• 2 Post By saundyl
  • 2 Post By coupon girl
  • 2 Post By walkonby
  • 2 Post By Crochetlady
  • 1 Post By ClipClap

Thread: Knitting and yarn addiction

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have to admit that I have a huge knitting & yarn addiction. Its not a frugal or cheap hobby. I try to buy on sale or at yard sales/thrift stores etc but I definitely know i have WAY too much in stockpile for yarn. My bf is VERY ok with my hoard at this point in time - at least he hasnt cut me off adding more to our room.

He has said to me are you sure you need to spend more money on yarn a couple times. I admit those times are when I point out he burns his money by smoking.

I usually give my knitting as gifts and have on occasion sold it. I'd like to sell more of it and intend to take part in some craft sales.
    I've looked at Etsy or online selling but living in the Northwest Territories I find shipping anywhere from here is ridiculously expensive.

What do others do with their knitting? I hope im not the only one with an addiction!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I hear ya Saundyl! Crocheting is my passion. And yarn? We no longer have a spare bedroom because my yarn collection has taken it over. In fact not all of it fits in the room. My excuse is that I sell what I make so I`m always buying yarn when I can find it at a good price. Living so close to the Spinrite outlet store doesn`t help either.
    Good luck with your craft sales.
    saundyl and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am in recovery. It was bad for a while. I decided to use up or toss out the scraps and balls of yarn that I had kept for so long with good intentions. There is still plenty in my storage area ( garage space ) that I just cannot part with. One day I'll use it up.
    saundyl and Crochetlady like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

its so hard to part with the yarn i've got. I have no problem saying yes to people who offer me the stuff they want to get rid of!
    Crochetlady and walkonby like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

okay I don't knit or crochet-but my mom did for about 80years -she taught herself at age 8 or 9
    -well let me tell you she couldnt pass up a sale (my kids when they were little -went to climb a mountain of yarn In her spare room as a fun game)
    -when she passed 2 years ago -I gave all her needles to her girlfriend and 3 big bags of yarn -gave some to my neighbour to knit toques for the homeless-still have premmie hats to donate one day about 10 of them -gave a bag to a fellow co -worker
    -oh and I took the most recent balls back to micheals -got giftcard for 28.00
    -as I will never learn -my hobby was couponing for 30 years and learning to drive at age 35

-I will tell you one thing ladies I remember my mom wanting to go to mary maxim -well i took her about 5 years ago -got lost 3 time but found it then we had lunch across the street a diner(mom treated)ah memories
    -I also have 3 large totes with finished baby outfits knitted and crocheted and a cedar chest with blankets -so when someone has a baby I give them mom's beautifull blanket or outfits(dont have It in me to sell them besdes I am sure I will have more grandchildren)
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Apr 27th, 2015 at 05:43 AM.
    Crochetlady and walkonby like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    okay I don't knit or crochet-but my mom did for about 80years -she taught herself at age 8 or 9
    -well let me tell you she couldnt pass up a sale (my kids when they were little -you to climb a mountain of yarn I her spare room
    -when she passed 2 years ago -I gave all her needles to her girlfriend and 3 big bags of yarn -gave some to my neighbour to knit toques for the homeless-still have premmie hats to donate one day about 10 of them -gave a bag to a fellow co -worker
    -oh and I took the most recent balls back to micheals -got giftcard for 28.00
    -as I will never learn -my hobby was couponing for 30 years and learning to drive at age 35

-I will tell you one thing ladies I remember my mom wanting to go to mary maxim -well i took her about 5 years ago -got lost 3 time but found it then we had lunch across the street a diner(mom treated)ah memories
    -I also have 3 large totes with finished baby outfits knitted and crocheted and a cedar chest with blankets -so when someone has a baby I give them mom's beautifull blanket or outfits(dont have It in me to sell them besdes I am sure I will have more grandchildren)
    what a poignant post coupon girl! ( sniff, sniff ) I taught my Mom to crochet when I learned in HS, ( up until then she could knit and sew ) but let me tell you she never looked back! She made and donated so many teddy bears to the hospitals, and blankets, many other items as well. If there was a Bazaar or fund raiser she usually donated a Queen sized bedspread to use a a prize. The winner scored big, all her blankets were amazing, soft and so warm. She has hung up her hooks though, she says she no longer has the interest....geesh in their 90's who would? lol
    Crochetlady and coupon girl like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@ coupon girl I used to love going to Mary Maxim. I used to buy crochet cotton and counted cross stitch supplies there. I live close to the Spinrite yarn outlet store so I buy my yarn there.
    I also donate baby afghans to Project Linus and a women`s shelter.
    coupon girl and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Saundyl have you ever ordered knitting supplies from Amazon (free stuff & free shipping through swagbucks) ?
    I'm thinking about ordering from there for the first time ... just wondering if people have had received good/quality purchases?
    Crochetlady likes this.

Thread Information