User Tag List

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I just talked to the pharmacist and she said there is no generic brand. I`ve been reading a bit about it and it looks like the insurance companies aren`t covering it.
    I noticed an add on TV last night for this stuff and they said they have 20.00 coupons on their website to try it. I hope it was a Canadian add.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I just talked to the pharmacist and she said there is no generic brand. I`ve been reading a bit about it and it looks like the insurance companies aren`t covering it.
    Look into the Trillium Drug coverage in Ontario. You can apply for an exception as well, I think.

When we were poor, insuranceless people, my hubby's doctor used to give him a month's worth of the medication he was on from their "samples". He did it every month for years until we landed on our feet and had insurance. His med didn't have a generic brand (in fact the generic brand just came out last year).
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks for the suggestions. She offered to do a weekly payment plan but in the end it still costs the same. Also suggested taking DHA...said it is good for the eyes. In the meantime I will use my drops more frequently and try to cut down computer time. Dr. gave me samples of a different drops...ones that he recommends so will see if that makes a difference too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Finally a free night! DS's hockey team finished the season last night and won against the worst team we play (they play dirty) Yippee!! So really need to get going on laundry etc. Fridge is pretty empty so need fresh stuff. Will plan shopping tonight and grab what sale items end today.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Boy, did we ever sleep late today. Brats are still in bed, not wanting to get up, which is sooo not like them. I think Lily dog is just pretending so she doesn't have to go out in the rain.

I did a bit more than I probably should have yesterday. Meh, lesson learned (how else can I know my limits if I don't test them? ).

We'll see how I feel later (actually, I feel much better, say 90%, my problem now are these silly coughing fits I keep having, sigh). Quincy cat hasn't done one of his stress-relieving office visits in a looong time, so that might be in the works for late afternoon. Should help them get through the evening shift to see a kitty in a coat (well, it *is* cold).

Lily dog is on her last day of meds. She is going to be one annoyed little pup when she realizes all the extra treats are no longer going to be at her disposal (she's now reminding me it's pill time so she can get half a dozen little treats when she takes the pill). Of course, after the scare she gave me, I don't care if I have to stay up all night to bake cookies, she can have as many treats as she wants (well, within reason - it would be a very bad thing if she no longer fit into her collar ).

Better go check on the sleepyheads.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good Morning,
    I am once again having some health issues. I had the two cardiac stents done in November and while I felt better I just had an off feeling and was having some dizzy spells and memory problems.I was having these issues before my surgery and everyone thought the stent surgery would help. I have gone to the doctor twice to address these issues and she was able to get me in for a dopler on my carotid artery yesterday and I have a complete blockage in an artery in my neck (thank goodness not the carotid artery)causing the blood not to go to my brain but it is backwashing down into my left arm.This is the cause of my arm pain and memory loss.I am now impatiently waiting to hear from my doctor today to find out the next plan of attack. I feel so lucky I went with my gut and was persistent with the doctor, I just felt off and was forgetting little things. Hopefully things get resolved soon. this getting old is not for chickens!!
    Last edited by thriftygranny; Thu, Mar 26th, 2015 at 10:16 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ah hoping you get all fixed up quickly thriftygranny!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks FBM I am sure things will be fine, just waiting is the hard part.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ thriftygranny Hope you don`t have to wait too long

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went home at lunchtime and put laundry in the dryer and put a load in the wash. I know its high time but sometimes time is money too. I just want it all done and by the time 7pm rolls around to start I am not in the mood. Stripped DS's bed and brought all bedding to laundry room and that will be the next load once I get home from work. Will keep at it and make sure all is put away. Then it will make the weekend smoother

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@thriftygranny always go with your gut, you just never know, my mom had the same issues recently and they changed her meds etc and she is feeling much better, hope you feel like your old self soon
    @Andit glad to hear Lily is on the mend and she's so wise about the treats, who could blame her . Hope you feel better yourself in the next little while and don't over do it
    @Crochetlady hope the eye drops help
    @Insane very kind of your doctor to give out samples - some doctors don't give them out but they sure do make a difference
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thriftygranny take care -we know our own bodies for sure
    -just popped over to shoppers saved 12.50 In coupons and checkout51 -wasn't going to buy a lot but most everything I got was on sale
    -got pork tenderloin with carrots and potatoes around it in the oven-using up meat in the freezer

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

heh all.
    hope everyone is well.
    busy week still. one more day to go.
    then 2 in the next two weeks to continue on my work shop journey.
    so exhausting and eye opening.
    if i get lucky and find some power to my computer/tablets. i'll try and check back in more often.
    for now take care.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Good Morning,
    I am once again having some health issues. I had the two cardiac stents done in November and while I felt better I just had an off feeling and was having some dizzy spells and memory problems.I was having these issues before my surgery and everyone thought the stent surgery would help. I have gone to the doctor twice to address these issues and she was able to get me in for a dopler on my carotid artery yesterday and I have a complete blockage in an artery in my neck (thank goodness not the carotid artery)causing the blood not to go to my brain but it is backwashing down into my left arm.This is the cause of my arm pain and memory loss.I am now impatiently waiting to hear from my doctor today to find out the next plan of attack. I feel so lucky I went with my gut and was persistent with the doctor, I just felt off and was forgetting little things. Hopefully things get resolved soon. this getting old is not for chickens!!
    Glad you got things checked out, hoping you can get that dealt with quickly to bring you an answer.

Getting old sucks.... and blows.... love your comment.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

went to Pearl Harbour today-very sobering. Going out for a planned splurge lunch shortly-flying home Fri night.

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information