• 3 Post By Zonny
  • 2 Post By macw1960
  • 2 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By Poppy111
  • 1 Post By oscarandme

Thread: Looking for daffodils and tulip bulbs

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I was wondering, I would love to have allot of Daffodils and Tulips to plant in the front of our home. Does anyone have too many? they are sooo expensive for just a few bulbs, any coupons out there for some companies that we see maybe at Home Depot or Micheals, Rona? Any organizations that give to willing and loving homeowners? We live accross from a primary school and have been flooded twice by the city, this is finaly getting resolved after 10 years of living on a time-bomb and ready to make our home an oasis for the children and newighbours to see outside with tons of flowers to love. Thanks everyone.

The city will be replacing what they took out but but I want daffodils and tulips and blue and pink FLOXES (spelling is off I know).
    This thread is currently associated with: Home Depot, Rona
    naya, macw1960 and saveadollardiva like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Isn't it kind of late to plant bulbs? I plant mine around Thanksgiving!
    GoJays, macw1960 and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    I was wondering, I would love to have allot of Daffodils and Tulips to plant in the front of our home. Does anyone have too many? they are sooo expensive for just a few bulbs, any coupons out there for some companies that we see maybe at Home Depot or Micheals, Rona? Any organizations that give to willing and loving homeowners? We live accross from a primary school and have been flooded twice by the city, this is finaly getting resolved after 10 years of living on a time-bomb and ready to make our home an oasis for the children and newighbours to see outside with tons of flowers to love. Thanks everyone.

The city will be replacing what they took out but but I want daffodils and tulips and blue and pink FLOXES (spelling is off I know).
    Check with your neighbors for flox as they grow like crazy as they may give you some plants or the seeds. You could also dig them up on the sides of the road possibly.
    Ciel and oscarandme like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Suggest you connect with your local horticultural society. Someone might be able to help you with some plants/bulbs before any fundraising plant sales come along. Also, see if anyone in your social circle is looking to giveaway any potted flowers (free is good and perks up your flowerbed!).

But yes, fall is the time to plant the bulbs for spring.
    macw1960 and oscarandme like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got Gladiolis bag of 7 bulbs for $2 they had other kinds of bulbs but cant remember what they were. Might be worth it to check and see if they have tulips and daffidils. AT Dollarame
    macw1960 and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh thank you so much fellow members, awesome suggestions. I ask because we were flooded twice in ten years and finally the city has fixed the issues of manholes and inlets and they are due to finish this spring and for them to do all the work they yanked out our so called temporary gauntlet that is about about 10 years old too but the rising of soil turned out to be a garden full of treasures, a lilac from my childhood home that I took when we sold the house after her my mothers' passing, lots of sales and bulbs that were purchased and lots of unmarked surprises. Llittle end-of season orphans that needed a good home a CDN TIRES and WMs and LOBLAWS, that were on their last days and came home to try and blossom or possibly take over the area...You know the ones with no tags and no identifying leaves and no staff to help. Well several of those were just little treasures. In the very late fall, they started the work and digging and about the fifth of our lawn, Forest Larose as I called it, a backhoe yanked feet of soil, did the work and brought in new soil but i's all GONE... rose bushes, all kinds of colors, blue phloxes, strategically placed and corner decorative trees, tulips, daffodils and still lots of planning had been done with a bench and water fountain and little cement creatures bought from a local high school to raise funds(was able to salvage most of those)and the bulbs packed on each side of the driveway..gone!!! the driveway needed to be dug-up so bye-bye side bulbs and other plants, rose-bushes and others.

I realize they are to be planted in the fall, trying to see if I can get them for a deal for then. I saw a commercial last night and I forget what the product they were selling and the lady was watering a bunch of flowers the height of this woman an they were shocking pink and it made realize that all my flowers are gone. Made me sad to watch to commercial...yucky!!!

Thank you everyone for the suggestions..more litigation I suspect, this was supposed to be completed by the end of 2014. Yup.
    Last edited by oscarandme; Mon, Apr 13th, 2015 at 06:35 AM.
    macw1960 likes this.

Thread Information