situated when it comes to distribution, etc.), not only would Walmart Canada not have been making a profit on the product based on what they paid for the product and what they sell it for, they were losing money as many of the matches were far below what Walmart Canada even paid for the product. Customers wouldn't see the effect, however, it does lower sales figures (yeah, it looks like they are selling more as more are in the store, however, being a lot of matches actually were so low in price, actually losing money on the matches), which then affects the store's profits...and the employees' profit sharing. My local store, they went from $1900 profit sharing.....over the course of the past year when Canada wide was happening, the amount the employees are getting at that store is still questionable - they've been told zero, now it's being hinted "may be $300".

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Yuck..that is a mess and a half..those are some hurdles we went through for a long time and somehow got sorted out, the cashiers got educated on how to do it but it might come back to that too. Yucky.. My goodness, you do this shopping for worthy causes and still getting this type of problem, that gets my blood boiling..my husband is almost chewing on our comforter listening to me read what you wrote..

Maybe speak with one manager and get a note from that manager from each store explaining who you are and what you are doing, maybe a business card from the shelters, group homes as proof. Oh what a mess, I need to go and chew on another corner of our comforter instead of using bad words or do both at the same time. You should not feel guilty about holding-up the lines and they are a mess and a half and clearly do not know what they are doing even at the basic level of processing coupons. I am sooooooooooooooo sorry you are going through that.. Geeze!!!!! Try to speak to someone in charge or call Head Office, although I have spoken to Head Office once and they were totally useless. And that is an understatement. I am sooo sorry for what you are going through. We have to voice good or bad, unfortunately bad seems to be the only one they hear about and the good is usualy a basic service that they should automaticaly be doing from the beginning...I am ssssooooooo sorry eevett1, I hope this gets better for you. Yuck Walmart!!

Quote Originally Posted by eevett1 View Post
    My Walmart is normally pretty good but every once in a while I do have an issue; only take price matching from paper flyers, will only price match three items, won't take coupons with the price matching, and once they wouldn't give me the full value of the coupon because I would only be paying GST for the item. Now I feel bad for holding the lineup and for arguing with the cashier but I feel it's necessary. I shop for a number of group homes and shelters throughout the city and I have to make their dollar stretch as far as possible. Really annoys me when the same store will say it has multiple different policies on the exact same subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Thanks for sharing that message. Again, just wish they would tell us CDA WIDE.THE END right?

Quote Originally Posted by brennen7 View Post
    It's crazy and obviously it's not the store making the decision because I have managers show me instore communications from Head Office about PMing. This is a recent answer I got to when I asked a Walmart out of town that I was passing in my way down for a doc. appt. and I was planing on PMing somethings that our Walmart doesn't carry:
    Attachment 275199

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's not over pricing or over charging....it's a matter of prices have changed, but someone hasn't yet gotten to the signs to change them to the register price. Happens all the time when Head Office makes the changes and now the staff have to get their butts in gear on the floor and get those signs changed.

And few people couponing and price matching....may at one time have been few...not anymore. More and more are doing it.

I, for one, do not want to see Canada wide ad matching come back. It actually brought out the worst in people when they did allow that.

And never mind the customers who pull scams....from walking into the store, picking up something from the shelf, going to the courtesy desk and wanting a refund ("lost my receipt"); or using coupons and ad matching, then returning said product without a receipt to get full price; and I could go on and on how customers have ripped off the company through the years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information