User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Internet coupons rrrant

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Printables for some reason they always give you a weird look , like you are committing a fraud or something
    rather than start a new thread, I'm bringing this year old one forward ... started taking advantage of Coupons back in Janurary, and never had a problem with the controlled ones through websaver, smartsource, etc ... Until Today. My reliable ol RCSS refused my Healthy Choice Gourmet Steamers BOGO coupon, unique PIN and all. I'd cashed a couple of these at this store in prior weeks / months so was taken aback, and headed to CS rather than make a scene with the rookie cashier.

Spoke to the Front End supervisor ... a very nice and knowledgeable lady, who informed me they would no longer accept Internet Coupons due to not being reimbursed, and some very organized instances of fraud. Losses in the "thousands" were being incurred. Ironically, earlier in the day, I'd been in the store for a quick shop, and cashed two $1.00 Black Diamond Cheese bar coupons, also from SmartSource.ca, without incident. So I was not a happy camper, and eventually headed to the nearest Walmart ... a longer drive from home, and had no issue using the BOGO coupon. Anyone else having recent issues at RCSS or other Loblaw affiliates? I'm being told its been the policy for awhile, just not being enforced, but will be going forward.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pointsman View Post
    rather than start a new thread, I'm bringing this year old one forward ... started taking advantage of Coupons back in Janurary, and never had a problem with the controlled ones through websaver, smartsource, etc ... Until Today. My reliable ol RCSS refused my Healthy Choice Gourmet Steamers BOGO coupon, unique PIN and all. I'd cashed a couple of these at this store in prior weeks / months so was taken aback, and headed to CS rather than make a scene with the rookie cashier.

Spoke to the Front End supervisor ... a very nice and knowledgeable lady, who informed me they would no longer accept Internet Coupons due to not being reimbursed, and some very organized instances of fraud. Losses in the "thousands" were being incurred. Ironically, earlier in the day, I'd been in the store for a quick shop, and cashed two $1.00 Black Diamond Cheese bar coupons, also from SmartSource.ca, without incident. So I was not a happy camper, and eventually headed to the nearest Walmart ... a longer drive from home, and had no issue using the BOGO coupon. Anyone else having recent issues at RCSS or other Loblaw affiliates? I'm being told its been the policy for awhile, just not being enforced, but will be going forward.
    Happened at SDM (Loblaws owned). A memo going around saying not to accept P&G printables and I was rejected for a coupon that wasn't even for a P&G product. They showed me the memo and everything. I try to avoid printables and choose the mail option whenever possible
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Maybe I am lucky to be in a big city, I cashed one of the smart source coupons, the retailer accepts them tG but I like the tear pads and mailed to home is better
    dededi likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    I really can't blame the stores. In my area there are a lot of couponers known to photocopy the printables or photoshop them. So far, all I need to do is point out that each one has a different PIN, it has been ok, but they still question it.
    Sounds like stores are getting burned with non-reimbursement because of fake/photocopied coupons (and the print at home ones are the ones most likely being reproduced). Would love to hear from them of all the coupons they accept, how much is not reimbursed due to this.

I'm sure there are ones out there who copy them - one shopping trip, they are taking in ones with different pin numbers. Next shopping trip, they are taking in the copies of the ones used the prior day.
    GeorgiaK, dededi and WINNIPEGZELDA like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I had an issue with Philly cream cheese recently and the company sent me four $2 off coupons that I had to install java, etc. to print and could not change any print settings. So my coupons got printed in black and white, two sided, three on one side, one on the back of the page. I haven't tried using them yet, but I'm betting someone's going to say I copied them.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I had an issue with Philly cream cheese recently and the company sent me four $2 off coupons that I had to install java, etc. to print and could not change any print settings. So my coupons got printed in black and white, two sided, three on one side, one on the back of the page. I haven't tried using them yet, but I'm betting someone's going to say I copied them.
    Take a pic of the email with your phone to show. Just in case.
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Yep I hate printables. I kind of feel like it's a cop out to manufacturers to give "high value coupons" that they don't have to reimburse because they get rejected at the till. So some get lucky, they save face, and money.

As much as I'm always happy to share my couponing ways. I dislike how mainstream it's getting as I've seen countless times in groups I'm in people teaching awful, and wrong "strategies" like thanks, you're the reason I get the coupon sweats at the till now.

I stick to tear pads mostly. I have moved more to point systems to really maximize savings. And get mail outs of I can. Oh and my two inserts one for me one for my grandparents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    How you got $2 coupon? What forms you used to contact them?

LOL I know I am shifting this from rant to wow-holy-look-at-that-jaw-dropping-coupon
    agarla and dededi like this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree with the previous comments, I don't blame the store. The problem is that there are a lot of fake coupons. With sites like Smart Source, they have a unique code for each coupon printed. Each code can only be redeemed once. But my local Fresh Co. said that many people are photocopying them and they lose money over the fakes.

I've found that printing in colours increases your success. Try it. They think it is unlikely one would invest in colour copying a mere dollar savings.

BTW, have you guys watched this clip about small town mayor coupon forging from The Onions? It always crack me up:

http://www.theonion.com/video/small-...ver-forg-26943
    dededi likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTofu View Post
    I agree with the previous comments, I don't blame the store. The problem is that there are a lot of fake coupons. With sites like Smart Source, they have a unique code for each coupon printed. Each code can only be redeemed once. But my local Fresh Co. said that many people are photocopying them and they lose money over the fakes.

I've found that printing in colours increases your success. Try it. They think it is unlikely one would invest in colour copying a mere dollar savings.

BTW, have you guys watched this clip about small town mayor coupon forging from The Onions? It always crack me up:

http://www.theonion.com/video/small-...ver-forg-26943
    Is that for real?
    dededi likes this.
    "Freedom is a myth, love is non-existent and privacy is delusional! No right to live or die"

Like for me no apparent reason!
    https://www.facebook.com/Arvilish-133128550466283/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

obviously a spoof, but hilarious none the less.
    Arvilish and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

just to followup on my earlier post ... yesterday, I decided to seek out the RCSS store mgr about their change in policy to NOT accept internet coupons; turns out this was the day when about a dozen H.O. brass are in the store, and when I spotted the store mgr. ... a very approachable nice guy btw ... he had one of these in tow; I stopped them, pulled out my just printed Danone Yogurt $1 coupon and asked if it would be honoured, as I'd had issues a few weeks ago. He looked it over and said it was fine ... they have no issue with internet coupons. Duh! what a surprise. I still expected a fight a checkout, but it was accepted without a bunch of drama. How things change.
    agarla likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

why can't they make these coupons scannable at the till, then the first one scanned would be accepted and all others with the same scannable code would be rejected - isn't that what they do with print at home tickets from Ticketmaster?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tvwatcher View Post
    why can't they make these coupons scannable at the till, then the first one scanned would be accepted and all others with the same scannable code would be rejected - isn't that what they do with print at home tickets from Ticketmaster?
    And in the states!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Walmart has no issues with printables. For example no-frills has Pinty's chicken wings on sale this week for $9.99, and I used the printable $2 off to price match at Walmart and got a couple for $7.99 each
    agarla likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information