User Tag List

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am hoping it passes this year......joking, but I just do not feel any excitement about Christmas in July. I think it may have something to do with Santa, and having no small kids anymore to get involved with. The 2 dogs and 2 cats just ignore me when I tell them all about it.
    Mia001, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I am hoping it passes this year......joking, but I just do not feel any excitement about Christmas in July. I think it may have something to do with Santa, and having no small kids anymore to get involved with. The 2 dogs and 2 cats just ignore me when I tell them all about it.
    For me it is being prepared and ready so I can have it all wrapped in November so I can enjoy the Christmas season! I don't want to be stressed/rushing around in December
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Going to do up a package of canned goods for my mom as part of her Christmas present. She has been buying these jars of peaches at Costco...full of high fructose corn syrup�� so on Saturday I canned a bunch of peaches so will give her 5 jars. Will also include stewed tomatoes, pickled cauliflower, pickled beet, applesauce, soup etc as I can things I will put aside jars for her.
    also started knitting a scarf for one of my nieces so will probably knit a couple more as gifts probably one for another niece and maybe one for mil. Picked up a Star Wars toy and some cheap stocking stuffers for Christmas family we sponsor.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Went to Toys R Us last week and stocked up discontinued Ninjango Lego. They were B1G1/2 off. So I now have two Christmas presents for DS as well as a couple of the small sets tucked away for birthday parties this year. I have enough points to order a game that he wants from Disney rewards, so that will take care of him for now. I want to leave money in the budget for the toys that come out for Christmas. There is always one that he wants. (Santa brings that one for him)
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have no idea what I am getting anyone for presents. Our twins just had their birthday yesterday and our son is turning 4 in early September. Dh's birthday is in December. We have what we need, so I have a hard time finding things to put aside as presents.

I love baking goodies. We have no idea if we will be home or visiting family for Christmas this year.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Aug 7th, 2016 at 01:15 AM.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Everybody has everything they need at this point in my family, so I'm focused more on my decorating and my food right now. I may go halfsies on a new bed for my sister with my parents because I see that Costco has some nice looking twin mattresses for $199.

But I think I'm going to take a crack at making small gifts for people. Spice blends or marinade mixes perhaps (tons of recipes on pinterest) for my friends and coworkers.

Maybe I'll DIY some of that "Poo Pourri" stuff (it's $15+ for a small bottle at BB&B) as a hostess gift or as a gag-but-useful gift. All it is is essential oils and a bit of rubbing alcohol in water, I may make them holiday scented by making them with cinnamon or ginger and vanilla. I know it'll work because I've tried the Bath and Body Works pillow spray (grabbed one free at a yard sale, hate the scent and want it nowhere near my face) that way and it's essentially oils and water, and it works VERY well. A nice gift for people who have family over during the holidays and have to suddenly share bathrooms with many more people.
    Last edited by Chantel; Sat, Aug 6th, 2016 at 09:29 PM.
    Purdee, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

will be spending x'mas and new year with the inlaws down south and it will also be my baby's first x'mas so this year it will be more about the baby than for the adults however, i am excited about all you can eat KFC and gravy down south LOL. Yes it is my guilty pleasure nom nom nom

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Bought a nice pullover top for my man. Retailed for $59.99 plus tax. Was marked down to $11.99. I had a coupon Spend $50 save $10 so paid $50.83 total for the top and a new Adidas backpack for DS for back to school (Reg $54.99 on for $32.99)
    Love coupons!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I bought a bit of clothing from the bay online for granddaughter and soon to be grandson in sept -also got them ski mitts 3.10 each from the bay

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Since it was too hot for soccer last night and the boys were having fun gaming together, Mama went shopping!

Found a stocking stuffer for my man. An apron for $3 that has a funny saying on it. He is my chef! But sometimes slops on his shirt lol so I think it is perfect for him. This year he has been the easiest one to pick up stuff for.
    Angela273, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I keep throwing money into a fund.

I am hoping to get one side of the family to do a build-a-bear party for the kids (we won't be making that Christmas breakfast get together this year because Christmas falls on a Sunday and my DH is a pastor). The "bear" would be from all the aunts and uncles (mom and dad too), you pay for your own children. We have one family who "doesn't need more stuffies." Well, neither do we, but the kids will have a blast and get a Christmas toy that they like. The parties provide a discount on the items. I normal spend $25 on my nieces and nephews and $50 on my own. That would give me a budget of $250 to spend on three "bears." The Ultimate party package is $50 a child.

Interested to know your thoughts on the idea. Or your experience with a Build-A-Bear party. My original thinking was a fun event for the 7 kids 5 and under!!!, reduce the #of toys and gift buying and in doing so save everyone a little stress and money. I plan to go check things out before repitching the idea...if the one family is still standing firm...I am open to suggestions.

EDIT: Saw the family on the fence about the idea early today. Now they are thinking it is a great idea. I was floored...to the point where I was worried they read this post. lol. A reminder to always be kind no matter the thoughts you are airing.
    Last edited by Granger; Sat, Aug 13th, 2016 at 01:14 PM.
    Ciel, macw1960 and thriftygranny like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I love the idea Granger! I am a huge fan of "doing". It's great for the kids to have outings/ gatherings with their cousins.
    Ciel, macw1960 and thriftygranny like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I agree an outing with cousins will make far more memories than getting stuff!!

I picked 4 ice cream pails of Nanking cherries this week and have made cherry jelly and pancake syrup to give as neighbour and friend gifts. Lots of work because they are so tiny and you need a lot to make the recipes, but it is so good!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ Oh, you are so lucky to find Nanking cherries! Where we used to live several years ago, we had a bush, as did the neighbours who let us pick theirs, so I made jelly several times. When I was growing up, we had two bushes, so mom always made it.

It's just so darned yummy, nothing matches it - so the recipients of your gifts are very lucky!
    Angela273, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

It's funny Natalka, I worked a couple of shifts at the golf course this week and noticed some of the ground keepers picking them when I drove in. I didn't even know the bushes were there so I asked if I could pick them after work and I felt like I hit the mother load. I haven't made it in years. Now that I know I have a supply it will be a regular summer to do!!
    Natalka, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Page 33 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread Information