User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: personalized coupons for BP's, and manufacturer's coupons. How does it work at SDM?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Thanks, just one questuon, did they enter your coupons as 2001 or 2002?
    Thanks
    My experience has been that the 8k pts wus $30 on food works with fpcs (2002s). My understanding is that the computer adds up the items within that category and awards the points based on that total. While I haven't tried it with fpcs, I would expect another category/department coupon such as 16k wus $60 on cosmetics would work the same. In your case however, it sounds like your coupon is a store-wide coupon which may be processed differently. If the computer just reads the total or base points instead, like it would with a 20x coupon or on a 20x day, they wouldn't be awarded.
    anisa, ROMEO and momi like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Thanks
    maple7 likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My response was generic to what Anne said. Nothing personal to you, nor assumptions or bad thoughts. Too be honest I just read the threads and don't personalize anything. Sorry you took it that way. Take care.
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

No worries
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I am happy to confirm that my original response to op's question was in fact wrong. Today I used my 8000 pts wus $30 on food/snacks coupon, and used two fpcs with it and was awarded the points. My before coupon total for food was $30.31, so the $8 in fpcs definitely counted towards my $30. Thank you to those of you that have chimed in recently that fpc do count. I wouldn't have tried it otherwise.

So it seems that the only time that the value of an fpc doesn't contribute to the threshold for points is if it's a 10x, 15x, 20x type of offer.

If it's an get x points wus x$, it seems to work. As a result, I would think this means that fpcs count in the $75 threshold on get 18,500 pts wus $75 days.
    anisa, Anna Michele, momi and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

fpc = manufacturer coupon??

Thanks.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Fpc is free product coupon, generally referring to one issued by the manufacturer
    WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.
    R

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Super807 awesome!

I missed my chance this week, I wasnt able to get back to the store.
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post
    fpc = manufacturer coupon??

Thanks.
    Yes, was a manufacturer coupon, and was entered as code 2002 by cashier.
    WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I got the same BP personalized offer this week... May just get it this time!
    super807 and maple7 like this.
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    I am happy to confirm that my original response to op's question was in fact wrong. Today I used my 8000 pts wus $30 on food/snacks coupon, and used two fpcs with it and was awarded the points. My before coupon total for food was $30.31, so the $8 in fpcs definitely counted towards my $30. Thank you to those of you that have chimed in recently that fpc do count. I wouldn't have tried it otherwise.

So it seems that the only time that the value of an fpc doesn't contribute to the threshold for points is if it's a 10x, 15x, 20x type of offer.

If it's an get x points wus x$, it seems to work. As a result, I would think this means that fpcs count in the $75 threshold on get 18,500 pts wus $75 days.
    @super807 , I believe fpcs work with department coupons and product coupons or points. It depends on what the computer checks to see how much you've bought. If I recall correctly, they do not work on 18,500 days or 20x days, since the computer checks the total/base points). I expect that if you use an fpc coupon with 20x product bonus points for example, you will still get the points. Hopefully someone will correct me if this is incorrect.
    super807 and momi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with Maple7. I wouldn't risk it for 18500.

I had 800pts on 2L or less milk this week, used my 1L fpc. Happy to see it worked!
    anisa and momi like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I used my Neutrogena fpc and a SDM BP coupons for a set amount of points when I spend X dollars. Got my points, as I should
    super807, momi and maple7 like this.
    R

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    I used my Neutrogena fpc and a SDM BP coupons for a set amount of points when I spend X dollars. Got my points, as I should
    So glad, I was hoping this would work for you.
    anisa and momi like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Thanks all for the input, it helped me out
    maple7 likes this.
    R

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information