User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Print-at-home coupons

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Likely store specific; my local store thinks every couponer is a scammer even if it is a original mail out coupons with tons of security! Some people just need excuses for everything!

And about some real scammer...I don't think store should make it hard for others IF *some* are abusing coupons. Its like saying "ALL guys are bad, all A are lazy/terrorist/welfare 'bum' etc".
    MillieH and wahiariis like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Some stores just dont want to accept printables. Some of them make up weird excuses. A store by me says printable coupons are fine as long as they have print on both sides of the coupon. Huh I have never seen a printable that needs to be printed on both sides.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I refuse to waste my time printing coupons. Most stores around here won't accept them, and those that will make you feel like you are a criminal by the way they scrutinize them and call for the manager. I only get mail coupons.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

99% of the time I have trouble using printable coupon is at Walmart. I always use 1 coupon at a time but the cashier always said it's a photocopy (I swear WM trained the cashiers that way bc everyone says the same thing as soon as they see a printable). Mine is inkjet color printed original coupon. Last time I try to buy Europe's Best fruit $4 using my $2.5 off coupon. Cashier called manager over and he said can't accept the coupon because it says "manufacturer coupon" not "internet manufacturer coupon".

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    I have never had trouble.. I have never printed a coupon in colour either. Sometimes if you anticipate an argument, you get one
    Stores in my are hate printed coupons. Tried once. Never again. On argument anticipated just a straight "no"
    Colsgirl and wahiariis like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not so sure that I anticipate an argument, I am usually super excited, and reeling from the rush of saving money, but then the dreaded, I'm going to have to call my manager, and even the expressions on the cashier's face change to more stern look. So yeah I get deflated, but....luckily SDM has been pretty good with coupons, be it printed in black only or what have you. So even if I don't get to use all coupons at certain stores, I'm still pretty happy with the rewards programs there.

I guess it's a case of you win some you lose some, just would appreciate NOT feeling like a criminal when I have printed coupons in my hand.
    pippinelkhound and MillieH like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I decided to actually put in a complaint to the store that I had one of the horrible experiences at. I was using a Smartsource coupon which their website has a portal to, and I just can't get past the way she made me feel by not even having the decency to offer an explanation,other than she doesn't have to accept them.

So maybe something will come of this, maybe not. All I know is, I got it off my chest and let the company know how I was treated in one of their stores.
    MillieH and terry2144 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Personally if a cashier or store in general refuses a legit coupon for a bs reason or lack of knowledge, I leave my whole order behind and say see yah. I enjoy my shopping trips , find it relaxing, and the last thing I want is a bad customer service experience at the end. The people who do couponing properly should not be punished by hyper vigilant Store Managers, and scared or rude cashiers. For the most part most stores are fine but my integrity and my enjoyed time is more important In the bad situations to simply say keep it all and walk away not bothered at all. I am fortunate enough to have a selection of stores to never go back to the bad no matter how good a deal. Getting to know the staff so they recognize you as a loyal legit couponing customer helps as well.
    WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rayraycanuck View Post
    Personally if a cashier or store in general refuses a legit coupon for a bs reason or lack of knowledge, I leave my whole order behind and say see yah. I enjoy my shopping trips , find it relaxing, and the last thing I want is a bad customer service experience at the end. The people who do couponing properly should not be punished by hyper vigilant Store Managers, and scared or rude cashiers. For the most part most stores are fine but my integrity and my enjoyed time is more important In the bad situations to simply say keep it all and walk away not bothered at all. I am fortunate enough to have a selection of stores to never go back to the bad no matter how good a deal. Getting to know the staff so they recognize you as a loyal legit couponing customer helps as well.
    Thank you!! That makes perfect sense, I have left an entire order for the same simple reason, and I find it funny how the stores that used to be so anti-print at home coupons are now the easiest to deal with.

I guess it's just time to switch up my go to stores
    MillieH likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sometimes if a cashier makes a fuss about whether my printed coupon is legit, I tell her if she doesn't accept it, I'll line up at a different lane in the store. That has always made her go back to read the coupon again and take it as it is.
    MillieH likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well...I got a response from the store, she informed me that they tracked down the employee and spoke with her, and the real reason I was treated like a criminal she wouldn't even disclose, because it would make me really mad.

She offered me a free item, I refused. She asked me what it would take to get me back in their store, and honestly I don't know what it would take! If the real reason I was refused those 2 coupons had nothing to do with them being printed in black ink, and would make me really mad then I'm not sure if I would ever want to shop in a store like that again with or without coupons
    coupondiva likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I always go to library, because the quality of the print-out is impeccable. When I used to print at home using my printer it looked really fishy, but that's my printer ... I also find it really cheaper to print at library instead of buying ink.
    wahiariis likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information