User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Heartbroken

OgresWife
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

We're moving. When? no idea yet, just "soon".

I'm heartbroken because so many things failed while we were here, and its resulting in everyone getting what they want, except me.
    I can't go into the details, but its work related for my DH. I have to move away from my hometown, where most of my family is to move to a place I hated living in before. I will also be responsible for most of the move because my husband will be transferred and moved first. Its two hours away, and we don't drive.

I missed out on the great samples lately because I have no idea when we will be getting a date to move. I used the samples to build gift baskets for Christmas, and little treats for myself.

I'm heartbroken, miserable and been crying off and on for three days.

I need some light
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Poor you OgresWife! DH and I had a similar situation before we got married! It is crazy and the moving is stressful enough, and, having to do it all on your own with no help is tough! But, your a strong person, and, once your settled things will get easier! I know right now it doesn't seem that great, but, I promise you it will get better! Try to take it one minute, one hour and one day at a time. Try to stay positive, and, remember even though there is no sunshine now, the sun always breaks through!

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I agree, it always gets better! I've moved 7 times and it has always worked out. You end up making a new life and it turns out better than before. Hang in there!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MTLcouponer View Post
    I agree, it always gets better! I've moved 7 times and it has always worked out. You end up making a new life and it turns out better than before. Hang in there!!
    That is very encouraging! OgresWife, I hope you can make peace with everything that is happening right now, the tears should eventually stop and at some point you will rise above all of this. Wishing you strength to do all the packing for the move.

babies teach us acceptance

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had something similar happen to me a few years ago. I thought it would be a "new start" but it ended up being pure hell. I moved back after a few years. Just remember this may just be a small phase in your life. I look back and realized during my horrible mistake to move, that I did learn some valuable lessons. You'll be ok don't worry.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

If it helps, OP, you are 2 hours away. You may still be able to take short trips to see your family and friends on holiday weekends

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hugs.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Hugs. I had a similar thing - I moved from Hamilton to Regina SK - away from my best friends and all my family and I don't have any family except in Edmonton. There is nothing to do here and no concerts except travelling to Winnipeg. sigh..saving money for a plane trip now. It does get better and moving is life experience.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We moved 6 years ago and I have to say I am more homesick then ever.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Just remember that your loved ones still love you no matter how far away you are. And we love you here on SC!

My mom tells me that back in the 80s she'd have to call her mom in once a month because she couldn't afford it ($100 phonecalls!).

Now Skype is free, AND you get to see people too. You can take a bus two hours for a lot less than a round the world plane ticket. I know it seems bad now, but Skype will be your friend.

Don't worry about the samples, there are always more! Hugs
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Best wishes to you and your family. I hope you get some help with the move!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm sure everything will work out. I have moved many times away from my family and hated it too, but you have to remember they are only a call away and not that far that you can't go visit them. You will make new friends where you move which will help a lot.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I moved from the US (North Carolina), to here.
    It sucks, I do miss my family (especially my grandmother). But...you get used to it. You move on, you get happy. You find things that are better, and you find things that aren't so great, but life goes on, and you'll find your happiness.
    Best of luck.~
    emg and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Understand, last time I moved was difficult too. I don't do well with change in general although that is one thing for sure in life is that things change. I hope they change for the better for you and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Its always hard to move out of your comfort zone. Luckily its only 2 hrs for you ..I know people who travel 2 hrs each way just to get to work ..either by public transit or driving

imagine how immigrants, who come to this country must be feeling ! ..new country , new people, new language, new weather , new system ..everything new ..most of them can't see their families for years !
    Durham Couponer likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information