All, just wanted to share a cell plan deal that I came across, as I couldn't find it on here anywhere using the search - the promo expires EOD tomorrow (Sat Feb 28). Zoomer Wireless (based in BC) has a double your data and minutes promo on that is no longer advertised on their site, but is still valid until the end of the month. I switched from Rogers (Was paying $74.XX per month) and I'm getting more minutes and the same amount of data for half the price.

If you have a referral code, you and the person who referred you $25 off your first bill. You need the referring person's account number and name (some have also reported being asked for location, but I wasn't). Also, there is a promo code "ZOOMCHARGER" to get a free phone charger (available for all new activations as advertised in Zoomer magazine.

Basic Details: Free phone (limited selection, I picked Samsung Galaxy Core LTE), 2 year contract, double the data and minutes shown in the plans listed on their site. They run off the Rogers network, so any Rogers phone that you currently own will work - I told them I'd be using my iphone and they're sending me a nano sim along with the new phone so I can use my iphone and sell the free one that came with my contract.

The plan I went with is $36/month and includes (after the doubling promo): 400 Canada-Wide Weekday Min, UNLIMITED Canada-wide Evenings and Weekends (starting at 6pm), 1 GB of data, UNLIMITED Text, Picture and Video Messages (Canada & International), Voicemail, Call Display, Name Display, Call Waiting & Conference Calling

The best (IMO) phone available if you don't already have one you want to keep is the Samsung S4 for $99 on a 2 year plan if you choose the $54/month plan (you must take a higher-end plan to get the S4) which includes 2 GB of data and 600 Daytime minutes.

Full plan details are on their website, I can't post links since I'm new over here, but search for zoomer wireless

You need to PHONE them to sign up, but even with hold time, my call was just under 7 min, and the rep was helpful and knowledgeable. He guided me through the entire process, asked me if I had an existing phone, what network it ran on, told me to ensure I kept it active until I receive my phone and sim from Zoomer and then explained what I needed to do to port my existing number over. Amazing. After 10+ years of Rogers being unhelpful every single time I've needed to call them, it was refreshing to not listed to someone read from a script like a robot.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions about the signup process or need the link since I'm unable to post it with my <5 post count!