User Tag List

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Day 6 since I started the spending diet, and the first day I have actually spent any money.
    -groceries (didn't need much): $11.32
    -kid's allowance: $5.00
    -birthday gift for kid's friend: $15.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I only spent 48.00 on groceries today at walmart and 12.00 at freshco the other day

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

H all. Dinner was really really good! Was nice to go out. Fancy Greek and now I want to go back!
    we went shopping this morning. Found shampoo and kids 2 in 1 on for .94 cents less 30 percent off! As well as English muffins on the clearance rack so stocked up and no need for Costco trip tomorrow. And Greek yogurt reg over $4 on for $1 because it expires April 03! Bought 2 packs and will be my afternoon snack this week so will get used up and get me back on my extra healthy eating. Looking forward to relaxing on the couch tonight. Meal planning/ prep for the week tomorrow!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Just got back from trip #4 to the ER since Monday. My teen is sick. Brought him on Monday with a relentless headache. They thought it was a concussion (he banged his head on friday morning) but weren't convinced and he wasn't sick enough for meningitis. Said bring him back if he starts to look unwell. By Wednesday he was clearly unwell, so back we went. By this time his fever was climbing up and up (but coming down with tylenol and advil) and he'd broken out in a rash. Convinced the doc that I know my kids, and that I know what he looks like when he's got a virus. So doc did some blood work. His platelets were really low. But they still said it's probably just a virus. Bring him back the next day to check his platelets. So I do. And his platelets are coming up but his rash is worse and he is more unwell and extremely lethargic. Still say it's a virus. Bring him back today to check his platelets. So I do, and they are coming up but his rash is now hives and he is extremely itchy. I admit he looks less "unwell". I also stopped "chasing" the fever and just started giving him tylenol every 6hrs cause the fever was just causing all kinds of havoc on his poor body (muscle aches, ect...) They told me to bring him back Monday if he's still unwell and to stop pretreating the fever cause now we don't know if he's still getting one. I admit that in the absence of anything else it must be a virus, but it's very very odd for a virus. I think it's mono. But he tested negative. I heard it can take up to 16days to test positive though. I got a note from the doc though so I can change my vacation leave to sick leave since I've spent the last week with a very unwell child. And many many hours in the ER. The ER was very frustrating. I'm trying to tell myself that no one has a positive experience in the ER. I feel like they weren't grasping the nature of how sick he was and not triaging him properly.

Ok, that's my insane week!!!

I tried my hand at making my own frozen pizzas. It wasn't a complete disaster but wasn't mind blowing either. I'd like to have some frozen for days when dinner falls apart or I just can't get it together to make dinner. I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board on this. Anyone else ever tried making their own frozen pizzas?
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    Morning All

Finally got the fridge cleaned yesterday. Took twice as long as it should have because I let it go too long. I don`t know how a broken egg got on the bottom under the crisper.
    This morning I`ve had breakfast and cleaned the microwave...let that go too long too...and the outside of the fridge and dishwasher. Next on the list is the stove, putting away yarn, dusting, sweeping and scrubbing floors. Hoping hubby will vacuum. We`re having friends in tomorrow for supper and to watch wresltemania...our yearly treat.
    Oie!! We won't discuss how long it's been since I cleaned out the fridge.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just arrived home to a chilly rainy day-but it is my birthday and DH cleaned the house and made a bacon-kale quiche for supper-hopefully the healthy aspect of kale will cancel out the not so healthy aspect of bacon. Insane hope your son is better soon. After a night home on the plane my own tub and bed look good.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Name:  IMG_1526.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  92.0 KB

Went to Target, today was "final 4 days." Everything 60%. Only bought what there was budget for and would be buying anyway in near future, but would save money to buy now.

Retail $300, paid $120.

Left to right
    Clothing for girls: 2 fall tops, 1 summer shorts, 4 bow sets (2 for gifts), 2 sunscreen for summer
    Clothing for DH: 2 jeans, 2 Ts, he snuck in a toy bc he collects Star Wars and G.I. Joe
    Clothing for me: 3 nursing tanks, pillow cover for nursing pillow, two change pad sets ( both gifts)
    Other: 2 Tide washer cleaner, 3 packs of batteries

We paid an average of $4.80 per item (some less obviously, some more), we all need a wardrobe overhaul so every little bit helps.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just bought a huge fresh bunch of Kale. I need ideas ladies please . I plan on putting it in my smoothie but would love other ideas of what to make with it. Love the bacon and kale quiche idea!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Insane geez poor guy and mom, hope you find out what it is soon and hope the young gun feels like himself soon, being itchy is no fun
    @lizzie bargain - happy birthday, enjoy your special day
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@Granger - it's nice to get a wardrobe overhaul every once in a while

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Spent the morning going thru boys clothing. Cleaning their rooms washing bedding makjng beds. Vacuumed our room...and the living room ceiling. Cleansed the bathroom. Did our laundry

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Evening all

As they say don't count your eggs until they hatch....so true....you would think I would know this by now.....sigh

Well dh got his refund deposited into our account on Wednesday. I went on my online RCA account and well story of my life - they took my refund and put it towards a CTTB repayment, you might recall I applied for DTC for both boys and well Logan got approved and then they said oops we made a mistake he doesn't qualify but the agreement was that they would re-coop the funds by taking my CTB every month.....BUT I guess they forgot our agreement and kept my $1800 refund . So needless to say I am not counting on getting the UCCB per child as they most likely will apply that towards the error they made at this point even if they don't I think I will just mail them back the cheque.

On a more positive note I did groceries which were much needed. Not much this week for meat other than hot Italian sausages & bacon. I stocked up on many items that have been depleted and all is good but I will admit 1/2 my monthly budget is gone (sad face). I price matched at Freshco, WM, shopped at Independent and Mike Deans.

I have 2 packages of moose ground beef and 2 packages of ground pork out as my parents announced they would be visiting tomorrow so that's what will be for a late lunch. I also made a pasta salad this afternoon to go along with the burgers.

My plan for lunches for dh & I this coming week is moose chili, I'm going to make a double batch to ensure that we have enough for the whole week.

I pm'd NF flyer at WM, don't ask I need to get the dogs food from there and thought I'd check if they had Popcyle novelties and yeppers so I grab 2 boxes of creamsicles and 2 other boxes of popcycles as treats, at $1.97 a pack that's super cheap, I think I may go back and get a few more boxes of the creamsicles at that price you can't go wrong and they are reg. $4.99 at WM.

I also purchased 2 packages of Maple leaf mild Italian sausages 1.2kg at WM for $10.00 which was 16 sausages, I cooked some for supper tonight and they were yummy so I may go and get another 2 packages but we'll see.

I also decided it was time for a haircut, change things up so I no longer have hair to the middle of my back BUT it now sits just above my shoulders....but it looks great and feels wonderful. DH said it looks really good, normally he complains when I chop my hair off once a year. I'm going to get dh to take pictures of the front, sides and back so I can should the hairdresser the next time I go in and I've decided I'm going to keep the look for a while so the pictures will be needed.

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Just arrived home to a chilly rainy day-but it is my birthday and DH cleaned the house and made a bacon-kale quiche for supper-hopefully the healthy aspect of kale will cancel out the not so healthy aspect of bacon. Insane hope your son is better soon. After a night home on the plane my own tub and bed look good.
    Glad you made it back safely! Pics when you can!

Best of everything is wished for you!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Insane, sure hope your son gets better - you are one awesome vigilant mama bear!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quite the announcement with future shop being bought out taken over by bestbuy

Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information