User Tag List

Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    BIL suggested a meccano Micronoid for my almost 6 year old nephew. Said he would build it with him as 8 and up. Was in chapters just browsing and found one $54.99 but got 25% off so happy about that. Then bought one of the $80 throws for $35 for my mom to give to her Grand daughter as part of her gift.. Need to buy an our generation doll outfit or accessory for my youngest niece and she will be done and some reasonable shirt or something for nephew and he will be done. No brilliant ideas for DH.
    Oh sweet! The throw have been saving for one myself! So comfy!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    BIL suggested a meccano Micronoid for my almost 6 year old nephew. Said he would build it with him as 8 and up. Was in chapters just browsing and found one $54.99 but got 25% off so happy about that. Then bought one of the $80 throws for $35 for my mom to give to her Grand daughter as part of her gift.. Need to buy an our generation doll outfit or accessory for my youngest niece and she will be done and some reasonable shirt or something for nephew and he will be done. No brilliant ideas for DH.
    I'm with you regarding Dh. My husband's birthday is Dec 28, so a double whammy for me. I always keep an eye out for t-shirts for him, but I give them to him when I get home from the store. I don't know what to get our 15 month old son. I have a few ideas for our 15 month old daughter and 4yr old son. I haven't purchased anything yet. I just recently came up with one idea for the kitchen, which can turn into a gift for me...a fruit smoothie blender because ours is wearing out. I won it years ago from a Europe's Best contest.
    Ciel and jasperandchar like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well yesterday was a long day but happy with my haul. My plan was to redeem at SDM (had to go out of town since my SDM is not a Beauty Boutique and wanted to check out the $97 Mens Fragrance Sampler only sold at boutiques)
    Stopped at my SDM and bought $200 in Gift Cards for $200 to receive 8000 SDM pts. (Bought $60 for SDM to use for taxes when I redeem )
    Went to 6 Shoppers before I found the one to redeem at lol. Wasn't finding any deals/gifts that I wanted other then the fragrance sampler.
    Happy to find Fitbit like bracelets on clearance. Bought 3 (for boys and one for my mom) Fragrance sampler, Fancy cookies for grandma, Headphones for DS, Crackers, coffee, doritos, Cheetos (for new years gathering) Stocking stuffer chocolate for a total of $170.22 before tax

Then went to a Sportchek that gets other stores clearance items. Spent $41 total for 6 hockey t-shirts (gifts) and nice top for oldest DS that is picky!! ($271.12 would have been regular cost!!!)

So happy to have made a good dent to add to the stuff I already have. I am going to start organizing and wrapping this week

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela _273 -I'd suggest the Master Chef set with the apron for kids. There are two sets at Sears. Since DS helps you in the kitchen, I'd think he'd like a kid-sized apron. But the daycare kids might be envious!
    http://www.sears.ca/product/masterch...00132183-56101

There is no apron in the baking set: http://www.sears.ca/product/masterch...00132183-56401

As for DH-are there things during the year that DH wanted and said out loud? Maybe an orange dress shirt (for future campaign activities), driving gloves, any gadget or a replacement of something? Think about hobbies as well.

OK, I got a flannel sheet set. Cdn Tire had a shelf tag for $24.93 clearance price and there were 3 sets for double size flannel left. Today I purchased a set-it scanned at $19.93! Happy to save more. Laundered and dried the set so it's ready for the colder temperatures. I'll be sad only a little bit if I spot my desired set later in Homesense, but yours truly has new flannel and is ready for winter.

I do want to see what Sears has in stock for clothing at the store. Am contemplating a quick visit tomorrow because the Wayne Gretzky zipup merino sweaters for men are mostly sold out online. No idea if this item is in-stores. I know I won't see the Whole Home flannel (don't know which postal code is lucky to have stock in their stores).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @Angela_273 -I'd suggest the Master Chef set with the apron for kids. There are two sets at Sears. Since DS helps you in the kitchen, I'd think he'd like a kid-sized apron. But the daycare kids might be envious!
    http://www.sears.ca/product/masterch...00132183-56101

There is no apron in the baking set: http://www.sears.ca/product/masterch...00132183-56401

As for DH-are there things during the year that DH wanted and said out loud? Maybe an orange dress shirt (for future campaign activities), driving gloves, any gadget or a replacement of something? Think about hobbies as well.
    Thank you for the suggestions. My younger brother gave our son his old kids apron when they came for a short visit back in October.

As for dh, I already bought him lots of orange shirts and nice orange dress ties. I always keep an eye out for blue shirts or dress shirts for him. He looks great in blue and it brings out his blue eyes. When I asked Dh yesterday he asked for a healthy family and 8hrs sleep. I'll have to think more about your other suggestions.

edit: We could both use more iPhone 6 charger cords. They are flimsy and the twins keep getting their hands on them and breaking the wires inside.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Nov 8th, 2016 at 10:56 AM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions. My younger brother gave our son his old kids apron when they came for a short visit back in October.

As for dh, I already bought him lots of orange shirts and nice orange dress ties. I always keep an eye out for blue shirts or dress shirts for him. He looks great in blue and it brings out his blue eyes. When I asked Dh yesterday he asked for a healthy family and 8hrs sleep. I'll have to think more about your other suggestions.
    Sleep is a gift

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I texted the siblings, half bro gf and cousin asking what everyone wanted for Christmas not one person has responded. Guessing this means I can choose and they will love anything and everything I buy them.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I texted the siblings, half bro gf and cousin asking what everyone wanted for Christmas not one person has responded. Guessing this means I can choose and they will love anything and everything I buy them.
    I know that feeling how inconvenient. Seems a few people every year have the same issues with. Then once I do get the list it's over my budget or I don't have enough time to buy what's requested as the sizes or colours are picked over!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did a visit to browse the two dept. stores at Lime Ridge Mall-got Mom one pair of Jessica tights on sale. Very hard to find size C in any colour. Wanted to get a navy pair but it was only in B or in D with control top. No thank you.
    Noticed that Sears has the Wayne Gretzky zip up merino wool sweaters (online site shows only one colour avail in large or at least it did) in at least three colours plus V neck versions. The current flyer includes this brand in the 40% off sweaters until tomorrow. Not a lot of each size for each colour.

Think this is crunch time if you need a specific size for coats/clothing. Don't wait on buying.

Women's sleepwear at Sears is pretty much poly flannel or fleece. Some textured bathrobes. The Bay-has some cotton blend sleepshirt/pj bottom sets if you check the tags. There are some poly only sets. Need a large size cotton flannel nightgown for someone? I only saw one large in one of the three colourways-the other two colours are only S or M sizes. I can now appreciate that Mom found a nightgown on sale in July that she is using now.

Did not find the open stock Whole Home flannel sheets but there are sheet sets. There was a cream solid set in Double but most sets are in Queen size (about three colours).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Received my Amazon order the other day! Also received a free sample of something and the best part? the box it came in will be perfect for a Christmas gift I have to wrap

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you have a very special woman in your life that loves cotton nightgowns and you are willing to spend $$ on US sites, I have two suggestions:
    Tartan nightgowns (3 tartans to choose from) on the LLBean site (received a catalogue in the community paper on Thurs.):
    http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/613?p...es&nav=gnro-hp

White nightgown or pyjamas with red cardinal print from Catherines.com :
    http://catherines.lanebryant.com/plu...4591/index.cat
    I had posted a coupon code for online shopping in the 2016 coupons in magazines thread that may be of use.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I made my final purchase today and the thing that I was after is now sold out on the site - wow, talk about cutting it close. And it's not even December!

I now have all my gifts, all my wrapping supplies and all my baking supplies. Some assembly required.

Now all I need is chocolates, alcohol, candles, greenery.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Reitmans has a flannel pyjama set that is 95% cotton and 5% elastane-print is like blue Fair Isle. I could love this!
    http://www.reitmans.com/en/pyjama-se...start=13&sz=12

If you are signed up for Uniqlo USA emails, you can try to get the Heattech socks that are today's blockbuster buy.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have a couple of ideas for Dh. I have a couple of ideas for twin baby girl, still no idea what to get for her twin brother. I have a decent list of ideas for our son, most of the items are relatively inexpensive. He is ok with being told that he might get a certain item for his birthday or Christmas. He is currently requesting a plastic jumping frog (he played with his from a Christmas cracker until it broke), he also wants a yo-yo. I won a tablet a while ago. We want to get a new charger cord for it and make sure everything is find before I potentially buy a good case for it...Dh doesn't want me to buy a case for it because he says it is stronger than a smart phone, but I prefer to protect what I have vs having to replace it. Our smoothie blender is wearing out, so I guess we could consider that my gift even though I use it mostly for our son right now. This is the smoothie machine that I won from the Europe's Best contest a few years ago.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Tree and decorations are up! DD stared at it for a good 15 minutes remembering all the ornaments. And now that the tree is up, I can start wrapping soon

Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast

Thread Information