User Tag List

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree2879Likes

Thread: Christmas 2017 thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @Ciel: Can you use a rubber glove as a jar opener? My sister and I were eyeing the one at Lee Valley, but she said her dishwashing rubber gloves work just fine.

@Newfiescreech: Either homemade gifts like baked treats or party mix (because everyone has a potluck or visitors) or gift cards (because everyone needs to buy bread and eggs at some point). If you can get the GCs when SDM has their points back event, it's even better. Personally, I'm with Lucy Van Pelt and like the cash option because you can always use an emergency $10 or $20 or whatever in your wallet. It's only one stop shopping at the bank machine!

There's always option #3, which is to send out a Christmas survey by Thanksgiving, listing everyone's size, colour, and gift preferences with categories for snacks/goodies, books, clothes, stocking stuffers, etc. People who return their surveys get something they like, and people who don't get something random you found on sale that you think they might like. Either way, include gift receipts in case it doesn't fit or something is damaged.
    Thanks for all your awesome ideas sweet sparrow... sure appreciate you taking your time reply back .. Thanks again and have wonderful evening Take care yourself

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Sweets parrow -that's a good idea to reach for a rubber glove for the next stubborn jar lid! There are always a few gloves under the kitchen sink.Thanks! I usually try the teaspoon trick-insert either the tip of the bowl or handle under an edge of the lid to try to cause the seal to break open a smidge so the lid will turn but it failed on the coconut oil jar.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My Christmas shopping is progressing nicely. This week I bought a gift for baby girl, the one big gift for our son, and a new leather wallet for Dh, as requested.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Here is my current list of gifts, both purchased and ideas of things to look for.

4yr old son
    Magic sparkle wand - bought one from Dollarama, but haven't been able to find a new one
    Light up bouncy ball
    Rechargeable AA & AAA batteries
    Yo-yo (Dollarama $3) - Got it
    Spiderman puzzle (Dollarama $1.50) - got it
    Cars puzzle ($1.25 @ Dollar Tree) - got it
    Electric toothbrush (Pharmasave - $5 coup) - got it
    Jumping plastic frog game ($1.25 @ Dollar Tree) - got it
    New Cars jacket ($10, bought second hand but in excellent shape) - got it
    Body wash, shampoo, bubble bath
    Magic tracks x2 + fire truck & police car - ordered Dec 1
    https://www.magictrack.ca/?gclid=CPv...FQEEaQodYCABjw

16 month baby boy
    Baby toothbrush (Wal-Mart - $1 coup) - got it
    Musical toy cell phone (Wal-Mart - $10 coup, $1?OOP) - got it
    Toy car keys with sound effects

16 month baby girl
    Baby toothbrush (Wal-Mart - $1 coup) - got it
    Doll stroller ($5 second hand, couldn't find new in town) - got it
    dolls are only 11 inches long.
    Small baby girl hair clips or elastics

Me
    Good smoothie blender
    Phone charger cords
    New mesh laundry bags
    Small spring form pans to use in my new instant pot

Dh
    Phone charger cords
    Key finder device
    Blue shirts
    Leather Wallet - got it
    New otter box defender case

Our 2 adult cats - son wants to feed them more treats.
    Temptations Cat Treats (Sobeys - $0.50 CO51) - got it

Sister in University
    $25gc to Old Navy, Banana Republic, Gap (Pampers rewards points on clearance) - got it
    home made Christmas treats - will bake these personally
    family pictures - ordered

Martied couple of friends
    $25gc to Red Lobster (Pampers rewards points on clearance) - got it.

Family portraits and Christmas cards for other family members.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Dec 10th, 2016 at 03:50 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of the presents I've been meaning to buy are chokers for my friends, cousins and sisters. They're back in style and even though I'm not a fan, everyone wants one. I looked around and they seem to be make out of really cheap materials and don't look like they would last long, yet they're $10 to $20 at most places.

However Claires was having a buy 3 get 3 free promotion yesterday and the chokers were 4.99 as one of their Christmas promotions for the day. So I got 6 for $17, which made each of them around $2.80 vs $12 to $16 for each.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I texted everyone in the family asking what they wanted only 2 answered (sis and bro gf), I managed to corner one bro so they are getting what they asked for. The rest are running the risk of getting Rice Krispie Coal if I do not come up with something for them.

So far I have:
    Sterling Silver Bracelet for Mom
    Crochet Deadpool Logo for Sis (Done)
    Crochet Oakland Raisers Logo for Bro (3/4 Done)
    Crochet Baltimore Raven Logo for Bro (haven't started)
    Crochet Dora for Cousin's Little girl (Haven't started)
    Crochet Minion for Mom (haven't started)

Also was out of town for work this past week and picked up a number of stocking stuffers for Mom just need to pick up the day to day needs now for her stocking.

Bro GF wants lotion, kind of stuck on this one

Will text cousin;s wife tomorrow and ask what she wants, also tomorrow I will ask other Bro if his GF is coming to Christmas

No ideas yet for Dad and Step Mom.

Going to go do some shopping after working tomorrow since I am working in another location with better shopping options.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

ONLY FIL & ds2 left, we now have FIl's list BUT ds2 is still not adding to his list.

I need to think outside the box.

Good luck with your shopping & stress everyone
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    ONLY FIL & ds2 left, we now have FIl's list BUT ds2 is still not adding to his list.

I need to think outside the box.

Good luck with your shopping & stress everyone
    I'm stumped for my oldest too since he isn't telling me anything. Have the usual stuff, cologne sampler set from SDM, some clothing, his stocking stuff that I know he likes. He needed a new phone but since he has a job and couldn't wait he bought one. Have some gift cards for him but no idea what the "wow" gift should be.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I had to laugh at your wow gift comment. My son asked for leather and tools to start doing leather work such as knife sheaths and such. I guess this is strange gift but it will be his wow gift!!!! that stuff is pricey! He will be surprised because I told him I was done his shopping so we would have to look in the New year!
    He has a little side business waxing snowboards and skis in our garage and he is hopping busy right now so I need to go and buy some ski and snowboard wax for his stocking but other than that I am done.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    I had to laugh at your wow gift comment. My son asked for leather and tools to start doing leather work such as knife sheaths and such. I guess this is strange gift but it will be his wow gift!!!! that stuff is pricey! He will be surprised because I told him I was done his shopping so we would have to look in the New year!
    He has a little side business waxing snowboards and skis in our garage and he is hopping busy right now so I need to go and buy some ski and snowboard wax for his stocking but other than that I am done.
    It is hard because his little brother believes in Santa so I can't exactly wrap up cash/cheque from Santa lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

That is tough when one doesn't believe and one does, I was so sad when my last one decided he didn't believe, it just takes the magic away.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just a couple of stocking stuffers and lottos left. Got tree decorated, wreaths up, urns done. Mom came over this morning and we wrapped all the stuff for Christmas family. Just have to to the moms stocking. Then we went to superstore so I could help her out with some stocking stuff for dh. Now relaxing by tree with Christmas tunes and a cup of tea. Book club Christmas party tomorrow night. Always a good time!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    Just a couple of stocking stuffers and lottos left. Got tree decorated, wreaths up, urns done. Mom came over this morning and we wrapped all the stuff for Christmas family. Just have to to the moms stocking. Then we went to superstore so I could help her out with some stocking stuff for dh. Now relaxing by tree with Christmas tunes and a cup of tea. Book club Christmas party tomorrow night. Always a good time!
    Sounds like fun!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Getting the tree up tonight and decorating the inside of the house, everything is bought and wrapped and baking is well under way though I still have more to do. Just need to do some meal planning for Christmas Eve and day. Feeling fairly organized but still lots of corner cleaning to do!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I think that I'm done my Christmas shopping. I have run out of ideas for stores to shop in while on the hunt for kids keys with fob that makes noises. I have a wanted ad on our local Facebook garage sale pages, but no luck yet.

I found this play phone at Wal-Mart. I used one of my $10 Kellogg's toy coupons, so I paid $1 in tax. This is our 16 month old son's Christmas gift.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  352.7 KB
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Dec 10th, 2016 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Fixing auto correct error
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast

Thread Information