User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Okay walmart, enough, make up your mind!!!!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Okay, I think I am pretty easy going. Well most of the time.

Although I soooooo appreciate the Price Matching idea -please-please make-up your mind already, LOCAL, PROVINCE, CANADA no QUEBEC.. WT#@%^&!!!!

I know check with customer service, I do, check the policy and keep updated with all the blogs, I do and even our local Couponers club is kind enough to do all the legwork to let us know which one does what here in Ottawa and advises check with Customer Service. We still run into, a cashier who does not know that ONTARIO is in CANADA, I swear!!! if my husband would not have been there I would have thought I had been hearing things. So after speaking with the cashier and she explains no QUEBEC, we are literally 7 minutes from Gatineau/Aylmer, doesn't matter if it is the stores on the Quebec side that are closer than the ones I am trying to price match locally...no!!! then the supervisor comes and says no but Ontario okay. Okay so we take all Quebec flyers away and all the shopping we had and then the cashier says to the print-outs it does not say ONTARIO in the title I am not price matching this..(I have the SMARTCANUCK print from one side (left) has store and date - right side has the sale page. I circle the name and write NAME, I circle the DATE and arrow to write DATE, circle the item and arrow to WHERE I write the name, weight and price and conversion if any. Simple enough?? So I start taking away no province indicated and by then my husband is about to blow a gasket and throw 10 lbs of onions against a wall. I said okay may I speak with the manager please. So the cashier calls the assistant person, she calls the manager and he says no QUEBEC. We are still at no ONTARIO indicator, cashier is moving everything to the end as if it were hers and is sighing and getting upset with us and she is arguing that some of these places are not in CANADA..I kid you not...It was a in' episode of the Twilight Zone. We wait and wait and finally the Manager a nice easy going guy smiles and says how can I help you. So after some back and forth, he let us Price Match from everywhere and he was going to look into it but still between the 3 of them, no clear answer. The assistant manager she said she had been there for 2 years and they never PM other than local but she approved some PMing last time we were there 2 weeks ago...YES the same one.. Anyways with all this we were holding-up the line, my husband and I were apologizing to everyone waiting. Only one cashier in regular line and the rest were all in the EXPRESS 1-12 items, so if you have more than 12 you don't dare go in the long line to be told...to go away, too many items..

Now this Walmart is one of the few left that does Price Match Canada Wide in our end of town. Now from the customer service desk to the managers, cashiers and assistant managers no one knows what anyone is allowing but they are all confident about their answers..that is the weirdest part. If I am encountering this I this I know I am not the only one yet no one is complaining about it or hardly??? Well I am. It is awesome that we can Price Match, I always tell people that ask, we are in our early 50s, we have paid full retail all of our lives and that includes before Dollarama and shopping across the Border shopping. When a few IGA stores, Towers and K-MART and Zellers were our only choices and I bought on credit to make ends meet. If you need a plunger you paid what it went for 5.97, not 1.00. and wages were different and times were different. We work hard for our money and finally we get a break before we die and can save on some essentials.

But you're going to send me and my husband and other customers not just couponers into anxiety attacks to see if they will approve a PM while we are trying to process your order???? And those poor cashiers, not this one she was nasty..I tried to be nice and thanked her often and am really organized and explain everything...still..she was nasty...she was a certain age and other things...YUcky!!!!

Well I don't feel better but just thought I'd share, I know someone else is feeling this. I am still shaking my head, just tell me once and for all. I will follow the rules but tell me what they are once and for all. THE END.

NOTE: Tried with TABLET, not quick enough and if DH is shpooing without me-still have to print because he is not a fan of technology.
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama, IGA, Walmart, Zellers
    Last edited by oscarandme; Fri, Feb 27th, 2015 at 04:11 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

WOW... so much confusion. I have been very lucky with my PMing at WM. I have one store that stills PM Canada Wide and they are super nice, friendly, and trusting...I have all the snapshots on my IPAD , which I show - but my the 3rd item, they just ask what the price is and dont even check!

Sorry for your fustration!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I can see it on their Facebook page too...they say local, manager say all over Canada and then WM says 'based on manager blah blah' -_-

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's crazy and obviously it's not the store making the decision because I have managers show me instore communications from Head Office about PMing. This is a recent answer I got to when I asked a Walmart out of town that I was passing in my way down for a doc. appt. and I was planing on PMing somethings that our Walmart doesn't carry:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  77.3 KB

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

WOW so frustrating I know I've been there and yes my partner was ready to throw something too I think it was 10lb potatoes though. They say yes then no then they say yes WTF!. I have learned to NEVER trust the CSm's and cashier's.

My WalMart luckily it very good for price matching now that I've had multiple conversations with the real store manager's. Head office will tell you it's up to the individual store manager which is true as the Wal-Mart closest to me won't price match Canada wide but anothet Wal-Mart not to far away will.

I would suggest speaking with the store manager and get confirmation as to what is allowed for real and write it all down. Then you should tell him to let his staff know so that you can get in and out of the store. I usually call every few months to confirm of any changes.

Sorry you had issues hopefully next time it will be easier.
    Last edited by mandy403; Sun, Mar 1st, 2015 at 01:58 PM.
    oscarandme, terry2144 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I would love to pm Canada wide but not sure it would be worth this level of frustration. Although I like saving I really don't enjoy shopping. I'm more of a planner..I know what I want and I want it to be quick. The only store I really browse in is sdm. I think I would be throwing potatoes or onions if I had to argue about the provinces. Really? We have people amongst us who are that clueless..a shame outside of pming.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow Oscarandme! Sorry for all the trouble you and your DH had. That is just inssane. I did try to price match from other place but my Wm dont. I just can price match with the stores here and we only have one WM. I still save money but not as much as some of you. I find it bad wen one store does it and not another not. They should have one policy for every WM and all of them should folow it. No more of it depend on the manager. It is you can or not, plain and simple. It is frustrading from time to time couponning and you have to be strong and not quit. Hope it will be better for you and your hobby next time. Thank you for sharing as I know lots of peoples go through this too..........................................

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Which ottawa store was this?

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Kanata one, Down the road from Sobeys on Robertson road.

Quote Originally Posted by immac2947 View Post
    Which ottawa store was this?
    saveadollardiva likes this.

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm sorry you have to go through this, I have been there too :s. It is soo confusing. The store close to my place stopped even ontario (I live in the Quebec side). The one in Ottawa close to my work place (baseline) stopped doing overage, printed coupons unless they could read every single letter (websaver printed coupons all have some little letters) and stopped Canada wide and Quebec just Ontario. It seems like now we need to keep a tab of who accepts what but that can change every week.
    oscarandme likes this.
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Oh Diane, sorry to hear of your stressful shopping trip. I too have been told local only, then Ontario and now it is back to all Canada. Don't get discouraged, sounds like the cashier was having a bad day . Glad Rob didn't take to the onions, lol. My hubby would have walked away and probably dragged me out with him, lol.
    oscarandme likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You're lucky if you find one that does Canada wide, since Canada wide ended November 27/14 with the new Ad Match Reference Chart the stores received. Head Office definition of Local (which is the policy as per the website and flyers) is "within the city". But because they allow store managers discretion, one store manager could limit to just the city the store is in, another might state within 60km of the store, another might state all of the province the store is in. There is no out-of-province or U.S. flyer ad matches per that reference chart. I know my local store, it's basically major competitors that are ad matched - no more of the little stores, asian/chinese stores, etc.

Frankly, when they did allow Canada wide (at one time Head Office told me they were looking at the legal implications of making Canada wide policy - since they retracted the Canada wide with that new chart in November, that seems to indicate they found legal implications and therefore, stopped Canada wide), it created nightmares for some stores, including rude customers bullying cashiers and staff to get their matches (when the ad didn't match up with what they were purchasing), tying up cashiers for an hour or two, shelf clearing, etc. Going down to local or within the province has helped stopped some of that. If it went back to straight local, like it was prior to September 2013, it wouldn't bother me in the least.

Canada wide, Walmart Canada was losing money - when you're not paying the price in the store, matching flyers from another province (mainly Ontario, where prices are lower anyways because Ontario is better situated when it comes to distribution, etc.), not only would Walmart Canada not have been making a profit on the product based on what they paid for the product and what they sell it for, they were losing money as many of the matches were far below what Walmart Canada even paid for the product. Customers wouldn't see the effect, however, it does lower sales figures (yeah, it looks like they are selling more as more are in the store, however, being a lot of matches actually were so low in price, actually losing money on the matches), which then affects the store's profits...and the employees' profit sharing. My local store, they went from $1900 profit sharing.....over the course of the past year when Canada wide was happening, the amount the employees are getting at that store is still questionable - they've been told zero, now it's being hinted "may be $300".
    Last edited by ilovecats; Mon, Mar 2nd, 2015 at 01:26 PM.
    oscarandme likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow Oscarandme...It's unfortunate that you had to go through all of that. At the end of the day, all you really want is consistency within the store itself. Can't be one week one rule and one week another rule. Also would be nice if there was better communication within all levels in that store. Hope things work out the next time you go. Good luck!!

By the way, I'm just like you....I have to print everything out as well because sometimes the wifi doesn't work too well.

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi Diane today I was told that baseline is only PM local and so is trainyards. I was told that there was an internal memo Friday announcing just local PM. I called my two gatineau ones and they also switched to local PM. Oh well I hope they change their minds. I really save money with the canada wide, and will miss it enormously ;(
    oscarandme likes this.
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

OOOOuhhhh!! Thank you for the update. My husband went last night on Baseline and Price Matched (TORONTO) no problem... It seems to still depend on who you get as cashier maybe? Thank you for the update...what a mess...
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information