User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Store Treating Tear Pads as Peelie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I have not rant in a while but this gets me. There is this Coop in SK that gets tear pads, taped to the products, and that makes it like a peelie. i.e. Starbucks Frappuccino had the $1 TEAR PAD coupon attached via TAPE. Store does that so people buy their expensive products i.e. Starbucks was $3.49 there but SDM across the street has it for $2. Com'on I want to save my coupons for best deal... I have seen them do that repeatedly with tear pads [Uncle Ben, Revlon tools etc.]. In ALL cases, they attached the tear pad to most expensive product i.e. $8 Uncle Ben, $15 Revlon etc.

I don't eat Uncle Ben but I thought I will give an example

Arrr
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Starbucks, Via Rail
    torontogal12 and terry2144 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you know that they are not a peelie,then I would remove them and use them when they come on sale. The manufacture didn't put them as a peelie so I have no problem with you taking them off. If the owner says anything say you will call the manufacture and tell them how the store is using their coupons...

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would do the same as PP.
    terry2144 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Agree with previous posters. I wonder if the store is just trying to make it more obvious to people who ignore coupons. "Look, our products cost less than the sticker price! We make it so easy for you to save money"
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Manufacturers aren't going to care what the store is doing with their coupons ....how a store uses the coupons is up to the store - as long as they are meeting the terms and conditions of the coupon for redemption.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The MF pays reps to hang tearpads in paid for locations in the store.
    torontogal12 and terry2144 like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Durham Couponer View Post
    The MF pays reps to hang tearpads in paid for locations in the store.
    Exactly. It's not the store doing it.
    terry2144 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Its only this store and ya it is in Saskatoon....

I really wanted to take it too [and had must-resist moment] but I fear I would be so kicked out! #TooChicken
    terry2144 and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Coupons are put out to tempt you to purchase the product while you are in the store. They are not put out for people to save for future use, swaps, or to be sold on.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Coupons are put out to tempt you to purchase the product while you are in the store. They are not put out for people to save for future use, swaps, or to be sold on.
    You are right about them not to be for swaps or to be sold. But I don't think manufacturers care if you buy it now or later. They just care that you buy it period. If they wanted you to use it right away they would make the expiry very short.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've seen it done at Safeway in the past, but not recently.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I don't agree with that because it goes against being 'smart couponer'. I have seen so many people just buy EVERYTHING from 'recent inserts' and thats nut. I want to stretch my dollar until I am full time worker. But then couponing is a skill too!

I agree people should not be sold and I don't sell any! [But then how will I buy coupons I really need? Ok I am giving mix opinion]. Recently, I have stopped buying the coupons from auction sites because price is way higher. I would rather give it as roak then charge it. Couponing is not really that hard/ And ya trading is like bartering; harder to achieve; But thats a different story!

Anyway: conclusion is that coupons should not be used for swaps or sold but we should be allowed to use them whenever we want. I saw workers putting it; if manufacturer wanted us to use it right away, then they should use peelie, which of course cannot be taken out without purchasing the product!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Oh my...my post looks like a crap; its final time so I guess I am back to studing!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i've seen this happen at a few stores around here
    Last edited by Midnightly; Sat, Apr 11th, 2015 at 12:40 AM.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree. I can't remember the last time I saw coupons left on a tear (sp?) pad.
    Some stores might be taping on products due to some shoppers taking ALL the coupons.
    Intent is to "share the wealth", so to speak.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information