Sat & Sun 18,500 wus $75
    Sun & Mon 2 Day Event
    Thurs. Senior's Day 20% off on regular priced items with optimum card
    Text this - Surprise -to 736898 (SDMTXT) - get a special offer
    Meet the new arrivals - 10x participating products
    Free Clutch - wus $125 BeautyBoutique
    Easter Contest - scan optimum card wub 3 easter items
    1000bp wub2 Lindt gold bunnies

Combo Deal example: Lean Cuisine 2/$4.00, website coupon $1.50 wub3, 250 pin code points each (1000=free product coupon), plus optimum points
    Quaker Granola bars $2.49-50cent tear pad, free cookies wus $5.00 coupon tear pad

I'm starting to see a pattern to these deals.
    Hugo, Calvin Klein 8000bp
    Rub A535 -15x
    Free workout DVD wup Gajam yoga mat
    femMED 1000bp
    Free One Touch Verio no blood glucose monitoring system wup OTV test strips 100s
    Gastrolyte, Electrolyte, Hemoval, Night at the Museum DVD 500bp
    La Roche Posay, Rapidlash 5x
    A-Dermal, Avene, Aspercreme, Tiger Balm, Icy Hot, Helixia, Rhinaris, Phillip's colon health, Alka Seltzer, Fiber Choice 20x
    Cover FX 4000bp wub2
    Bentasil, Benylin, Tylenol Complete liquid, Breton, Quaker cookies, Parissa, ? Cheezies,Reisen, Werther's, Biotene,BIC various razors, FEKKAI, GOSH hair, Pantene Expert, Sally Hershberger 10x
    Loreal makeup 2000bp wub2
    Nice n Easy 1500 wub2
    Conair curl secret 5000bp
    Quo brushes, implements, nail enamel, treatments 15x wus $25?
    Almay makeup 1000bp wub2
    RENU, Sensitive Eyes B1G1F
    800bp wub2 participating Johnson's products
    Carlton cards b2g$2off, b3g$4off coupon found in card department - my store had them at cash registers
    Belvita Bites 300bp
    Metamucil 10x
    Pampers 3000bp participating diapers
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Carlton Cards, Pampers
    Last edited by sirandrewr; Thu, Mar 5th, 2015 at 07:07 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

The text offer is interesting. I have data (and internet connection) on my cell, but it's not a smartphone, so not sure it will be of use to me.
    amira84 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

It sends a short link so I typed it into my browser...it was a digital scratch card for 20x WUS $50 on Tuesday March 10th.
    amira84 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Can i get the curler which has 5000 bonus points on saturday by redeeming 55K points and paying for the rest and stil lreceive the 18500 points ?
    Earn Giftcards or paypal money by searching the web, shopping online, watching videos, playing games and answering surveys with Swagbucks

PTC Site that really works Join Clixsense now !!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You will get the 5k bonus with either redemption or 18500. My store will say pick one or the other. In that case do the math and redeem/points for other items. Some SC members are able to do both if you spend over $75 after redemption, taxes and fees.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The curler is around 90 after 55 k redemption and paying foe the rest why can't I get the points on Saturday event iam not combining points coupons or other offers right ?
    Earn Giftcards or paypal money by searching the web, shopping online, watching videos, playing games and answering surveys with Swagbucks

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

This conversation has become confusing. You will get the 5k whether you purchase or redeem. You will also get the 18500 if you spend $75 after redemption. You still have to spend $75.
    kimijeen, amira84 and terry2144 like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Above reply awesome . Makes it clear . follow up question . I have a 20 x Wus 50 text offer valid on tuesday the 10th. So I can buy the curler on tuesday . Will I get 20 x on the original price or 20 x on what I pay after redemption ?

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by zealot1205 View Post
    Above reply awesome . Makes it clear . follow up question . I have a 20 x Wus 50 text offer valid on tuesday the 10th. So I can buy the curler on tuesday . Will I get 20 x on the original price or 20 x on what I pay after redemption ?
    After, so long as you have spent a minimum of $50 after you redeem
    terry2144 likes this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's great if you can combine the two. If you can't (that's me) and the curler is $175 then your better off doing a 95,000 redemption or 20x points (there are email offers Mon & Wed) and cashing in your points for something else.
    terry2144 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Tyanks @sirandrewr for this thread. I always look forward to your thread. It is a compact form of optimum points deals.
    terry2144 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good thread. Trying to maximize points!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My text offer is blank. Scratched the card and revealed nothing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just had a brutal experience this evening at SDM over the Seniors day promotion. While the signage clearly stated "SDM discounts apply to regular prices on all merchandise purchased by seniors and their accompanying family members with a valid Shoppers optimum card", they gave me a REALLY hard time about it. I was shopping with my mother-in-law (a senior), and everything was fine until I mentioned that I was looking to redeem some of MY points from MY card. They told me that I couldn't do that, since it had to be HER card and they can only scan one card per transaction. I felt that it could be interpreted that I was a family member with a valid optimum card, but after contacting head office, their interpretation was that it had to be on HER card. Silly, since I could have simply transferred 95000 points from my card to hers, but whatever. Went back to try again, and then it got TRULY ridiculous. The cashiers wouldn't let me pay. That's right, apparently the purchase had to be made with HER money for some reason. At this point, I'm fairly sure they were trying to pull that just to spite me. I couldn't even hand her my debit card to pay. I'm pretty sure that if I'd handed her cash in front of them they would've denied it as well. Just a horrible experience. At various times, I was told that the discount ONLY applied to the seniors, and no one else. I brought them one of their own signs to try to convince them. Eventually, someone at head office spoke with them and I was told by the cashiers that they would make a "one time exception". Speaking with head office after the fact, I was told that they'd speak with the store manager, and I insisted that it be made clear that they weren't doing me a favour with a "one time exception", but they were simply forced to honour their own policy. Other customers were delayed, my mother-in-law was held up and embarrassed and, to top it off, texted my wife that it sounded like I was committing fraud. What a great night...

Anyone else been hassled like this?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by talula123 View Post
    I just had a brutal experience this evening at SDM over the Seniors day promotion. While the signage clearly stated "SDM discounts apply to regular prices on all merchandise purchased by seniors and their accompanying family members with a valid Shoppers optimum card", they gave me a REALLY hard time about it. I was shopping with my mother-in-law (a senior), and everything was fine until I mentioned that I was looking to redeem some of MY points from MY card. They told me that I couldn't do that, since it had to be HER card and they can only scan one card per transaction. I felt that it could be interpreted that I was a family member with a valid optimum card, but after contacting head office, their interpretation was that it had to be on HER card. Silly, since I could have simply transferred 95000 points from my card to hers, but whatever. Went back to try again, and then it got TRULY ridiculous. The cashiers wouldn't let me pay. That's right, apparently the purchase had to be made with HER money for some reason. At this point, I'm fairly sure they were trying to pull that just to spite me. I couldn't even hand her my debit card to pay. I'm pretty sure that if I'd handed her cash in front of them they would've denied it as well. Just a horrible experience. At various times, I was told that the discount ONLY applied to the seniors, and no one else. I brought them one of their own signs to try to convince them. Eventually, someone at head office spoke with them and I was told by the cashiers that they would make a "one time exception". Speaking with head office after the fact, I was told that they'd speak with the store manager, and I insisted that it be made clear that they weren't doing me a favour with a "one time exception", but they were simply forced to honour their own policy. Other customers were delayed, my mother-in-law was held up and embarrassed and, to top it off, texted my wife that it sounded like I was committing fraud. What a great night...

Anyone else been hassled like this?
    I've never been hassled like that before, but I've also only done a senior's day once. The cashier did ask if it was my father's Optimum card when we were paying, but I just said yes (my card isn't signed anyway). I paid though, with no issue.

Thread Information