User Tag List

Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast
Like Tree5978Likes

Thread: Marching Forward with Frugality & with Savings 2015 frugal chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Did everyone notice that the SampleSource samples are live? Go, go, go!!! www.samplesource.com
    thanks @sweet sparrow

I found the samples this time around to be really Sh*tty this time (lol). There is nothing I can really use as stocking stuffers for my boys oh well can't complain free is free
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Mar 31st, 2015 at 01:27 PM.
    Crochetlady and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@sweet sparrow with with Home depot or another store, there really is not much difference between 15, 25 year shingles but I definitely would not bite on the 35 years, my father was a roofer, my 2 brothers took over the business and they don't give quotes for 35 year shingles. And the warranty on a 15 or 25 year shingles are basically the same and you really don't get the # of years, I think you can only go back 5 years for warranties. BUT I personally highly recommend ice & water shield on the whole roof wether 15 or 25 years.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@saundyl so you need to keep a bank account with scotiabank, td, etc to have a Tangerine account which seems odd like you said - thanks for the information.

Do you need to have a bank account with 1 of the 5 top banks ie. TD, Scotiabank etc to have accounts with PC Financial @Frugalbigmama and anyone else??????

Thanks everyone for feedback.

I spoke with someone from the 1-800 # from Scotiabank and they said I needed to make the request at my bank. I did this 2 months ago and they said no, however, I spoke with my banking officer SO this am I left a message on the manager's voice mail requesting my fees be waived, I'm waiting to hear back.

I think the biggest inconvience when switching banks for me would be having a large enough balance in both accounts until the full switch over is complete. I don't mind mailing or faxing out the new voided cheques but for me it's the large chunk in both accounts which would mean temporarily borrowing from my LOC which I really really don't want to do. Any recommendations?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am done trading in the trading group here. Try to make an offer (and mine is NEW stamps- worth more then silly coupon for a few bucks off) and tired of being told no. So hoping someone here can help me. I'm looking for:

$1 off Highliner fish (any)
    $1 off Uncle Ben's rice (any)
    Kraft cheese slices
    and ?
    I have new P stamps and am too generous with them

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@jasperandchar - No you don't have to keep a big bank linked for PC. I have my PC account and it is linked to my Tangerine acct.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Found these coupons today if anyone is looking:
    $2 off any pack of Special K shakes
    50 cents off any Dr. Oetker item
    $1 off any 2 Mrs Dash Seasoning packets (125 oz)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    @jasperandchar - No you don't have to keep a big bank linked for PC. I have my PC account and it is linked to my Tangerine acct.
    Thanks very much for the information.

Is there any way to transfer the funds from existing bank account ie Scotiabank directly to PC Financial or do I need to deposit a cheque as I wouldn't want to chance depositing a large sum of cash.

Also can you nickname your accounts, I can do this with Scotiabank currently so I don't have to look up the account #'s for all the accounts I do have, I am able to name the account ie vacation, renos?

Can you do that picture deposit thing too and I'm guessing it's free, do you need to bring the cheque you took a picture of to the bank machine anyways or just throw out?

I'm sure I will think of a bunch of more questions, hope you don't mind.

I greatly appreciate your help

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I'm sure they can transfer the funds but may charge you. I would open PC account and then write cheque to deposit money in it. I have many accounts with PC Financial but they are not nicknamed (not sure if you can- didn't see the option) But yes you can name your accounts at Tangerine. Pretty sure Tangerine does the picture/chq deposit. (I just don't like that and would never use it myself so can't confirm).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

oh and I never deposit cash in a bank machine. Ever. Heard horror stories so the odd time I have cash I put in my mom's account and she writes me a cheque to deposit.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Tonights is Jessa's wedding on 19 kids and counting....so excited and can't wait until Jill & Derrick's baby

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I made a double batch of chili in the crockpot for dh & I's lunches , I'm going to make another double batch tomorrow for the freezer for quick meals . I will admit I took out too much ground moose but that's okay it's all good, I'll have chili in the freezer .

I'm so excited to help Logan move some of his stuff from his old room into his new room tonight , I will admit I am not looking forward to the aquarium as he is downsizing but it will all be worth it.

Dh is getting antsy to start working outside I can't really blame him as he's super anxious to get the cement floor poured in the garage and I'm secretly anxious as well as he will be able to do lots of odd jobs out there and not make a mess in the house .

I'm going to post the new thread name shortly, only avoncallingu posted a name suggestion so it's easy to decide .

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hi All,

The only chance I made to Avon's name suggestion was "the sequel" as this name was the winner for the 2014 frugal chatter thread , I sincerely hope everyone is fine with that .

Here's the link, wishing everyone an extremely frugal April

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/401996-...a/#post6356950

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I taught 4.6 days last week. I currently only have 1.4 days this week, but have other days booked later in the month. Dh is home sick with a nasty stomach bug, we're hoping it doesn't spread to LO and I. I took LO to daycare at 11:00am after we spent an entire hour walking around outside in this beautiful weather. Today is supposed to be the warmest day of the week. I'm not teaching today, but I have a meeting this afternoon that I will be paid a $30 honorarium for attending. After the meeting I have a phone appointment with my hematologist, I'm anticipating that no adjustments will be needed for my medication.

While LO was at daycare I got $50.95 from SARCAN for a large collection of bottles and cans.
    The best part is that I didn't pay the deposit on most of the bottles. A friend asked me to take their mess of bottles and cans from beside their house, about 4 grocery bags worth that I collected from the streets while walking, and only 1 garbage bag full of bottles was from our own house. Money in my pocket.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I am done trading in the trading group here. Try to make an offer (and mine is NEW stamps- worth more then silly coupon for a few bucks off) and tired of being told no. So hoping someone here can help me. I'm looking for:

$1 off Highliner fish (any)
    $1 off Uncle Ben's rice (any)
    Kraft cheese slices
    and ?
    I have new P stamps and am too generous with them
    Where are the coupons from?
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Not sure. I think lob laws is suppose to have thekraft cheese coupons. I've looked but found nothing

Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 LastLast

Thread Information