User Tag List

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I thought of another goal. Find a new phone/internet provider. Every year, I say the same thing, but I think I've just had it with Bell. For 2011/2012, we had it at $55. Then it crept up to $57 in 2013, $82 in 2014, and now $100 this year for less service than we used to have in 2011. The least amount of service, the most amount of money. That's nuts. Any suggestions or recommendations on where we should move to?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I thought of another goal. Find a new phone/internet provider. Every year, I say the same thing, but I think I've just had it with Bell. For 2011/2012, we had it at $55. Then it crept up to $57 in 2013, $82 in 2014, and now $100 this year for less service than we used to have in 2011. The least amount of service, the most amount of money. That's nuts. Any suggestions or recommendations on where we should move to?
    If you haven't already I would call bell and ask to speak to someone about the rate you are paying. I called just before my surgery and was offered a renewal on my current discounts which were expiring, $10.00 off house phone & $10.00 off satellite.

Because we are rural and Rogers, etc cannot provide service I was pleased with the discount but if you are able to get other providers then I would certainly shop around and call Bell back to let them try and compete, just a suggestion, best of luck in your decision
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

March....where is the time going....wishing everyone a wonderful day & a specatacular month filled with savings, debt repayment, great food sales, etc.....AND health

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

My friend & I had dinner & drinks at the wine bar at the Longo's (yes, only in downtown Toronto can you interrupt your grocery shopping to have a glass of wine ). The SCer I was meeting up with, I hadn't met before, so it was interesting that she & her DH sat at a table beside us, wondering if I was the one she'd been chatting with online & vice versa.

The concert itself (as HTeam mentioned) was amazing! I've seen Bryan Adams at least a dozen times over the years (he's in my top 3 for best performers) and gone to literally hundreds of concerts over the years (waiting for comments about my age from the peanut gallery that I was at Bryan's first Reckless tour 30 yrs ago ). My friend & I are already counting down the days til he comes back for the next tour.

Today will be a day of rest...at least the morning will be. Off to another concert tonight (yeah, I have a life!) about the music that either influenced or was referenced in Don McClean's American Pie.

Better go make breakfast for the brats & blast some Bryan Adams. This was the song of my youth, back in my dancing days.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    So much to get done today, guess it is the price I pay for doing nothing the last 2 days. Good news is Mom is working today which means I have the house to myself and can do everything at my own pace.

What I need to do today:
    Put through the increase for work so we are ready to roll tomorrow morning
    Do laundry, we have not done a proper laundry in over 2 weeks so our basket is over flowing and insane for 2 people
    Find my Tax stuff, I left it on the coffee table before my trip and now it is gone, Step Mom will drop off with account next week so have to get it to my Dad this week
    Need to get stuff ready for lunches this week, I have not been eating properly as I have not been prepping

On that note I also found out I will be travelling again in March, I will be going to 2 if not 3 locations. Pretty sure it will be 3 locations as all 3 will have new staff. One location already has it's new member a new branch manager so I just need to figure out who is going to be there when as next week both my bros are there so no point in me being there as well as there is only so much room within the branch for all of us to set up and work. The other two applications had to be in by Friday so it will all depend on how quickly they find someone and get them in place. Thinking I will aim for a week in each location but we will see if my boss says no.

Hope everyone has a great day my over flowing basket of laundry is calling me to the basement.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

my goal this month is to spend a little less on groceries( I say that but may not I loveshopping)-I was doing great til the last few days -helped with a few extra items for my son's 30th birthday-also saved 20.00 in p.c points on his veggie tray
    -o well I am taking a bottle of club soda back 1.67 in my pocket and gonna check the price on one item from forties -might be a scop

i had a friend at my son's house comment that she wish she was more like me -saving with coupons ,talize shopping
    -tired today-my body aches from standing a lot last night -but I picked up "ashlyn" out of the blue at the partywhen I was walking around with her she gave me a lovely kiss on my cheek and I didn't even ask or it- 4 small little ones were there

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone Wow!!! First day of March. Where did Feb. go. LOL. My Mom always says Feb. is a short month and always flys by so I'd better gather my Income Tax.....I always say lots of time yet .....Yikes....I'd better giddy up and get on that Moms are right on soooo many things Plan on trying to only spend what I have to this month ( milk, bread ,eggs, vegs., fruit, etc. ) and use up items in the pantry and freezer. I do soooo well when I plan a weekly menu so will do this every Sunday. I plan on only picking up Free or near Free items this month. My magic # is 1.00 or under Well off to check my PM's so wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, everyone...gosh, this is, as far as I can recall, the first time I've seen this thread...there was one before?
    I'm not much if a goal-setter at this age, but there is one I'm very excited about: driving again! Getting my independence back!
    I got the all-clear from my physiotherapist and I think my hubby is as anxious as I am, having been my chauffeur for the past 9 months, bless his heart, lol...!

Like Thriftygranny, I'm considering sewing a few pieces for summer that don't have stripes, sparkles, foil prints, writing or pockets on my boobs!

Good luck to everyone in attaining your goals!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Sweet Sparrow: we had the same issue with our phone line from Cogeco, the cost just kept creeping up. We still have young kids and I am not ready to cut the home phone but 48.00 a month was insane. So in April of last year we went with Ooma. There is a cost to buy the device (maybe 100.00 from Costco) and now we pay 3.98 a month. We have had a few outages, but given the savings it has been worth it.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Well welcome to march indeed, hoping the good things that started happening continue for us.

goals lets see:

work at, get taxes done.
    hopefully find a job myself, in addition to ds.
    clean out freezer and organize.
    continue clean out of cupboards, while dh works on basement. (plan is IF/when we have to move it doesn't take a week )
    get a few projects going, need to get the yarn out of my cabinet before spring
    paint cabinet when spring arrives. lol.
    call around for a better deal on phone,internet,tv, way too $$$
    watching my diet/exercising would be good too. on that note
    make appt with dr. (lots to discuss)

anyway. thats enough for this month. need to do a little tidy here and there, laundry calling as always. put soup on for dinner.
    may have to see about making a quick trip to store for lunch items forgotten yesterday.
    going to see if i can post pic i was talking about yesterday. pretty sure it will be self explanatory.
    take care all. have a good one.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

Name:  smile 003.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  51.7 KBName:  smile 002.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  61.9 KB
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I taught at a Catholic school on Thursday and told them that I am expecting twins. I brought a photocopy of some of the ultrasound pictures so that I could share. When I got home from work that night dh had bought red roses for me. The card said that they were for me and the twins. I hadn't been given flowers since LO was only a few weeks old. I had told dh that I wanted flowers about a month ago, but he didn't give them to me for my birthday. I later specified that I didn't want them for Valentine's Day. We've been together over a decade, so I have learned that I sometimes need to be specific. My twin nephews were born late on Thursday in Regina, so I haven't met them yet. One baby was 7lb 3oz, the other was 6lb 5oz. Everyone seems to be doing just fine.

We picked up a KFC meal yesterday for supper. We will likely be eating it for lunch. Later today I plan on doing some meal prep. I'm teaching the next three days and have things I need to do after work on Tuesday and Wednesday. I'll make chili and rice later today. I'll also boil potatoes and get a shepherd's pie ready to wait in the fridge, I'll bake it in the oven another day. This will also ensure leftovers for my lunches.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Lovely Tribute to the little one you lost Mrs. Sunshine.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hello, everyone...gosh, this is, as far as I can recall, the first time I've seen this thread...there was one before?
    I'm not much if a goal-setter at this age, but there is one I'm very excited about: driving again! Getting my independence back!
    I got the all-clear from my physiotherapist and I think my hubby is as anxious as I am, having been my chauffeur for the past 9 months, bless his heart, lol...!

Like Thriftygranny, I'm considering sewing a few pieces for summer that don't have stripes, sparkles, foil prints, writing or pockets on my boobs!

Good luck to everyone in attaining your goals!

Thanks for joining us again Lynn49 the thread has been going since for 2 or 3 years I should look it up

Getting back your independence will be wonderful and definitely achievable - good luck

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Mrs. S. beautiful job on your memorial for your precious angel

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information