User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Coupon Acceptance Guidelines have been updated

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Confusion about 2.15 though: What if you WANT to just use e-mail offer because getting 18,500 is a better deal than 20x, right?

• 2.15 All coupons that have a minimum spend requirement cannot be used or combined with other coupons that have a minimum spend requirement, e.g. In‐Store event of Spend $50 and get 20x Shoppers Optimum Points cannot be used along with an email coupon offer of Spend $75 and get 18,500 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points.

What are things getting 'worst' as I am growing further [and potential for high income is increasing? I never took advantage of those offerrrrs... ARRR]
    Last edited by Arvilish; Thu, Apr 30th, 2015 at 08:19 PM.
    amira84 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    Confusion about 2.15 though: What if you WANT to just use e-mail offer because getting 18,500 is a better deal than 20x, right?
    I have the same question. And what's worst is that they are offering 20x promo for full next week. I am having a bad feeling that they are not going to give us Friday personalized coupons.

Or if they do..... there is going to be a lot of confusions, problems and a lot of phone calls to sdm.

The other thing about there clause 2 of coupon guidelines is that.... i don't think i have read any guideline about their gift card flyer promos. For example, when they offer $20 gift card wus $75 instore. Since this is not a points promo, are we allowed to combine our big personalized coupon with this gift card promo?

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    I have the same question. And what's worst is that they are offering 20x promo for full next week. I am having a bad feeling that they are not going to give us Friday personalized coupons.

Or if they do..... there is going to be a lot of confusions, problems and a lot of phone calls to sdm.

The other thing about there clause 2 of coupon guidelines is that.... i don't think i have read any guideline about their gift card flyer promos. For example, when they offer $20 gift card wus $75 instore. Since this is not a points promo, are we allowed to combine our big personalized coupon with this gift card promo?
    I hope they will soon offer it to someone again so we can find out
    amira84 likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

The load to card offers work when redeeming your shoppers points. I redeemed $60 worth of points, got 3000 bonus points for buying Specific products, had a b1g1 deoderant offer loaded and it went through as well...also had a buy $30 on food get 8000 points in 5 days so will have to wait and see if it works or not there was a #1 there.....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jennrav View Post
    The load to card offers work when redeeming your shoppers points. I redeemed $60 worth of points, got 3000 bonus points for buying Specific products, had a b1g1 deoderant offer loaded and it went through as well...also had a buy $30 on food get 8000 points in 5 days so will have to wait and see if it works or not there was a #1 there.....

That's awesome news! Thanks for letting us know. And i'll keep spying on your profile page until you keep us posted about those 8000 bp/$30 food and snack offer.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    Customers with excessuve coupons may be asked to wait to complete their order as a coutesy to other customers
    Are you kidding me? If I wsit my turn in line my turn is my turn
    "3.2 Customers with excessive amounts of coupons in a single purchase may be asked to wait to complete their order as a courtesy to our other Customers."
    I find the issue isn't how many coupons are used in a single purchase that is holding up the line of customers, it's that SDM doesn't seem to train some of their cashiers very well when it comes to manufacturer coupons.

Once, when I used a FPC for milk at SDM, the cashier had no idea how to enter it into the cash register. She went to ask the cashier working the cash register next to her who gave her instructions. There were customers in line for both of these cashiers, so that one FPC held up two lines of customers. When the cashier came back to her cash register, she entered the FPC coupon incorrectly as code 2001 (used for $x off manufacturer coupons where you get Optimum points for the $x off), instead of 2002 (used for FPC where you don't get Optimum points), so I received Optimum points since the milk was over $1. The cashier didn't even give me the customer copy of the receipt; she placed it with the FPC in the envelope with all the other coupons used by customers; I didn't bother asking her for it since the milk was the only purchase on the receipt and I didn't plan on refunding it in the future (although I wonder if she would have done the same if I had purchased additional products with the milk, i.e. if the milk wasn't the only purchase on the receipt). In the three times I've used a FPC coupon at SDM (a different cashier in each of those three times at two different SDM locations), two of those times the cashier incorrectly used code 2001 instead of 2002, and the one time the cashier correctly used code 2002 she had another cashier help her enter 2002.

Once, when I used a printable manufacturer coupon at SDM, the cashier asked me, "did you photocopy this?",even though the coupon had "Internet coupon" on it. I answered, "I printed it off the manufacturer's website." She then went to ask another cashier if printed coupons are accepted, who answered yes. This held up the line of customers behind me.

So even when I use one manufacturer coupon, most SDM cashiers hold up the line of customers behind me, since they lack the training to deal with manufacturer coupons.
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Sun, May 3rd, 2015 at 12:09 AM.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

^ I agree 100% I have had to tell the cashier to use 2002 for fpc I help when I can and be patient when I can't but I refuse to be put aside I would leave my purchase behind as my business is just as important as the next customer
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Sun, May 3rd, 2015 at 08:21 AM.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

lol nvm
    Last edited by momof3heathens; Thu, Jun 2nd, 2016 at 12:00 AM. Reason: getting old
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information