User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Sick of bad drivers and how they like to hit and run!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Meh someone at sometime scratched the paint on my passenger side rear bumper either pulling in or out of a parking spot. Someone hit the other side 6 months ago and It was witnessed by someone so they had to own up and cover the insurance so It was all painted new and within months the other side is now scratched..

No point of ever buying a new car, because some moron will just wreck it!
    LEARN TO DRIVE/PARK PEOPLE!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    terry2144, Arvilish and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, so sorry, I know it hurts. And people like that are arses.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The retailers also are getting greedy ..they are trying to squeeze in as many parking spaces & spots on their lots as possibles..not following the guidelines..narrowing the parking lanes etc..making their parking lots quite dangerous. Lot of serious accidents taking place thesedays just in lots !!..not even talking about nicks & scratches !

Some of their parking spots are quite dangerous..lot of blind spots, backing out right into the main thoroughfare with heavy traffic, no proper signs, lane markings etc, weird places to put the shopping carts with carts sticking out of the space, pedestrians just walking anywhere in the lot due to not much space provided for them

I see close calls in the parking lots everyday ..more so in winter ..they barely clear the lot & salt it & just pust the snow in a couple of places leading to more lost parking spaces & hazards
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Wed, Apr 1st, 2015 at 06:01 PM.
    Tommycoupons, terry2144 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I once saw an elderly lady drive her boat of a car into a parking spot at the mall. She hit the bumper of the car in the spot beside where she was trying to park. The car she hit was hit hard enough that it shook the car. The lady kept on pulling into the spot. She got out of her car and I said "mam you just hit that car" and she replied with NO I DIDN'T. The car clearly had her bumper paint on it but she didn't even know she hit it and kept walking away. I left a note on the car that she hit explaining what I saw.

I was flabbergasted that she didn't even know she had hit the car and then continued to deny it.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have about 4 dings in my car all from the parking lot where I live...very frustrating. I know a couple of really bad drivers. I have no idea how they ever passed. Funny thing is they actually think they are great drivers.
    Tommycoupons and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ya I usually park as far away as possible in parking lots where nobody is even around, but half of the time I come out and some clown parks right next to my car as close as possible. like seriously there's all these empty spots why do you have to park right next to the only car around???... grrrrr

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

my hubby had his car hit soo bad it bent the back wheel so badly it had to be towed away.. no note no nothing.. well other then pieces of broken headlight from the other car left around.. discovered that it was a arsehat in our building that did it (hubby's paint was all over his front bumper and the peices of broken headlight matched up with the guys car) he also filed a "hit and run" report with ICBC

my car is also dotted with spots from people opening their door into my car.. and a scrape on my front bumper from someone too..

i do agree a big part of it is that parking lots are making the spaces slightly tighter when the average car is getting larger not smaller (people drive mini vans and SUV's more then they drive 4 door cars)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    my hubby had his car hit soo bad it bent the back wheel so badly it had to be towed away.. no note no nothing.. well other then pieces of broken headlight from the other car left around.. discovered that it was a arsehat in our building that did it (hubby's paint was all over his front bumper and the peices of broken headlight matched up with the guys car) he also filed a "hit and run" report with ICBC

my car is also dotted with spots from people opening their door into my car.. and a scrape on my front bumper from someone too..

i do agree a big part of it is that parking lots are making the spaces slightly tighter when the average car is getting larger not smaller (people drive mini vans and SUV's more then they drive 4 door cars)
    They also seem to be making the approaching lanes narrower , reducing the turning radius.

I literally have to go into the opposite lane , into oncoming traffic, if I want to park my car on my side, to get enough turning radius ..quite dangerous for me & the opposite driver.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since I work in a mall, there's always a high probability that I'll get a ding unless I park at the far end. I noticed a new one yesterday when I got off work. My previous vehicle had a lot of dings by the time I traded it in. About a week ago I was in the Superstore parking lot and someone was parked a bit diagonally in my spot with me. I barely got the door open enough to get in and had considered getting in from the passenger side. When my door was open and touching theirs, I didn't even care.

I appreciate stores, like Costco, who have wider spots to use. Even though that doesn't always solve the problem. I once had a guy parked in front of me who was bumper to bumper. They happened to come out the same time we did and smiled at me when I noticed the bumpers were touching. Common sense would have told most people to back up a couple of inches.
    terry2144 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know I'm going to get some slack for this..but I've noticed in my area it's usually seniors or new immigrants who are not used to driving in our country..for the seniors I don't go to shoppers on seniors day, I did that once and I couldn't believe what I saw..as for the new immigrants, in my opinion and in my experience some do not signal they do not check their blind spot, they cut in the lane..I know not everyone does this, and I know that Canadians, teenagers and a lot of other people are bad drivers, but in my experience if someone cuts me off or is driving badly most of the time when I look it's a senior or an immigrant..let the hating begin!! P.S. I really do love everyone, this is just my experience when driving!!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I agree about the parking lots being dangerous. Just the other day at Target there was a car totally demolished smack dab in centre of one of the lanes I couldmt believe it no one around either (very strange)
    As for the shopping carts I was pulling into a spot at a metro when I had to back up I figured I'd just keep backing q up into the open space behind me. Bam I got out to see thst i hit a cart I checked the other car but it didn't seem to have been hit by the cart oh boy who leaves a cart in a parking space
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Thu, Apr 2nd, 2015 at 08:25 AM.
    terry2144 likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Never owned a new car and probably never will. It's depreciates in value immediately after leaving the lot and when I think of the amount of time I spend in it I would rather put my money in real estate. I just don't give a damn about it. Sorry for your loss though. Unfortunately you can't babysit the car and you pretty much have to if you want to catch people who do the damage. So I always buy used and cheap cars so that if they die my loss is minimal and no monthly payments and I have has some UGLY cars! But I sleep well!
    Tommycoupons and terry2144 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

That drives my husband batty! Me too, but if you ever wanted to see a rant in action, go park next to the red truck at the far end of the parking lot, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Ya I usually park as far away as possible in parking lots where nobody is even around, but half of the time I come out and some clown parks right next to my car as close as possible. like seriously there's all these empty spots why do you have to park right next to the only car around???... grrrrr

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Nina1 View Post
    Never owned a new car and probably never will. It's depreciates in value immediately after leaving the lot and when I think of the amount of time I spend in it I would rather put my money in real estate. I just don't give a damn about it. Sorry for your loss though. Unfortunately you can't babysit the car and you pretty much have to if you want to catch people who do the damage. So I always buy used and cheap cars so that if they die my loss is minimal and no monthly payments and I have has some UGLY cars! But I sleep well!
    lol ya my last car was a 93 and I upgraded to an 05 last year. The 93 I didn't even bother to clean it, but my "new" one I like and want it to look good
    terry2144 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    I know I'm going to get some slack for this..but I've noticed in my area it's usually seniors or new immigrants who are not used to driving in our country..for the seniors I don't go to shoppers on seniors day, I did that once and I couldn't believe what I saw..as for the new immigrants, in my opinion and in my experience some do not signal they do not check their blind spot, they cut in the lane..I know not everyone does this, and I know that Canadians, teenagers and a lot of other people are bad drivers, but in my experience if someone cuts me off or is driving badly most of the time when I look it's a senior or an immigrant..let the hating begin!! P.S. I really do love everyone, this is just my experience when driving!!
    Well it is true. The guy that hit my bumper 6 months ago was from China on a learners licence from my province and the mandatory licensed person that was with him in the car only had a Chinese Drivers licence. I didn't even think that was legal, but the vehicle they were driving was insured. i think it belonged to someone else.
    terry2144 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information