User Tag List

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@lizzie bargain enjoy your last night in Hawaii
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Laundry is a slow go but I just got at it again. Hung a comforter to dry since it was a spare and remembered DS's good one is in his closet. So making his bed in 5 mins and then put another load of towels and the bath mat! I can do this! Lol

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Day 4 of not spending a single cent.

First challenge was wanting to meet up with a friend for lunch. So we did a potluck at my house - using food already in the fridge.

Second challenge was having to walk through the mall tonight to get to my bus stop. Didn't go into a single store!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydoodle View Post
    Day 4 of not spending a single cent. First challenge was wanting to meet up with a friend for lunch. So we did a potluck at my house - using food already in the fridge. Second challenge was having to walk through the mall tonight to get to my bus stop. Didn't go into a single store!
    You are doing great with your lifestyles changes, great job....home cooking is so much tastier the next day anyways

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks so much for all the kind comments and support, you guys rock! No news from the doctor today hopefully she will call tomorrow.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well wanted to get to target before it closes -in a few more days next week think but may not be able too(if I don't I will be saving money )
    -son needs me to babysit today at noon -because he is driving to Toronto to see a raptors game he got tickets for his birthday
    I am trying to utilize checkout51 this week to get more money and use my coupons -so may stop into freshco by his house
    -sat my older brother need to grocery shop so I will take him-then hubby and i have plans in the afternoon

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Taking my wonderful man out to a fancy dinner for his birthday. He always cooks special meals for me and I would cook him a nice dinner but he always takes over and I don't want him cooking for his birthday (and I've been wanting to get dressed up and go to this place for awhile so win win ) We love to cook at home together and are usually disappointed when we go out so I hope this place is as good as everyone says! And we deserve a treat now and again. (Considering my kids had a good night last night, one went to the Leaf's game and the other hung out in his friends hot tub!)

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Quincy cat was a perfect gentleman yesterday, entertaining the troops as they were having a stressful day at my friend's office. All went well, except we had to leave in a hurry. A new employee who hadn't met the boy before started having problems breathing. It appears she's allergic to rotten boys, er, cats. I felt sooo bad. On the plus side, one gal who was having a horrible day (really nasty dealings with customers) brightened as soon as she saw Quincy, so he did his good deed. I just have to remember to check when that poor gal with the allergies is working and avoid visits on those days.

I'm on the road to recovery. It's weird, tho - I'm fine all day long, as soon as the sun goes down, I start coughing and can't seem to stop to the point I have tears streaming down my cheeks.

Better go attempt to clean my kitchen, I've ignored my list of chores for far too long. Have plans to meet up with a friend for dinner, so have to rest up before then. My plans for the day involve a little housework and a lot of naps.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Andit enjoy your dinner out with your your friend. And it's normally for things to get worse when night comes, hope you feel better soon
    @thriftygranny hope you got some word from the doctor
    @Frugalbigmama enjoy your dh's birthday celebrations

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Day 5 of my spending diet: $0 spent. Yay!

Of course, now it's the weekend and all hell will break loose right? Need to get groceries, kiddo has a bday party to go to, etc.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Made it through one week of intern training and online course. 10 more to go. I am doing NOTHING tonight. My life has been, work, evening routine (dinner, bedtime etc. with family), online course for about 2 hours, sleep. I am not doing any of my home routines tonight. TV and RELAX.

Looking for suggestions: daughter has been complaining of sore hands and has thrown some tantrums at school (JK). I think it is because her mitts are wet so the cold/wet hand feeling is the "sore." We are putting extra in her bag so she has dry ones. Anyone see the good winter (more waterproof) mitts on sale anywhere? It may be too late, but no harm in trying!
    Last edited by Granger; Fri, Mar 27th, 2015 at 08:44 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

HI again... remember me.. LOL

well finally finished my week.. today was the hardest and most eye opening and very emotional..
    worth it in the end..
    im truly looking forward to whats next...

so far this week has been a no spend week, no time.. tomorrow that may change. barely had time to look at flyers that came in last night.

this week we'll be busy and short. a few things planned.
    sadly my crocheting was put on hold. without pictures and youtube really still lost.

Happy that Easter is just around the corner. def. need the family time.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Had a blast with my friend last night. We started talking about some adventures we'd had in the past and broke into laughter. It got to the point that the manager of the Wendy's (yep, we're big spenders ) came over to check on us. It was something we both needed, although I'm sure the young'uns around us probably thought we were just crazy old people (and we're not even 50 yet!).

I have a fun day of theatre ahead of me. It's always a fun challenge getting the matinee crowd to their seats without someone getting cranky. Usually, they are the ones raving about us after the show.

Off to check on my sleepyheads. Lily dog is annoyed with me - now that her antibiotics are consumed, she keeps insisting she wants another pill....just so she can have extra cookies! And if she gets cookies, Quincy wants some too.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning, everyone, and Happy Caturday!

House smells amazing already, just finished baking two big pans of meatballs.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some other things done around here before I succumb to a nap - I was up before 3.

Enjoy the day!

(not mine)

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Morning All

Finally got the fridge cleaned yesterday. Took twice as long as it should have because I let it go too long. I don`t know how a broken egg got on the bottom under the crisper.
    This morning I`ve had breakfast and cleaned the microwave...let that go too long too...and the outside of the fridge and dishwasher. Next on the list is the stove, putting away yarn, dusting, sweeping and scrubbing floors. Hoping hubby will vacuum. We`re having friends in tomorrow for supper and to watch wresltemania...our yearly treat.

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread Information