CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Employees are customers too.
    momof3heathens and harley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

You almost never find clearance items in stock in WM . Now with $ 50 minimum Free shipping on wm.ca , its not worth ordering them online either.

But with Target got , WM can pretty much do anything they want ..poor customer serivice etc ..its time for Canadians to shop elsewhere & teach WM a lesson , so that they improve their service & stop taking Canadians for granted.

I give bare minimum business to WM ..all my groceries are at No Frills , Food Basics or Freshco ..and some of the things for WM , I Price Match at other close places

WM prices are not as good as they are made out to be ..most place have the same price & much better quality. Its a myth that WM is a cheap place to shop.

For one place stopping its good though ..otherwise not much benefit in shopping there , horrible customer service ..its basically like a big dollarama
    Momof3girlies, Poirot and Arvilish like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walmart employees are the WORKING POOR and i can't blame them for trying to get a deal.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

It's not about being working poor lol and trying to get a deal. At target items had to be on the floor for I think it was 20 minutes after we opened before we could purchase it. So basically if you are an employee who has knowledge of a fantastic deal, then yes they are getting it first if they want it unless you were psychic and went there for the deal when the doors opened. Yes there are perks to working in retail. That is one of them. The other thing is that just like the majority of the general population, most employees do not get excited about 50 cent laundry pacs and other such deals either, often leaving plenty for guests to buy. (Just not at Walmart since they never have stock anyhow)
    emg and Lyssia510 like this.

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by d.ot View Post
    My store also showed them in stock. I discovered a box sitting at customer service. An employee claimed them from the back already..boo! The CS guy told me that it is an item they will no longer stock.
    I would have complained to a manager.If the staff member paid for it already fine but I think employees holding items is wrong.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Oh remember the good old days when we can PM at Target using the website and in-store price? Already missing Target!

I would never enter WM based on website price because I have faced such issues. Once I was buying something and website said that it was 1.99 at your local store but it scanned at 6.99 [mind ya, it is regularly 4.99 at RCSS]. I went with my family only to be told that I cannot buy it for 1.99. Yup; I got trust issues lol

Anyway, point is that do not trust sites! HA

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycoupons View Post
    Walmart employees are the WORKING POOR and i can't blame them for trying to get a deal.
    Yup , they have every right to buy it.

As long as they don't buy it before the store opens or if they hide it somewhere from the customer . Also whatever limits apply to a customer , the same should apply to them. They shouldn't be allowed to hoard stuff either.

If they clean up the aisle ( especially on the very first day of the sale )..the least thing they should do is offer the customer's a Rain Check, as these guys spent lot of time , gas & energy in driving to the store hoping to get a deal that was not even there for them..and pretty much gone even before they got there.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

At my walmart there's a clearance rack way at the back by the baby stuff. There's never anything good on it, but it's there.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

First time posting, disappointed that it's in the Rant section. However, regarding the Sunlight packs for $0.50, I too went to Walmart the day it was posted as their website showed the Walmart closest to me had them in stock. I asked an employee, she went to the backroom, came back and stated that her handheld device showed them in stock but she couldn't find any. A few days later the web is still showing them in stock, I was at Walmart, so I asked a Customer Service representative and she said don't believe what the website says about current stock.
    Now to my point.....today they are in stock at the Walmart closest to me, with the price of $6.97.....how can they justify this?
    The identical issue happed a few months back when some members stated about the money making deal with Snap and Scrubbing Bubbles when combined with coupons. Am I wrong to be annoyed? Thanks for letting me vent! Have a great day!
    Momof3girlies likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Davelikes2save View Post
    First time posting, disappointed that it's in the Rant section. However, regarding the Sunlight packs for $0.50, I too went to Walmart the day it was posted as their website showed the Walmart closest to me had them in stock. I asked an employee, she went to the backroom, came back and stated that her handheld device showed them in stock but she couldn't find any. A few days later the web is still showing them in stock, I was at Walmart, so I asked a Customer Service representative and she said don't believe what the website says about current stock.
    Now to my point.....today they are in stock at the Walmart closest to me, with the price of $6.97.....how can they justify this?
    The identical issue happed a few months back when some members stated about the money making deal with Snap and Scrubbing Bubbles when combined with coupons. Am I wrong to be annoyed? Thanks for letting me vent! Have a great day!
    I never found the clearance items at Walmart no matter how many times it said they were in stock. I don't even bother.
    I have had similar issues with "Stock" at Canadian Tire. I even went to buy something the other day that said they had 8 and there was none. Went to customer service and they said oh those are in stock at the warehouse, we can order it for you. I told them to forget it! Obviously these in stock things are just a cheap pathetic tactic to get customers to visit the stores.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

This is my rant too! I had 7 products on my shoppng list and my coupons. Showed clearance in my store via their webpage. Went and not ONE item was in the store and I went first thing in the a.m., go to customer service and they said first come first served, however, WHY NOT UPDATE THE DAMN WEBSITE!? Walmart should take that function off completely, waste of time, patience, gas money.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Sometimes I can find them at the end of aisles, in a cosmetic department they usually put everything in one spot. I rarely get better deal on clearance than 50% off.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3girlies View Post
    This is my rant too! I had 7 products on my shoppng list and my coupons. Showed clearance in my store via their webpage. Went and not ONE item was in the store and I went first thing in the a.m., go to customer service and they said first come first served, however, WHY NOT UPDATE THE DAMN WEBSITE!? Walmart should take that function off completely, waste of time, patience, gas money.

Walmart website is not in real time....and is updated every 24 hours or so. They will tell you it is a GUIDE only...and to always check with the store you're going to shop at. Sometimes stock that is meant for one store actually gets delivered to another instead - the online site isn't going to reflect this odd circumstance (used to happen a lot when our store was just a regular store - things often destined for our store ended up at another store as supercentres took precedence over the regular stores.....may even happen to date because that other store is a full supercentre, whereas our store is a supercentre but not a full supercentre). Even then, between shrinkage, items placed where they don't belong (sometimes, even hidden by customers) and other reasons, what the gun may say for in stock may not actually be true.
    harley likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information