Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Like Tree251Likes

Thread: It's Crazy to me...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Hey, I've seen male cashiers before! There's also managers, stock guys, pharmacists, ... It doesn't have to be "fine ladies" all the time, you know.

Unfortunately, I'm one of the poor unfortunate souls who's never received an email from them. I have the box checked on my online Optimum account, I've called in and asked, checked spam folders, blocked senders, and I still have no idea why I've never had a single email.
    I thought I was the only one who NEVER receives e-mails and offers from SDM. I too have called in and asked several times. IT IS SO FRUSTRATING to see so many others gain a huge number of optimum points and I don't get to play the game. Very seldom do I get offers in the mail. Can someone help us?????
    Based on http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/387244-...d-offer-canada, changing the email address on your Optimum account to a different email address should cause SDM to begin sending you the personalized weekly email (with seven coupons) every Friday or Saturday; however, if you live in Quebec it seems they won't send you the personalized weekly email. Also, make certain that the "yes" option has been selected for "I would like Shoppers Drug Mart to send me personalized electronic communications containing exclusive offers, promotions and valuable coupons."

This does work. My dad has received emails from SDM since getting an Optimum card in July 2014, but never received a personalized weekly email (with seven coupons). On Friday, March 20, 2015, I changed the email address on his Optimum account to a different email address and a day later (Saturday, March 21) he received his very first personalized weekly email. I then changed the email address back to the previous email address (that he prefers to use) and he still continues to receive the personalized weekly email. Also, it has nothing to do with the number of transactions the Optimum card has, since my dad only ever used his card once to make a $5.90 transaction on March 5, 2015 (he kept that one receipt with his card and his current Optimum point balance on the Optimum website is the same as what is on that one receipt).
    Anna Michele, amira84 and Poobah like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I hope your points get added. When you already receive 20x the points automatically, sometimes those other points do not get added later. let us know if it worked!
    It turned out to be an April Fool's joke on me No 22,000 bonus points added to my account on April 1. I called SDM today to inquire about the missing points. Nope, she said, the computer automatically over rode my 22,000 bonus point coupon and instead gave me 20X. Today she gave me the difference. It didn't matter what the cashier had told me. Apparently the cashiers have just a basic knowledge of the Optimum points and in future I should phone SDM instead of relying on what the cashier tells me! What a way to run a business -- your customer service rep openly tells a customer that they don't give their staff sufficient training to do their jobs.
    Earn money back when shopping on-line by going through the Ebates site. Use my referral link below.
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=p162PRHFagw%3D
    Earn SwagBucks -- get stuff free! Use my referral link below.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kristeven

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information