• 2 Post By tobiwobi
  • 2 Post By sirandrewr
  • 1 Post By SavvyLady
  • 1 Post By stevent

Thread: Refunds and Optimum Points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I just logged into my SDM account to check on my points.

Yesterday I did a transaction for $7.99 before taxes and I earned 70 Optimum points.
    Shortly after I made the purchase realized I got the wrong size (tampons) and took them back for the correct size.

They took back 79 Optimum points for the return. They took an extra 9 points back for no reason.

I repurchased the correct size and earned only 70 points.

Has anyone else had this happen?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Thu, Mar 5th, 2015 at 07:30 AM.
    amira84 and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i bought dawn dish soap on monday because it was signed at 2.49.. didnt realize it was an old sign until after my bill printed and i was charged 3.99. i SCOPed and she refunded my money but my account says -431 for that transaction (400 was BP coupon) so i lost an extra point too.. ?

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Maybe it has to do with the way the system is rounding? When they give you the points they round in their favour (70 vs 79 for 7.99), but when they give you the refund, instead of just reversing the transaction, they recalculate and again round in their favour (79 vs 70 for 7.99 refund).

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They used to reward every penny of purchase but have recently changed to rounded up to the dollar. For example I used to get 1 optimum point for a 10 cent photocopy. Now I have to purchase $1 to get 10 points.
    They didn't change their exchange/refund of points because its still 1 point per 10 cents. It is something that you can call SDM head office about but most people won't.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought four boxes of Life Brand tampons on sale for $5.99 each. The cashier accidentally scanned one box twice, so I was charged for five boxes. Luckily, I noticed it on my receipt before I left the store. The cashier said she thought she had already removed the additional box she scanned accidentally. I got a refund of $5.99 plus tax, but I was only deducted 11 Optimum points instead of 50, so I technically got 39 bonus points due to the cashier's error.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stevent View Post
    I bought four boxes of Life Brand tampons on sale for $5.99 each. The cashier accidentally scanned one box twice, so I was charged for five boxes. Luckily, I noticed it on my receipt before I left the store. The cashier said she thought she had already removed the additional box she scanned accidentally. I got a refund of $5.99 plus tax, but I was only deducted 11 Optimum points instead of 50, so I technically got 39 bonus points due to the cashier's error.
    Nice!! Don't you just love the life brand tampons..my girls and I only use these!! We have tried others and these are the best, and my girls are picky!!
    stevent likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Nice!! Don't you just love the life brand tampons..my girls and I only use these!! We have tried others and these are the best, and my girls are picky!!
    It's good to hear that those are well-liked. I wouldn't know, since I bought them as a favour for my little sister, who was running low on tampons, wanted any plastic applicator tampons that are on sale, and too busy with her job and life to pay attention to sale flyers or go to the store. This was the first and only time someone had asked me to buy feminine hygiene products for them; I don't know why she didn't ask her boyfriend to get them for her though. I was able to get the 39 bonus points for basically nothing and help her out at the same time.
    CrazyQT likes this.

Thread Information