User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By couponkrystal
  • 1 Post By bargain_hunter_lola
  • 1 Post By Bingo_jake

Thread: Otter box review

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We have 2 otter boxes, ipad and iPod 5th gen. Both cracked and snapped in different places. Also once installed it's almost impossible to get them off to clean under it, more like 99% chance that it will break before it comes off. Even with the cracks it still protects extremely well. Because the case is so big it makes the devices heavier, but definitely more durable. Although it makes it hard to dock the iPod on the radio because the case interferes with the slot.

i was most impressed with their warranty. They only asked for a submission form explaining date of purchase (no proof of purchase which was great because they were both gifted to us) , mailing address and a few pictures of the damages. In less than 24 hrs the replacement was approved and shipped for free!

In this case I would say it was worth paying the extra for the "better" case. Without their great warranty I would say take a pass.
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple
    Last edited by couponkrystal; Tue, Mar 10th, 2015 at 05:54 PM.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I love Otterbox products. I have one on my iPod touch and both DH and I have them on our phones.

They been dropped, thrown and taken loads of abuse and the electronics have never been affected. Even the otterboxes themselves are in good shape after almost 3 years of constant use.

I agree that they do make the device heavier and harder to dock (practically impossible on some docs) but its a small price to pay to ensure your device lasts.

I'm shopping around for a new iPod (4th gen is now outdated) and will definitely be getting an otterbox for it.
    couponkrystal likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got a Otterbox Commuter for my S4 and I like it. it's an expensive case but it's nice and good quality.

I believe you have lifetime warranty, and if it's broken they will send you a new one.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Best Case Ever!

Thread Information