User Tag List

Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

(((hugs))) Nancy. im sure they didnt' mean any harm. boys can be boys. sometimes they don't realize what they find funny, we don't.
    i'm sure your dinner rocked. they've def. learned don't mess with Mom... EVER.
    maybe the may be more inclined to jump in and cook a look more now. let mom have a break.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    (((hugs))) Nancy. im sure they didnt' mean any harm. boys can be boys. sometimes they don't realize what they find funny, we don't.
    i'm sure your dinner rocked. they've def. learned don't mess with Mom... EVER.
    maybe the may be more inclined to jump in and cook a look more now. let mom have a break.
    thanks I think there joking might of got away on them but there was no mistaken there choice of words but they now know and we'll be pretty hungry tomorrow am.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I dread when my two become picky. I have a 4 year old that eats raw spinach!!! At the present moment, we have eat what you are served or no dessert (if there is any). A cousin of mine wraps up meals that are complained about and serves them at the next meal to the complainer. I am sorry your feelings were hurt JnC. We ate burnt tacos tonight...your meal had to have beat that! I hope your boys shape up.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Well after saying I was going to pressure cook all my beans from now on I read about the hidden PC Plus offer for 1000 points when you buy canned Blue Menu beans and vegetables, well I can't turn down free healthy food so I just went an bought 60 cans of various beans and vegetables and got 60.00 in points back!! Here is the link to download the offer on your card.
    If you click on this link: https://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_CA.html#!pulses
    below the photo of beans there is a points offer button. Click that & load it & you're ready to go!
    For some reason I just can't even find this offer on the page to try and load it. I'd love to buy a whole bunch, make sure the points properly credit, and then donate to others and the food bank.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Granger thanks for the kind words, great that your kids are not picky, I hope it never changes. But I think going forward they will really think before they complain.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    For some reason I just can't even find this offer on the page to try and load it. I'd love to buy a whole bunch, make sure the points properly credit, and then donate to others and the food bank.
    Well I see the offer but it won't load some other folks on another thread are saying that the offer has been pulled which might explain why it won't load to my offers, oh well, another time.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh nancy you were crying -teens can be harsh sometimes -my daughter had me cry a lot age 14 -17(now I wouldn't trade her for the world)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Nancy, I take it the carnitas were not well received, I am so sorry the boys went too far with the insults. I have been through it many times . I remember one of my daughters hurt my feelings over supper and I threw my hamburger at her, really out of character for me but those words stung and I reacted. We had a doozy of a food fight and still laugh about it to this day but I wasn't laughing at the time!!!

As far as the PC offer goes I have no idea why it isn't loading. I had tried several times yesterday and nothing and signed in this morning and it worked, kind of weird.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Well I think my boys learned a life lesson this evening, they were all jokey, insulting and really hurt my feelings with respect to dinner. long story short I told them going forward as of this minutes (a few hours ago) things are changing, I think they are really surprised & shocked but if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all. And if you don't like what's for supper then do without, no snacks, if you are hungry have supper and close your trap. Might seem harsh but I have never done this in my life and well at 11 & 14 years old I think they are still aw struck BUT it had to be said.

I'm not backing down, dh had a chat with them they both apologized individually but it didn't make me feel any better as I was litteraly balling my eyes out and truly insulted.

Oh well lesson learned by all.

I am SO very sorry - your feelings are totally undertandable.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good day, everyone!

Milan came over last night to drop off the new mouse - SO nice to have scrolling back! He picked a cool one, with multicoloured mod-kinda graphics on black. He had gone grocery shopping after work - which he likes to do on our side of the city because the stores have more selection - plus there is no Sobeys on his side of the river. I had made a later supper than usual, hoping he'd stop by in time - and he did, so he got fed as well - which surprized him.

We're back in the deepfreeze - honestly, this is getting old!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

good early morning.. went to bed at 8 last night and woke up at 1L30. thats ok sat and did some crocheting until dh came home.
    went back to bed for about an hour until ds got up.
    got up again around 630. filled 30 containers with turkey soup. holy cow.
    now crocheting in the quiet. waiting for other ds to get up for school.
    spend the day catching up on a few small tasks, freezing rain warning, no reason to go anywhere.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    OI.. mouse droppings in the oven.. daring little creatures.. trying to find warmth i guess.. sucks about the endless cleaning hours..
    The droppings weren't in the oven, but in the drawer underneath. I guess a few crumbs made it in somehow and it's been his headquarters since we cleared out the dry goods cabinet.

Last night, we caught our first mouse. DH watched a YouTube video and moved it into a location where the mouse would have to step on the trap to take the food. Previously, he was able to grab the peanut butter from the trap and even lick it out of the crevices before getting away. We'll leave the traps out, but DH thinks from the quantities of food taken that he was our lone visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Sweet Sparrow: DH works from home a lot and is in IT so would never had gone with them unless he was sure & he talked to lots of IT people before we made the switch. I have never had phone quality isues, but we are in a city and we sit on the high part of the city. The weirdest part is there is no dial tone, just music. But i pay less then 4.00 a month so I can forgive them for that.
    You have a different internet provider?

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Well I think my boys learned a life lesson this evening, they were all jokey, insulting and really hurt my feelings with respect to dinner. long story short I told them going forward as of this minutes (a few hours ago) things are changing, I think they are really surprised & shocked but if you have nothing nice to say then say nothing at all. And if you don't like what's for supper then do without, no snacks, if you are hungry have supper and close your trap. Might seem harsh but I have never done this in my life and well at 11 & 14 years old I think they are still aw struck BUT it had to be said.

I'm not backing down, dh had a chat with them they both apologized individually but it didn't make me feel any better as I was litteraly balling my eyes out and truly insulted.

Oh well lesson learned by all.
    I'm sorry your boys weren't kind to you and all your efforts. I'm sure they didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but I'm glad you spoke up for yourself. Go Mom!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I'm teaching Mon-Wed for the same teacher this week, it's nice. When I'm done work today I am going to stop home and put the shepherd's pie in the oven while I go 10% off grocery shopping at Sobeys. I made the shepherd's pie last night. I have $60 worth of Air Miles on my card that I can redeem. I bought 3 $100gcs to get the bonus 100AM per $100 card promotion. The points have been credited, plus the points for my expensive prescription. Then I will be home for supper and off to a 7pm CWL mass and meeting. We haven't made it to church since December because I have been so sick with this twin pregnancy, or someone in the family was sick and we did not want to share it with the congregation. I'll tell the CWL ladies tonight that I am expecting twins.

I have 9.6 days pre-booked this month. We will be going to Saskatoon after work on Friday and return home again on Sunday. I booked two nights in a hotel with a friend's discount that gives us 40% off the room. Since I have a meeting on Saturday, they will reimburse me $75 a night for the hotel room, so it will only cost us about $10 per night. We're not sure which friends or family members we will visit during this short trip. We will be back in Saskatoon for my 20wk ultrasound at the end of Easter break in April.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Mar 3rd, 2015 at 08:36 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Off to run errands this morning, before the yucky weather gets here. How many days until the good weather gets here? It's been ages since Lily dog & I have been able to sit on a bench & spy on the neighbours & my roommate is getting annoyed with me.

Since yesterday was a do-nothing day (had to recover from a fun weekend!), I'll have to get some chores done today. We'll see if the roommates are willing to help. Good thing I have lots of bribes on hand.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone, I can't wait till Saturday. I just want to sleep in and go no where. Ah, but it is so far away. Today's plan is to plug away at work. Then hockey game for DS (at our rink which is nice) So happy we aren't the ones with an hour drive each way tonight. Then home to get DS in the tub and ready for bed. Get laundry on the go and put away. Plan tomorrow nights dinner (something for the crockpot, use up fresh asparagus and mushrooms too) Maybe slip out to the store before 10pm to grab a loaf of bread. We are totally out and only have English muffins. Fry up eggs to make tomorrow morning smooth. And make oatmeal for myself.

Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread Information