User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Ziploc changes products to cheap garbage BEWARE!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well Ziploc recently made changes to their bags and containers. I used to think Ziploc was a high quality brand and now that's not the case. I recently purchased new ziploc brand containers and the lids are all just snapping apart/cracking. I looked on their facebook page and the comments they have are either complaints about the bags now smaller, thinner and ripping apart easy. The containers are the bigger complainer as all the complaints are about the lids just breaking apart. What I used to think was a quality brand has now changed to crap quality in a cheap attempt to increase profits. Buy at your own risk!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    macw1960, ticul and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Contact them and let them know.

I went to their FB page and saw only one complaint about the lids.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Contact them and let them know.

I went to their FB page and saw only one complaint about the lids.
    There's quite a few you have to click show more comments here:

"Why are all the lids breaking on my brand new ziploc containers? You changed the design and now they are complete crap! One use only? i will never buy your products anymore!"

"New vs old Ziploc med freezer bags. New ones are smaller, and this is the second one that has split just from opening it! I'm concerned. I've always purchased Ziploc, now I'm unsure about your new quality standard"

"I bought 2 boxes of XL and 2 boxes of the Jumbo space saver bags, I have tried one box of each and not one of those four bags hold air, everyone has a leak, I believe that it possibly could be from the way they are folded. I initially had 4 quilts in the jumbo and went down to one quilt and it still fluffs back up"

"Rather disappointed in your Ziploc Slider Bags, Smart Zip NOT so Smart ...
    1st they aren't as big as the other brand bags of this same sz. as the zipper if partly in the way, so you need to make them bigger &
    2nd one of the few that we're using has broke @ the top of it, the bag has separated from the slide zipper part, so it's of NO use to us anymore !!! frown emoticon"

"So after buying the large 'One-Press seal' Ziplock containers, I had the top of one of the containers break after only opening it twice. It's obvious that the plastic is too brittle, as the whole 'opening tab' just snapped off. Very disappointed, I'll avoid these in the future."

"Extremely disappointed with the Space Bags. I have bought two boxes of mixed sizes, and at least half the bags have leaks. They aren't good quality. The material is too thin and has or develops pinholes. I do not recommend this product at all - waste of money."

"Good afternoon,
    I just wanted to let you know that I have bought the New Ziplock freezer bags with a tab, Recently, I had to throw bags out because they were tearing apart where you open them. And that was happening when I first wanted to use them. A real lost of money. I was even thinking of changing brand. Nicole"

"Yeah - not happy about the new sizes. I was a fan of interchangeable lids and now you change everything. No reason for me to use Ziploc any more."

"What happen to this Ziploc? Almost every bag has a hole.!!!

"

"Dear Ziploc
    Your new containers are crap. Not only can you NOT mix n match with the older shaped ones but THREE of the new lids have broken within a couple weeks of purchase.
    That is all."

"Your new containers break too easily. The old ones lasted a long time, these new ones shatter at the slightest drop. Seriously, I've had to throw them out after a 3 inch drop onto the counter. Any chance of updating the new design so it lasts a bit longer?"

"Is anyone else getting ice crystals in their Ziplock bags.????"

"Just want to say I have three kids in school. I pack fruit, snacks and sandwhiches in Ziploc sandwhich bags. I went to make my husband and 3 childrens lunch for school/work tomorrow and let me tell you I am SUPER disappointed. I have one box of sandwhich bags and every single baggie I opened the baggie ripped. Most only an inch and the rest 2 inches making many baggies useless. I dont know if process has changed in making the baggies or if Ive just had bad luck. A few malfunctions I can handle but so far EVERY single one I opened to fill broke.... Feeling like you should know...Sincerely a frustrated mom in BC, Canada"

"Brand new, first time used from pack sold by Costco. I just wanted to dip into some Xmas leftovers. Sad face.

"

"Hi there. We just bought your club pack from Costco, and two of the lids have already broken. Noticing the lids become brittle when cold. Just went to dip into some Xmas holiday leftovers, lifted the lid at the tabbed corner, and both container lids had large pieces break right off. Not happy at all!! This will be the last Ziploc purchase I make."

"What happened to the lock in ziploc? The new containers are awful. The plastic is cheaper quality and the lids won't shut. Now I have to put elastics around them. It used to be my container of choice. I will now be switching to rubbermade"

"Good morning, last week we bought the plastic ziploc club pack at costco. I am extremely sad to see the design and size are more attractive but the quality is lot less. In fact there is already 2 containers that are broken."

Last edited by Tommycoupons; Thu, Apr 2nd, 2015 at 12:22 AM.
    macw1960, walkonby, ticul and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yes, it is true! two of my containers lids broke that same way, but I did not even freeze them. The quality has gone downhill for sure.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"This last batch of medium freezer bags is significantly lower in quality than I'm used to from Ziploc. The ziplock barely zips & the bag is thinner! Have you changed the product? I purchased it at Walmart as part of a value pack and I'm hoping it was a one off. Normally love your bags!"

"
    I purchased your products at Costco and so far am very disaponited. I bought a set of plastic containers and the lids have broken after one use and they also leak..."

"
    I have now clue what has changed in your product, but I will never buy another sandwich or snack bag from Ziploc. The plastic quality has changed and it is very cheap and thin, and t if if you can even get them to close,( that is if they don't rip on the ends when you open it), it won't stay closed and food doesn't stay fresh. Glad and President Choice is a far better product"

"
    So much for useable in the freezer. Didn't even get one use out of it before it snapped and shot shares of plastic all over.

]

Ziploc mega ‪#‎fail‬ 3/4 new containers ‪#‎snapunderpressure‬

macw1960, walkonby, ticul and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yes, it is true! two of my containers lids broke that same way, but I did not even freeze them. The quality has gone downhill for sure.
    Heh I knew I wasn't crazy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

My mom said the same thing!
    macw1960, walkonby, ticul and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Wow, I had no idea about this, especially them being sneaky with the bag sizes! Will avoid purchasing Ziploc baggies from now on.
    macw1960, ticul and dededi like this.
    Shop online often? Join ebates.ca to get cashback on your purchases! I have earned over $230 to date.

Always looking for Pampers Gift To Grow codes! If you don't use them, please RAOK them to me.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

the only ziplock containers i love and swear by are the twist and seal ones.. those are awesome.. otherwise they leak and warp
    macw1960 and dededi like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Heh I knew I wasn't crazy
    you know as far as the actual Ziploc baggies go, I am still using from my stockpile from about 3 yrs ago when so many were free! Those bags seem fine. ( size and strength ) Guess when they run out I will have to find another brand to use. Why do companies always try to sacrifice the quality to make more dough!!?

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Their cost-cutting measures are taking a toll on the quality of their products.
    macw1960, LIVE SIMPLE and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I noticed their bags are thinner and decided there's no point in paying more for a product that has lowered their quality. I bought one set of containers, but didn't like them because they are smaller. Did they honestly think no one would notice?
    macw1960 and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I find that lots of items are made cheap now. Thank you for the info. Tommycoupons......................
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Yep Rubbermaid ones suck now too. Same thing with the lids cracking when you freeze them. I had a couple shatter like glass. And the containers are so thin that they bubble and food burns to them in the microwave. Fabulous products. Think I'll go with glass from now on.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I get my freezer bags from Dollarama and they are just as good as Ziploc brand.
    walkonby likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information