User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: SCOP, It pays to Speak up!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was at Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday and the Gillette Fusion Razors I was buying rang up for the wrong price, so the cashier said she would do a price adjustment. Looking I saw her price adjustment didn't include the SCOP, so I mentioned it and got $10 off. So my Gillette Razors were now $16.99-$3.00(coupons)-$10.00=$3.99.

Why is it though that I always have to mention the SCOP when I shop at Shoppers. I've never had a cashier tell me that I'm getting SCOP because the price rang up wrong?
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought a clearence item that was tagged at $3.00 with a red sticker. After arguing about the price (uh, it was stickered and there were more on the shelf) she called the Manager who agreed to change the price to $3.00. I asked for a SCOP but was told that it was a glitch in the system as the same product was still on the shelf at regular price with a new packaging and that is why they were clearing the old ones.

Your right, we always need to ask, but then they make up their own rules anyways
    dizzyb, macw1960, Henley and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Because SDM would rather play dumb than losing money. A reminder is always needed when you scop at this store.
    dizzyb, Poirot, macw1960 and 8 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

sometimes it's as if they feel insulted that you know to ask?? Not sure why. Glad you got your $10.00 discount!
    dizzyb, macw1960, Henley and 5 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I know I always have to ask at Walmart, that's their policy so maybe the same at SDM? I once tried to SCOP something at SDM but was refused because it was on clearance, and was told that SCOP did not apply to clearance. Never hurts to ask, the worst they can say is no.
    dizzyb, macw1960, Henley and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I recall when scop was first introduced:

1- onus on customer to notice wrong price
    2 - onus on customer to ask for free
    3 - optional for stores to participate

Have to say, my memory is not what I used to be and guidelines may have changed.
    uanoor, dizzyb, macw1960 and 8 others like this.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post

Have to say, my memory is not what I used to be and guidelines may have changed.
    I believe you are correct. Don't think anything has changed.
    uanoor, dizzyb, Paapu and 4 others like this.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by majormom View Post
    I bought a clearence item that was tagged at $3.00 with a red sticker. After arguing about the price (uh, it was stickered and there were more on the shelf) she called the Manager who agreed to change the price to $3.00. I asked for a SCOP but was told that it was a glitch in the system as the same product was still on the shelf at regular price with a new packaging and that is why they were clearing the old ones.

Your right, we always need to ask, but then they make up their own rules anyways
    Scop wouldn't apply here as it was tagged with a price sticker. Still always awesome finds in the clearance area.
    dizzyb, Henley, ticul and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post

Correct, except in Quebec where scop is not optional for stores to participate.

I was once told in shoppers that the customer must ask for it to be free, it will never be given as free automatically.
    dizzyb, Paapu, Henley and 3 others like this.

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

At SDM I always have to ask for a SCOP when I find an item that qualifies and have gotten many of them over the last few years. The only SDM that totally refused a SCOP was in Winnipeg last summer while visiting family. The cashier told me that they were not participating anymore.
    dizzyb, Paapu, Henley and 4 others like this.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

At my SDM, not only do they SCOP automatically if I notice a wrong price, but they specifically tell me it will be free because it was wrong. (My RCSS is the same way.) The only time I had to mention SCOP at that location was with a new cashier.

sorry to hear your location doesn't do it automatically.
    Natalka, dizzyb, Paapu and 6 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugaboo9601 View Post
    Scop wouldn't apply here as it was tagged with a price sticker. Still always awesome finds in the clearance area.
    once I saw Quo brush set at the clearance area with a pink sticker $5, I pick it up and left it with my other stuff at the cosmetic desk and told her I'm not finish shopping. after I pay I check my receipt and notice its $25, I told her there's a sticker, she told me its not for quo brush! so i paid 25.today I went to another shoppers and they refuse to take $20 Vichy coupnon
    Last edited by xueer246; Mon, Mar 30th, 2015 at 04:34 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe they are scared up the in the capital! I'm just saying! lol
    Henley, ticul, d.ot and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nina1 View Post
    Maybe they are scared up the in the capital! I'm just saying! lol
    lol, nope...SCOPs are always an issue at my SDM too (cashiers call in managers, etc...sometimes a whole army of them come up to the register lol). This is the same location that is no longer accepting coupons on sale items. See ya...! Time to find a new location lol

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

The only place that I've had SCOP offered automatically is at the grocery store (specifically No Frills or Loblaws). Anywhere else, if I don't mention it, I only get it for the corrected price.

Re: stickered items: What Bugaboo9601 said. If the item has a price directly on it, SCOP should not apply.
    Last edited by dizzyb; Mon, Mar 30th, 2015 at 04:00 PM.
    Jesus saves!
    SWAGBUCKS pays for so many of my housewares... http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/DizzyB

So many ways to earn at Mintvine https://mintvine.com/users/register/...9d2f2fe5be93d3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information