• 1 Post By WINNIPEGZELDA
  • 1 Post By WINNIPEGZELDA
  • 1 Post By greeny
  • 1 Post By SavvyLady

Thread: Shoppers personal offer applied wrong

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I decided I would take advantage of the great tp deal today and went just after lunch. When there I saw the mrs fields cookies on for $1.99 with bp of 500 wyb 2. I also used my personal offer of pay $1.77 on chips ahoy 300gr.
    So tonight after running other errands and having nice visit with a friend I reviewed my receipt. I discovered the system applied my personal offer to one of the mrs fields cookies and not the chips ahoy. I was charged full price of $4.49 for the chips ahoy. I would never pay that!
    I had to walk back to shoppers and get my money back. I'm glad the manager working was one I know and she's really nice. Now the only problem is that shoppers take back more points on returns than you earn. They round to the nearest 10 cents on returns but you only earn on the nearest dollar. They took back 44 points and only gave me 10 points back. Grr. Now I have to contact head office. I just wish shoppers would correct their system.
    Sorry for the long rant, I just needed to get out.
    This thread is currently associated with: Fields, Shoppers Drug Mart
    toronto166 and wahiariis like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

and I am sure not many customers would even bother fighting to get the refund or the points fixed. That is what they bank on, no one complaining. These days almost all the stores I shop at I find the nearest chair after paying and I sit to go over my receipt, just bugs me to have to go back.

babies teach us acceptance

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I normally check too, but the store was super busy and I had my 13 year old son with me as well ( he helped me get things home, love him to pieces) and he was ready to go.
    walkonby and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I know it happened many times in shoppers.
    Gave 800pts wub milk, 8000 pts wub food and snacks(bought $32 of food), only 800pts was applied, they said only one coupon can be used and system took 800bp one, they can't help and when I called CS they advised me to use only one coupon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugaboo9601 View Post
    ... Now the only problem is that shoppers take back more points on returns than you earn. They round to the nearest 10 cents on returns but you only earn on the nearest dollar. They took back 44 points and only gave me 10 points back. Grr. Now I have to contact head office. I just wish shoppers would correct their system.
    Sorry for the long rant, I just needed to get out.

I don't understand.

$1.99 = 10 SDM points
    $4.49 =44 SDM points.

what am I missing?

Thanks.
    WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    I don't understand.

$1.99 = 10 SDM points
    $4.49 =44 SDM points.

what am I missing?

Thanks.
    The item at $4.49 only earned me 40 points, however they took 44 points back because of the return.
    With this logic the $1.77 should have earned 17 points.
    The program was originally that you earned points to the nearest 10 cents. When they changed the terms it awards points to the nearest dollar. They never updated the software for returns to clawback to the nearest dollar.
    Cake likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So...are you asking them for 34 points?
    Are you sure you want to go to all that trouble? If not, please, please ignore the rest.

You never know, they could look closer and take all the bonus pc points away from using pc on 20x day. I'm pretty new at this, but looks like some people are being denied using a pc at the till on bonus points day.

I know that one really doesn't have to do with the other, but could end up being involved

The item at $4.49 only earned me 40 points, however they took 44 points back because of the return.
    With this logic the $1.77 should have earned 17 points.
    The program was originally that you earned points to the nearest 10 cents. When they changed the terms it awards points to the nearest dollar. They never updated the software for returns to clawback to the nearest dollar.
    Last edited by WINNIPEGZELDA; Sun, Apr 19th, 2015 at 04:02 PM.
    annedougherty likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WINNIPEGZELDA View Post
    So...are you asking them for 34 points?
    Are you sure you want to go to all that trouble? If not, please, please ignore the rest.

You never know, they could look closer and take all the bonus pc points away from using pc on 20x day. I'm pretty new at this, but looks like some people are being denied using a pc at the till on bonus points day.

I know that one really doesn't have to do with the other, but could end up being involved
    I am just frustrated at the program. This is not the first time its happened on a return. I didn't spend $50 yesterday so I didn't get 20x the points. The big reason for my shop was the cheap toilet paper (I hate not having extra in my home) I only used two personal offers. Get 800 bp on 4 litres of milk and pay $1.77 for chips ahoy 300 gram cookies.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, I see.
    I wish I knew what to say the help the frustration go away.

Maybe just that we are lucky to keep getting such great bonus points to help make up for times like this.
    What we get is so much bigger than what they take.

I am just frustrated at the program. This is not the first time its happened on a return. I didn't spend $50 yesterday so I didn't get 20x the points. The big reason for my shop was the cheap toilet paper (I hate not having extra in my home) I only used two personal offers. Get 800 bp on 4 litres of milk and pay $1.77 for chips ahoy 300 gram cookies.
    annedougherty likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I always pay attention as they are ringing each item up. That way if something comes up the wrong price I correct them right away. I know sometimes there are distractions and/or your mind is somewhere else, but try to get in the habit of doing this as many stores will have something on sale but when they scan it the full price pops up. It's happened many times to me. I kind of wonder if this is done on purpose?
    WINNIPEGZELDA likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I'd let it go, 34 points is not even equal to a nickle.
    Last edited by Decaf; Sun, Apr 26th, 2015 at 09:06 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree with decaf, it's not worth all the hassle for 34 poimts..but, I guess it's the principle of the matter...I just think they are really scrutinizing everything now and if if they think you were trying to do two transactions when you should only be doing one, they might take a closer look at your transactions!!
    Decaf likes this.

Thread Information