User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: QotD: 27 Mar 2015: Haircuts and Trims...

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Name:  03-27-2015.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  69.6 KB
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by danger_dan; Fri, Mar 27th, 2015 at 06:56 AM.
    Natalka, Lynn49, Shwa Girl and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

going to the hairdresser is part of our budget
    not just for a haircut but for new styles
    change styles once/year or even more

it can be seen as a part of your career plan, since some employers look highly on physical appearance (right or wrong)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't been to a salon for almost 2 years. The last time the stylist cut my bangs too short and they've yet to get to the length I'd like. About 3 days ago I cut about 4 or 5 inches off my pony tail.
    ROMEO, Lynn49, walkonby and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

My hair is super long and my last haircut was about 6 years ago cutting an inch off the edges. I have a yearly visit to a salon for conditioning treatment. Most of the days, I tie my hair up in a bun (have to) as I tend to sit on my hair and 100% of the time gets caught onto my jacket zipper *ouch*.
    Name:  hair.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  30.3 KB
    TaraF, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I wear my hair like this now...same colour...same sun glasses more or less...and we dress the same..lol...white jeans and various blouses, 3/4 length sleeved t-shirts are my summer unifom...I visit my hairdresser probably every 2-2 1/2months...about $80 a pop...grr.
    I tend not to wear hooker shoes anymore......and I have a lovely cane with cherry blossoms all over it and she does not! Hah!

BUT THIS IS NOT ME!!! This gal is a youngster compared to me...sigh....

Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Mar 30th, 2015 at 12:51 PM.
    ROMEO, walkonby, toban and 3 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Whoa Lynn49, the shoes!!

I grow mine long, but not nearly as long as SunandMoon. I give it until I see my first split end or when it starts getting caught in doors, zippers, etc. - about every two years. Then I chop about 13 inches off and feel lightheaded as I walk out the door. My style changes with each stylist visit, but eventually, it grows long enough that it morphs into the same style over time.

Maybe now that we have a stylist in the family, I'll be getting more bang trims with each holiday, just so I can help him practice.
    Natalka, ROMEO, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

About 8 months ago I went to the salon and got a complete overhaul. I desperately needed a change since I hadn't did anything since before DD was born. I got a cut (over 14 inches off) and a dye (quite dark, borderline black). The stylist did not want to do it, but I convinced her. lol

I've been going every 3 months since then to touch my the dye job (it looks black for the first 6 weeks or so, which I love then it fades to a very deep brown).

Looks like this without the bangs when I style it (most mornings it's in a pony tail though):

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

my hair's been very similar to this for about 7 years now.
    things is, it grows like a weed...so i'm in for a trim two weeks after the initial cut, and then for a full cut two weeks after the trim.

DANGER

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

That's a PITA Dan! I definitely couldn't commit to going every 2 weeks. I can barely do every 3 months. lol

DH is a lot like you. His hair grows very fast. A few years ago he decided to just start buzzing it to save time and money. So now I do it (bought a high end Wahl hair clipper kit on sale) . It's super easy when it's one length all around. Shorter for the Summer, longer in the Winter. Right now it's looking like this:

danger_dan and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have my hair trimmed (1/2 inch to 1 inch) every 8 weeks and a root touch up. Those pesky greys are popping up although not too bad. I use to have bangs but grew them into side swept bangs about two years ago. My hair grows like a weed. My natural color is medium brown. I did dye it darker, bordering black, but recently dyed it back to medium-dark brown with caramel highlights. She puts the highlights underneath so the grow out is not noticeable plus cheaper on the pocket book ( less highlight touch ups needed). My current hair length is touching my shoulders. It was a few inches longer this winter.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm lazy about getting trims - I'm overdue for one now. My hair is straight, just past my shoulders now. Just got long enough to put into a ponytail again.

Last big change was last summer when I cut 13 inches off to donate.
    Lynn49, walkonby, toban and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I usually have my hair very short.....but I've been trying to grow it since the fall.....it's still just to my shoulders....I went last week for a trim and got layers...it cost $34.50..... Which I think is a lot. I color it myself...this time I used the free revlon color silk ....what a mistake....I now have very brassy coloured hair.. I tried blue shampoo to tone it down....so now I will just highlight it...we'll hubby will

I cut hubbies hair. Before I became a nurse I wanted to be a hairdresser....his hair grows super fast...and he doesn't care how I cut it.

haircuts are one of those things I hate spending money on
    ....just be happy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I wear my hair like this now...same colour...same sun glasses more or less...and we dress the same..lol...white jeans and various blouses, 3/4 length sleeved t-shirts are my summer unifom...I visit my hairdresser probably every 2-2 1/2months...about $80 a pop...grr.
    I tend not to wear hooker shoes anymore......and I have a lovely cane with cherry blossoms all over it and she does not! Hah!

oh Lynn!! what a great look!! ( drop dead gorgeous actually! ) I did laugh at the hooker shoes comment though.
    Lynn49, danger_dan and terry2144 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

not a fan of salons really ( the cost is a turn off for me ) so no regular trips for me. Right now it just sits in a pony tail, I colour myself as needed to cover the greys.
    Lynn49, danger_dan and terry2144 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mine is about 2-3 inches longer than SunandMoon's. I go for a trim every second month. I keep mine in a ponytail when I am home. I don't remember the last time I had a regular haircut. I tend to go to the same salon with the same stylist.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information