User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Coupon Acceptance Guidelines have been updated

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Coupon Acceptance Guidelines has been updated to accept SDM coupons on mobile devices, so you can either use a mobile device or continue printing your SDM coupons. It was changed from:
    couponacceptanceguidelines.pdf (which is linked from http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/127130-...a/#post1836700)
    • Coupons from the internet and email are accepted and MUST BE PRINTED. They follow the same guidelines as pre-printed Manufacturer coupons. We DO NOT accept coupons on any electronic device such as a Smartphone, tablets, etc.
    to
    CouponPolicy-E-March3.pdf (which is linked from the bottom of every shoppersdrugmart.ca webpage)

• Coupons from the internet and email are accepted and MUST BE PRINTED. They follow the same guidelines as pre-printed Manufacturer coupons.
    • Coupons on a mobile device will only be accepted if they originate from Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix and contain a scannable bar code or a manufacturer PCID.
    The Coupon Acceptance Guidelines is different from when I viewed it last month when following the "Coupon Acceptance Guidelines" link at the bottom of shoppersdrugmart.ca webpages, so it was most likely updated on March 3 of this year (based on the "March3" in its PDF file name).

The "manufacturer PCID" probably refers to the five digit "Promo Coupon ID" found on the right of each SDM coupon from the personalized weekly email.

April 5 post edit:
    The Coupon Acceptance Guidelines has been updated again on March 31 (CouponPolicy-ENG-Revised-March31.pdf which is now linked from the bottom of every shoppersdrugmart.ca webpage). Thanks to collegekid for discovering it. The following line that was in CouponPolicy-E-March3.pdf was removed:
    • Coupons on a mobile device will only be accepted if they originate from Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix and contain a scannable bar code or a manufacturer PCID.
    April 30 post edit:
    The Coupon Acceptance Guidelines has been updated again on April 29 alongside the loadable Optimum offers website update. Except for the formatting and changing the title from "Coupon Acceptance Guidelines" to "Coupon Policy" (although the link at the bottom of every shoppersdrugmart.ca webpage still displays "Coupon Acceptance Guidelines"), noticeable differences from the March 31 Coupon Acceptance Guidelines include:
    Section 2.0 Guidelines

• 2.4 Load to Card coupons must be loaded to a Shoppers/Pharmaprix Optimum card prior to purchase.
    • 2.6 Coupons have no cash value.
    • 2.8 All sales taxes are paid by the customer at the full retail value of the product in accordance with provincial sales tax legislation.
    • 2.11 Printed coupons from the internet or email are accepted in black and white or colour.
    • 2.13 Limit of one coupon per item purchased may be redeemed during each store visit, unless the coupon states otherwise.
    • 2.14 In the province of Quebec, coupons on any products offered or sold by a Pharmacist in the course of the exercise of his/her profession are not accepted, as no coupon that applies to a drug (as defined in the Pharmacy Act) can be legally accepted in a pharmacy.
    • 2.15 All coupons that have a minimum spend requirement cannot be used or combined with other coupons that have a minimum spend requirement, e.g. In‐Store event of Spend $50 and get 20x Shoppers Optimum Points cannot be used along with an email coupon offer of Spend $75 and get 18,500 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points.
    • 2.16 The store reserves the right to restrict individual item purchase quantities to reasonable limit.

Section 3.0 General Information

• 3.1 Coupons will be reviewed at the time of purchase to ensure compliance with the details of the section 2.0 Guidelines.
    • 3.2 Customers with excessive amounts of coupons in a single purchase may be asked to wait to complete their order as a courtesy to our other Customers.
    May 27 post edit:
    The Coupon Acceptance Guidelines has been updated again at some point from April 30 to May 27. A line was added that is similar to a line that was previously added and removed (as mentioned above):
    2.4 Coupons on a mobile device will only be accepted if they are loaded to a Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix Optimum card or originating from Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix and contain a scannable bar code or a manufacturer PCID.
    List of Coupon Acceptance Guidelines:
    http://files.shoppersdrugmart.ca/cou...guidelines.pdf
    http://files.shoppersdrugmart.ca/cou...y-E-March3.pdf
    http://files.shoppersdrugmart.ca/cou...ed-March31.pdf
    http://files.shoppersdrugmart.ca/NEW...n-Policy-e.pdf
    http://files.shoppersdrugmart.ca/SDM...n-Policy-e.pdf
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Wed, May 27th, 2015 at 04:28 AM.
    torontogal12, d.ot, momi and 5 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Does anyone know if all stores are now set up to scan mobile coupons? I was just about to print my offers. I don't want to bother the staff at my 24 hour store to ask them- they're so busy at night.
    dededi likes this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Couponer View Post
    Does anyone know if all stores are now set up to scan mobile coupons? I was just about to print my offers. I don't want to bother the staff at my 24 hour store to ask them- they're so busy at night.
    Probably no scanning of coupons is required if your coupons don't have bar codes. Based on the wording (i.e. "contain a scannable bar code or a manufacturer PCID") and the SDM coupons that were sent this Friday/Saturday (which appear similar to previous weeks), I'm assuming that the only SDM coupons that are scanned are the ones with a bar code (e.g. 10x the Optimum points WUS $). I'm assuming they would manually enter all the other ones that have a PCID (Promo Coupon ID) using the keyboard of the register when you show it to them on your mobile device, which is how they do it now anyway, except they probably don't need to keep a printed hard copy of it (saving you printer ink and paper).

The personalized weekly emails don't even mention the new option of using a mobile device.
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Sun, Mar 29th, 2015 at 04:19 AM.
    Durham Couponer and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Not all locations are live with mobile scanning yet.
    momi, Durham Couponer and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I would still print them for now if you want the points. With the code, they can input it but stores can be fussy about having the paperwork and might turn you away saying they don't know what a PCID (the fact that it says manufacturer PCID makes me think they will argue it not valid on their own coupons)
    momi and dededi like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Thanks so much for posting

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I usually print my Personalized coupons, however they also haven't mind typing them in from my phone too. So it's all good, I just try to have the coupons loaded up and ready to go when the time comes.
    Anna Michele and momi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thank you for sharing this! The personalized email coupons that I get don't have any barcodes on them...so I guess not everyone can participate?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

I just checked the SDM website and it appears that the policy was revised again on March 31st. The statement about mobile device coupons now appears to have been removed.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
    I just checked the SDM website and it appears that the policy was revised again on March 31st. The statement about mobile device coupons now appears to have been removed.
    Thank you, I've updated the first post on this thread to reflect this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Coupon Acceptance Guidelines has been updated again on April 29. I've updated the first post on this thread to reflect this. It now clearly states that "WUS X get X bonus points" coupon offers cannot be combined with "WUS X get X times the points" in‐store events. It also now mentions sales taxes, which might mean that you have to pay any sales taxes on the cost of the product before "receive X dollars off" Optimum coupons now (similar to manufacturer coupons).
    Last edited by My two Canadian cents; Thu, Apr 30th, 2015 at 04:37 AM.
    Durham Couponer, Cata and amira84 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by My two Canadian cents View Post
    The Coupon Acceptance Guidelines has been updated again on April 29. I've updated the first post on this thread to reflect this. It now clearly states that "WUS X get X bonus points" coupon offers cannot be combined with "WUS X get X times the points" in‐store events. It also now mentions sales taxes, which might mean that you have to pay any sales taxes on the cost of the product before "receive X dollars off" Optimum coupons now (similar to manufacturer coupons).
    Thanks for sharing.

At least the policy is now being clear about the combination of two minimum spend coupons/events, so don't have to guess as to whether things will be accepted or not.

As they spelled this part out so clearly, it gives me hope that the situation of having a bp coupon for a specific product, plus having a x pts wus $x in a category that includes the first item, both sets of points will be added (like 800 bp on milk, when also have a 8,000 bp wus $30 on food/snacks).
    Ivanasavalot and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Customers with excessuve coupons may be asked to wait to complete their order as a coutesy to other customers
    Are you kidding me? If I wsit my turn in line my turn is my turn
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Iam so bummed at "2.15 All coupons that have a minimum spend requirement cannot be used or combined with other coupons that have a minimum spend requirement, e.g. In‐Store event of Spend $50 and get 20x Shoppers Optimum Points cannot be used along with an email coupon offer of Spend $75 and get 18,500 Shoppers Optimum Bonus Points." . Combining the WUS X get X coupons on a 20X day helped so much in accumulating points before , not anymore.
    Anna Michele and amira84 like this.
    Earn Giftcards or paypal money by searching the web, shopping online, watching videos, playing games and answering surveys with Swagbucks

PTC Site that really works Join Clixsense now !!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes zealot. I believe sdm lovers from all over Canada used to collect a ton of pts combining these offers and thus making money on their transactions. But not any more!
    But it is still better than other loyalty programs.
    ottawacouponlady likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information