• 2 Post By Midnightly
  • 1 Post By Arvilish
  • 1 Post By barbis9
  • 1 Post By Mia

Thread: Target - Sonia Kashuk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Recently at Target I purchased some Sonia Kashuk products that were on sale. One of these products was a lip liner. When I opened the sealed package I found the product covered in a white film, and I tossed it out.

I contacted Sonia Kashuk hoping to get an exchange as the product was bad. In response they sent me this reply and had the nerve to say that should I be shopping at Target in the US - to try their products.......grrrrr!! I consider this crappy customer service. What are your thoughts? Should I send a response back?

The Sonia Kashuk response:

Thank you for contacting us! We sincerely appreciate your support of the brand and hope to keep you happy with every new product we put out. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our Lip Definer. Unfortunately all merchandise is owned and distributed by Target so I cannot offer any sort of refund, monetary compensation or replacement. Moreover we regret to say that due to the closure of Target stores in Canada all sales within Target Canada were final. I apologize for the inconvenience and I'd like to thank you very much for your feedback, we truly appreciate it! We will consider this for future productions and are sharing your comments manufactures.
    We regret greatly not being able to be of more help and of not being able to continue servicing our Canadian customers. Sonia Kashuk Beauty sincerely appreciates your support and hopefully if you're ever in the US you will try our products. If you ever need help with anything please feel free to email us, we always love to hear from you!
    Thanks!
    Sonia Kashuk Team
    Sonia Kashuk, Inc.
    This thread is currently associated with: Target

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, that's one serious slap in the face. Sounds like a boycott of Sonia Kashuk products is needed.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

I wouldn't expect them to do anything about it.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Wow...
    barbis9 likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

it sounds to me that Sonia Kashuk is a target in store house brand of make-up so there isn't really much they can do.. they can't offer an exchange since there is no place to exchange it or replace it nor be able to offer a refund since the items were sold to you by a liquidator (technically not target) i would not be surprised if they just want to wash their hands of Canada because they probably arn't too thrilled/willing to put in great customer service since a good chunk of their product was sold at super steep discounts (70-90% off)

is there a chance you could just sharpen the lip liner and remove the top layer and it will be perfectly fine.. i know i've often bought pencil crayons with white on the colour area (quality crayola ones) and a simple sharpen and it works perfectly
    barbis9 and Mia like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

True but even the beloved Target who went through such disaster NEVER replied such way.

I think Sonia Kashuk would have just said 'sorry blah blah, but unfortunately, unable to help you etc ' instead of 'cannot compensate you; come buy us from US now etc'. I think in the end, its the expression that matters.

I remember that I referred my non-couponer friend to couponing and one site [cannot remember which one] cancelled his sampling order. When he enquired about it, the response was so pathetic and crazily rude that I was shocked, even though his e-mail was not rude at all. Of course, he never ordered samples again!
    barbis9 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    True but even the beloved Target who went through such disaster NEVER replied such way.

I think Sonia Kashuk would have just said 'sorry blah blah, but unfortunately, unable to help you etc ' instead of 'cannot compensate you; come buy us from US now etc'. I think in the end, its the expression that matters.

I remember that I referred my non-couponer friend to couponing and one site [cannot remember which one] cancelled his sampling order. When he enquired about it, the response was so pathetic and crazily rude that I was shocked, even though his e-mail was not rude at all. Of course, he never ordered samples again!
    I agree. It was the way they said it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    it sounds to me that Sonia Kashuk is a target in store house brand of make-up so there isn't really much they can do.. they can't offer an exchange since there is no place to exchange it or replace it nor be able to offer a refund since the items were sold to you by a liquidator (technically not target) i would not be surprised if they just want to wash their hands of Canada because they probably arn't too thrilled/willing to put in great customer service since a good chunk of their product was sold at super steep discounts (70-90% off)

is there a chance you could just sharpen the lip liner and remove the top layer and it will be perfectly fine.. i know i've often bought pencil crayons with white on the colour area (quality crayola ones) and a simple sharpen and it works perfectly
    I did clean it with rubbing alcohol and tried sharpening it but no colour came out of the pencil. And even if they couldn't help me in Canada then even sending a coupon to use in the US would have been a nice gesture. I doubt I will shop in Target in the US. Not just for this but for the overall Target mess in Canada. I prefer the US Walmart over US Target anyday.
    Mia likes this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

The lip liner was very old that's why it caused problems to you. I suspected (and my suspects came truth) that US Target got rid of old stuff sending them to Canada (especially items which don't need to reveal an expiry date, e.g., here lip liner).

Kashuk's business is connected with Target and directly depends on their policy (see my above opinions). That's why even if she wanted to help you she couldn't do that.

Of course, their reply was rude but the rudest thing was trying to sell us, Canadians, all the expired, and often left-over products in Canada with sky-high prices (comparing to the US). Honesty is a virtue not a disadvantage.
    barbis9 likes this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it's useless to write them anything alse

Thread Information