User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Fitbit reviews?

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I've been eyeing the Fitbits for awhile now and was wondering if anyone has one, if so which style and what is your review?

I just saw the smaller style on amazon.ca for $60 (I think it's the "zip" style) and since I have a credit, I thought I might try that style (it'll be very low OOP expense).

Or is it better to buy the wrist style?

Anyone have any thoughts? Insights?

I really just want it to track my steps, which will hopefully encourage me to move my butt more each day. lol

Thanks in advance
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com
    Last edited by bargain_hunter_lola; Sat, Feb 28th, 2015 at 05:58 PM.
    ROMEO and Lee03 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I have the Fitbit Zip, got it for free through a program at work. I've had it since last July and really like it. It counts steps, and also integrates with My Fitness Pal, gives me a number of extra calories I've earned from exercise. I keep it attached to my bra, it's never fallen off. I find it does kind of push me to go for an extra walk, etc. if my step number isn't high enough. I get emails during the day sometimes saying, "Only 2,400 steps to go, you can do it!" that kind of thing.

The cons - it goes through batteries more quickly than their information says it will, about four months of daily use and it goes dead. Batteries are about $5 at Walmart, but someone was telling me that I think Radio Shack sells them for the same amount, but it includes two replacements. Another con - about a month ago, it died. Just went kaput.

But looking on the bright side, their customer service is very good. After its untimely death, they suggested some ways to reset it and get it going again, but when it didn't, they just sent me a new one.

The wrist one wasn't available through my program, but I have very big wrists (women's bracelets or watches don't fit), so I probably wouldn't have gone for that. They cost more anyhow, and if you just want it to track steps, the Zip does that just fine. I think the bracelet one also tracks sleep?
    Last edited by Zonny; Sun, Mar 1st, 2015 at 11:39 AM.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Thanks for the great review Zonny!

Yes, I think the only thing that the basic wrist model has that the Zip doesn't is the sleep functions and the ability to recharge. Although $5 every 4 months for a battery for the Zip doesn't sound too bad.

Sounds like they have great customer service also!
    ROMEO, Lee03 and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Here's a comparison chart I found online

ROMEO, sassypants, Lee03 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    Thanks for the great review Zonny!

Yes, I think the only thing that the basic wrist model has that the Zip doesn't is the sleep functions and the ability to recharge. Although $5 every 4 months for a battery for the Zip doesn't sound too bad.

Sounds like they have great customer service also!
    Yes, they do have great customer service! A coworker lost his recently, it fell off his belt. They sent him a new one too!

CouponNewbie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I have the zip one- worth every penny It really helps you to get motivated to lose exercise. You can sync it to your computer and then it keeps track of your daily steps. You can set goals for yourself, it also has graphs to show whether you are increasing or decreasing daily steps. If your friends and family have them too you can also compete with them/ help them to stay on track. You get cool badges for milestones (like 5k walked etc) . It actually helped me to lose weight/ stay in shape

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I'm considering getting the Fit Bit Charge with HR (assuming Target has stock) any one have any reviews? My co-workers all have them and they said they like it, they just thought the HR bit was a gimmick. I just want an accurate HR monitor.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have the Fitbit Flex and i have been using it since September 30th . I have to say it has worked so well for me. Firstly let me explain
    what it can do for average joe :
    1.It is stylish pedometer , it can count steps , distance , calories(calculated based on steps)
    2. It monitors your sleep activity - you will be surprised to know how many times you are in unrest condition once you wear this device and track your sleep activity
    3. You can set step, distance goal challenge with your friends or the fitbit community groups
    4. Once your daily goal is set it will alert you through email or app notification to clock in more steps at milestones for eg " you are only 2500 steps from meeting your daily goal
    5. You can program it to wake u up at particular time every day , you can also program it to alarm you for different things (this is one of the best feature )
    6. For the conscious calorie counter - Connectivity to myfitness pal, sparkpeople, loseit thus you can track your food on those platforms and see how much you need to walk , run or burn to reach your calorie goal
    7. Very neat graphic display on the fitbit app and extensive features on the website
    8 Instanlty sync to your android, iphone / ipad through bluetooth infact you can hold your phone in one hand and walk on spot to see the step count increase- i love this seamless integration

What it will not do

1. It will not count floors climbed/how high did u walk? or Altitude, so if you intend to challenge someone on floors climbed all you will get is step count
    2. It does not monitor your heart rate, in HIIT cardio and other kinds of training some people do like to know how many calories they burnt but because this device calculates calories based on steps it does not account for your heart rate, how long you were exercising at max heart rate thus you might have worked out till u drop in a 30 minute intense work out session but the device will understate the calories burnt based on steps
    3. You are supposed to wear it on your non-dominant hand , thus somewhat inaccurate step calculation for left handed people
    4. does not show time (like Flex/ jawbone/ Polar FT )

Battery retention is very good in the first three month , you charge it for half an hour max using usb charger and the device retains charge for 5 days , however i have noticed with time the battery retention has reduced it now requires charging every 4 days

******* Update on customer service ******
    Last week I lost my fitbit flex(the small black device inside the band ). My fitbit band which is made of some kind of rubber got ripped on the bottom palm side and apparently the tiny device had slipped out and fell through I didnt even notice it had gone missing because I was not monitoring the steps on my app. So when i found out the fitbit had fallen off I searched my entire house and work to no avail. I called up fitbit support explaining that the band had wore out and cracked , consequently the device was lost. THE CSR rep was very competent and nice , he politely asked me for my fitbit registered account details [thank god I had my device registered and synced upto date] . He confirmed that my device had not recorded any steps for the past two days , asked for the serial number on the packaging box. The CSR placed a replacement order immediately. I was really very happy to receive this kind of service in recent times
    Last edited by zealot1205; Sat, May 2nd, 2015 at 06:36 PM. Reason: additional comments on customer service
    Earn Giftcards or paypal money by searching the web, shopping online, watching videos, playing games and answering surveys with Swagbucks

PTC Site that really works Join Clixsense now !!

William Mike
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did not had any experience with it, but my cousin said me that are good, and as I read in the comment there is who are satisfied with it....
    Lee03 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I suggest you first read the comments on the site reviewscustomer.com
    Consumers will recommend the right site and give you details about the delivery and quality or
    Lee03 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I have a FitBit One. Works great and is a great motivator.
    Lee03 likes this.
    My Tangerine Orange Key is 46123097S1

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mine stopped holding a charge after a few months. I would have to recharge it everyday and so I stopped using it. For those of you that have android phones & take them everywhere, you might want to try Google Fit. It tracks the amount you walk ect based on your phone movement or if you have a google watch.
    Lee03 likes this.
    Join me in earning $$ on swagbucks. I've made $580 so far!

Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Hi! I have had three fitbits over the year, as well as the scale and I loved them all!

Flex: great for rugged outdoor use, especially because the band is replace able so you can really wear it outside a lot. Plus its great as a fashion accessory as you can change the colour of the band when ever you want.

ChargeHR: This was my 'next step' in my fitness journey, I hike for work, lonnnnng extended hours and was never really sure how 'hard' I was working. The Heartrate ability changed the whole fitness game for me. Turns out I was not eating enough to compensate for all the exercise I was doing.. and therefore wasn't losing weight. Now, I'm eating at a level that sustains me in the field and I'm losing weight too! Downside, the band is not changable, so for me (9+ hours in the forest everyday) I wear my work gloves over top, to protect it (no big deal as we are required to wear gloves anyway)

Aria Scale: Super important for me as well, this not only tells me if I'm losing weight .. it tells me if I'm gaining muscle. With all the resistance training I do, I can never tell if I have lost fat, or muscle. The body fat scan is essential for me to keep track.

Anyway, love love love fit bit and if/when you do get one .. look up Fitbit Challenge Group on facebook, there's over 20,000 people who post and compete in daily fitbit challenges. To help keep you motivated!!
    Lee03 likes this.

Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Also, just to point out that the ChargeHR DOES count steps climbed/altitude, sleep tracker, incoming call display, steps, kilometers as well as heart rate
    Last edited by canirishmum; Mon, Jun 29th, 2015 at 07:01 PM.
    Lee03 likes this.

Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Just an FYI, the Force was recalled due to band issues. However, the Charge HR and Surge are now out. Take a look at those! They are really phenomenal. The Surge even has GPS capability, making it easy to see your walk/run on a map.
    Lee03 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information