User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: QotD: 06 Mar 2015: Quitting a habit

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Gave up smoking and soda,but now it is a struggle with weight gain and it makes me angry because now instead of worrying about lung cancer I have to worry about heart disease and also having trouble just moving around but of course 50 pounds of Winter clothing does not help.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Giving up chocolate is killing me. I have to now before it causes me big problems, doctor said so. Maybe i should get a second opinion.
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluerose View Post
    Gave up smoking and soda,but now it is a struggle with weight gain and it makes me angry because now instead of worrying about lung cancer I have to worry about heart disease and also having trouble just moving around but of course 50 pounds of Winter clothing does not help.
    congrats on quitting smoking!! U just need to eat healthier and be more active for weight control.
    danger_dan likes this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dededi View Post
    Giving up chocolate is killing me. I have to now before it causes me big problems, doctor said so. Maybe i should get a second opinion.
    just have dark chocolate in small doses!!
    TaraF and danger_dan like this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I have to say congrats to anyone able to give up a lifelong habit....it's hard!!!! I was *note the WAS* a lifelong nail bitter, to the point I had "man hands" lol and my husband is a smoker so in the summer of 2013 I made a bet with my husband: I'd stop chewing my nails if he stopped smoking. He took the bet and while I still have beautiful long nails he's unfortunately still a smoker. But I kicked the habit! I was so excited when I finally grew them out that I took a picture because it was literally the first time in my entire life that I had long nails. I loved them so much I thought "why didn't I do this sooner?" I think they look so nice natural that I switch between a clear polish and a clear hardening polish now. Not too shabby for a lifelong fingernail bitter! I'm still trying to get my hubby to stop smoking but as anyone with a habit knows, YOU have to WANT to stop. All the nagging in the world won't make him stop unless it's something he wants to do.

Name:  nails4.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  44.2 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information