• 2 Post By Anna Michele
  • 1 Post By all about saving
  • 1 Post By FallenPixels
  • 3 Post By Zonny

Thread: Air Miles Bonus Miles Question

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

OK, so I recently have gotten more into air miles lately (I've been handing my card over for 15ish years and not paying attention to it). I just discovered that there is a difference between dream rewards and cash rewards (I've been accumulating for dream rewards apparently). So I switched over to cash rewards. So Friday I went to metro and bought 3 quaker rice cakes items for the bonus 10 air miles (in the flyer this week) and yesterday I bought three apple juice for 15 bonus air miles (last week's sale - had a raincheck). Both bonus points showed up on my receipt but when I log onto my air miles account my cash rewards balance still says 0 and my dream rewards balance has not changed. And the 10 miles from Friday did not show up on my receipt yesterday. Does it take a few days for bonus miles to show up on the account like optimum? Tyia
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Metro
    terry2144 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can only tell you how Safeway works. When you buy items usually friday/saturday is the cutoff for that week and then they are added the following thursday or friday so 5-7 days later. If you buy on a sun or after you will be waiting till the next thursday or friday so 8-12 days later. Hope this helps!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

it can take a while with Metro, I have never figured out the timing a but it is never instant.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I shop at Sobeys, same thing happens, it is not instant. Normally it's within a week for Sobeys, NSLC seems to put theirs on about once a month. Technically, they have something crazy like 60 days for 'bonus' miles to show up (which I think is ridiculous). If it's a lot of bonus miles, I will save my receipts to ensure I get them. Over the weekend I bought enough Sobeys gift cards to get 190 miles, haven't gotten them yet, but am keeping my eye on it. Also participated in a bonus offer through AMEX recently that's supposed to get me 700, but I don't have those yet either.
    Angela273, terry2144 and smcrae79 like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Wow they really should be immediate is it yhe same at metro it shows on the till 20 AM but no balance on the receipt.
    You would think with all the new stores on board they would consider thst customers want their points instantly
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Thanks everyone. I tried to do a quick inquiry on the air miles website and apparently it can take up to 120 days! That's insane! Who the heck keeps track for that long?! So far, my best points system is the pc one...
    Zonny likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Metro is usually 4-5 days for regular points and 2-3 weeks for bonus miles (which sadly is faster than many Air Miles stores)

It is really frustrating to wait 4 months to put in a request for missing points and hold on to receipts/flyer ads to prove them. I can't think of any issues with Metro, but most of my Staples orders need requests
    all about saving likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Metro is usually 4-5 days for regular points and 2-3 weeks for bonus miles (which sadly is faster than many Air Miles stores)

It is really frustrating to wait 4 months to put in a request for missing points and hold on to receipts/flyer ads to prove them. I can't think of any issues with Metro, but most of my Staples orders need requests
    Agreed, it's VERY frustrating. Sometimes I think they're hoping you'll forget about those miles after a few months and not pursue them. And I'm sure that for some, that's what happens.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ALL right,thanks
    areeba

Thread Information